News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Disc/pad options

Started by stevel, 07, May, 2013, 03:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevel

At my last MOT I had an advisory on NSF brake judder when completing brake test on rollers.  I thought it may have been some rust but the problem is still there with continual use, I also checked caliper bolts for anything obvious.  I also noticed some steering wheel judder on our Stoneleigh journey around 65mph.  i am wondering if it is the discs or maybe sonething as simple as wheel balance.  So first thing will be swap wheels back to front to see if any change to eliminate wheel balance.  Then investigate disc warped?  If I replace discs it will also be pads so looking for suggestions on options.  I will only change discs and pads, the Tiger budget does not allow calipers and to be honest never really felt I needed much more in the stopping power but would a change to grooved or drilled be any better.  The current discs and calipers are stabdard Sierra vented discs, no idea what pads are but nothing special I would suspect.  Advice please on what to consider on a budget.

Moleman

I got my yellow pads from Krazyken. May be an idea to pm him to see if he still has contacts for that sort of thing as I'm not sure if he still does?  :)

Lucky Ed

Quote from: stevel on 07, May, 2013, 03:10:23 PM
At my last MOT I had an advisory on NSF brake judder when completing brake test on rollers.  I thought it may have been some rust but the problem is still there with continual use, I also checked caliper bolts for anything obvious.  I also noticed some steering wheel judder on our Stoneleigh journey around 65mph.  i am wondering if it is the discs or maybe sonething as simple as wheel balance.  So first thing will be swap wheels back to front to see if any change to eliminate wheel balance.  Then investigate disc warped?  If I replace discs it will also be pads so looking for suggestions on options.  I will only change discs and pads, the Tiger budget does not allow calipers and to be honest never really felt I needed much more in the stopping power but would a change to grooved or drilled be any better.  The current discs and calipers are stabdard Sierra vented discs, no idea what pads are but nothing special I would suspect.  Advice please on what to consider on a budget.

I don't know if you're sorted Steve, but I have some discs and pads gathering dust. I've recently upgraded to Wilwoods and have some EBC grooved discs (shop soiled when I got them but unworn) and a set of EBC Yellowstuff pads that are only about 10% worn. These pads work really well on track and get better the hotter you get them. I don't want much for them, PM me if you're interested ;D