Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Two-engine Westfield

Started by Iancider, 12, April, 2014, 12:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iancider

Moleman,

Found this on the internet - inspration for your next project?  8)

SPAXIMUS

There was three Westfields built using set ups from Z cars. They approached Westfield to do specials via the factory but that did not happen and Jim Dudley at Tiger saw the huge marketing potential and built a few.
These were featured in the motoring press and Tiff Nedell featured one of the Tigers on Fifth Gear programs to great effect until he broke it.
I was at Elvington many years ago on a track day when Z cars brought the first one down for shake down runs. He was quick when it was running on just one engine but when he switched on the second it was insanely fast.

alastair

I have an idea............Twin engined turbo hyabusa's. About 800bhp!!! Or is that too much?

Moleman

Well at least if I blow a piston this time I would have 7 others to keep me going.  ::)

Iancider

Yes Alaistair that is too much,

You would just do involuntary doughnuts all of the time! ;D

SPAXIMUS

Z cars actually built an Ultima for an Arab chap, this had two turbo charged Hayabusa engines which was 850bhp in total. One drove the front wheels the other the rear. It used a very sophisticated Motec system to keep them running in sync

chrislandy

Quote from: alastair on 12, April, 2014, 07:16:33 PM
I have an idea............Twin engined turbo hyabusa's. About 800bhp!!! Or is that too much?

try to keep the weight down to 500kg and you'll have 1600bhp/T sounds like fun...

Quarrycars

Built a couple of twin engine kit cars back in the day with 1275 Mini/1100 power trains , sound great when you get them howling in sync!

YellaBelly

Quote from: SPAXIMUS on 12, April, 2014, 12:32:39 PM
.....Tiff Nedell featured one of the Tigers on Fifth Gear programs to great effect until he broke it.....

No surprise there then! Never rated him that much, always whinging and always crashing too :D

benchmark51

I agree, as bad as vicky scutler- bigfatbum :P