AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Good day in the garage! (But after the loan of a carb airflow meter)!

Started by Grin-a-lot, 05, February, 2013, 09:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grin-a-lot

Well after yesterday's fuss with the self destructing trigger ring, the new one arrived (many thanks to Accuspark's customer service) and I fitted it with much success.

While the car was invalided yesterday I set about cleaning the inside of the dizzy - there was loads of grit and old grease in there so I feel much better for clearing that out.  I also managed to track down the dodgy wiring/earth that was playing havoc with my gauges.

Now that the car runs again the electrics are better than ever (they do what they are supposed to) and a rough tune of the carbs has the car working better than before.

So to complete the job, does anyone have a vacuum measuring jobber for checking the carbs are in balance that I could borrow?  The tuning is mostly there but it'd be nice to get it done as well as I can!

Camber Dave

Come and get mine again
I have two - that I rarely use so hang on to one of them for club use

Dave

YellaBelly

Nice one Dave! How;'s that for comraderie :D

Sounds like you're doing loads more than me Darren, I'm still in the middle of modifying my clutch pedal to take a standard Cortina clutch cable (hopefully make it easier next time I break down halfway to Queens Square!! :P).

I've SORN'd my car at the moment as the Tax ran out end of Jan and I can't afford to renew just yet so might as well try and sort some jobs while off the road.

Grin-a-lot

Dave - thats very kind and i'll get over sometime this week to collect it (with added biscuits)

JB - i'm not doing anything particularly adventurous but i'm learning more and more every time I have a go!