Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Toniq-r Problem with Easy Shift

Started by The Flying Scotsman, 31, August, 2009, 08:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Flying Scotsman

Hi Guys
I am the new owner of Martins Toniq-r ,first I must say loving it   ;D the East Coast roads are perfect. Only one problem is the Pingel Easy Shift after set mode it will only work going down the gears  >:( I have checked the conections they seem to be fine
Any feedback would be a help.

'The Gaffer'

Hi there and a warm welcome to the club.

I own another Toniq-R and I'm sure you will have great fun in yours. Shame you are a little too far away for a run out with us.

As far as your problem, I presume the gears worked when you bought the car?

First thing I would check is the wiring and buttons / paddles on the steering wheel.

Can you change gear maually as well on your car, if so is the gearbox ok?

Phil.

The Flying Scotsman

Hi Phil
The gears work fine manually and checked the wires to the power boxes .Just wondering if it is fault at the gear exchange unit.

Lee.

'The Gaffer'

Hi Lee.

Have you used a meter to physically check switch and wiring?

If it works one way, I would suspect a fault in the paddle switch or wiring, the unit could have gone faulty but doubtful, it is after all only a solenoid fed with opposite polarities for up and down. I have to say though, I have a different shifter on mine so couldent really say for sure.

Perhaps you could email or call the manufactuers?

Richard

Hi there on the East Coast, can't remember if that was the right line for the first flying scotsman or not.

Sad to hear a problem, can't really help with it I'm sorry to say. Hopefully someone might know, at least let us know what it was when you get it sorted.

Where abouts on East coast ?

The Flying Scotsman

Hi Guys
Fixed the problem I gave it a good hit off the garage wall ;D I was told it was a dry conection ???
Any way it done the job
Now im looking to get new wheel gaurds maybe the carbon look ;D

Lee

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: The Flying Scotsman on 03, September, 2009, 09:30:12 PM
Hi Guys
Fixed the problem I gave it a good hit off the garage wall ;D I was told it was a dry conection ???
Any way it done the job
Now im looking to get new wheel gaurds maybe the carbon look ;D

Lee

Ha, nothing like the subtle appraoch then Lee;D Keep an eye on it though, if its a dry solder joint, it will happen again. Its where a joint has been soldered and because it didnt 'fuse' together properly it is loose although it may look fine.

The offending joint really needs to be be re soldered to permanantly fix or it may shake loose again.

Post some pics up when you have modded.

Richard

Cabon mods, eh, not really a weight thing on a Toniq, must be an image thing.

Great news you've got it going, do listen to the solder advice though, perhaps a little wet winter job.