News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Clutch Pedal Modification

Started by YellaBelly, 11, February, 2013, 12:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellaBelly

Further to my recent thread regarding modding the clutch pedal, I finally got stuck in at the weekend and am quite pleased with the results. A bit of tidying to do then I should be good to go. This now means that I can use a standard Cortina long clutch cable on my type 9 G/B with a Sierra pedal box setup and still have manual adjustment at the G/B end ;D

[smg id=1250]
[smg id=1251]
[smg id=1252]
[smg id=1253]
[smg id=1254]

JB

fullpint

Good job JB. Dont you just love it when a plan comes together.  A lick of paint and jobs a good one. Or you could get it powder coated in a nice Gloss Black  ;)

YellaBelly

Cheers Steve!

I would love to get one of those DIY powder coating kits but cannot justify the cost (even if I did have the spare dosh) :(

I'll give it a couple of coats of Stone Guard and she should be fine.

It's gonna make life so much easier to order a standard cable rather than pay daft money for a bespoke one. :D

Just need to sort a new brake M/C now. I replaced the seals in my Sierra one and it's OK at the moment, but I don't know whether I can trust it so I'm looking to get a Fiesta one to fit in it's pace as they are supposed to give a better pedal feel anyhow.

JB

fullpint

Next time you take it off pop it in the post mate and for £5 I will give it the works treatment.  ;D
I must make sure I have a spare cable at the ready before the I start using the Mk very shortly.. Current one broke last year and touch wood its still holding after my DIY repair  :-\

YellaBelly

What a gentleman you are mate :D

I may just take you up on that offer ;)

Yep, I've got a spare throttle cable, fan belt and just got to get another clutch cable so at least I'll have a fighting chance if one of them breaks!

Moleman

Nice mod mate. With any luck now that your carrying spares after your mod hopefully they won't be needed now.  :D

YellaBelly

Bl**dy hope so Colin! I built this car to drive not fix!! :)

mind you, still plenty of mods to do, and if I'm honest, I rather enjoy getting out in the garage again. Once I'd finished the car and got it on the road it seemed like something was missing from my spare time :D