News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Anti Roll Bar.

Started by Moleman, 17, April, 2014, 09:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

As some of you will know the Westfield Anti Roll bar always seems to have a habit of breaking.  ::)
Well mine has gone again & I've gone through two in three years.
So I decided to jig mine up into position, cut away the broken bar & weld a thicker new bit of steel bar inside it to act as a spare one.

I also looked into a better alternative to replace it & thanks to Iancider I got in contact with Siltech Racing http://www.libell.nu/Siltech.html
They are a small company that make all there own parts. They are very helpful & will change & adapted curtain parts to fit your fit your car. They also guarantee their roll bars against fatigue & will replace them without charge.  8)

This is what they made me.   

This is the old one next to the new one.

The new one is made really well with a top quality engineering standard. I will get other bits from them as & when they break.  :D

Iancider

It looks very promising - simple is best and you can imagine the torsion being distributed along the whole length no stress points.

Krazyken

Colin, upgradeitus is an expensive disease which seems to have taken over your entire body.

Enjoy the upgrades, you will certainly notice the difference through Craner Curves at Donnington.

Moleman

It's not that Ken. I keep breaking mine.  ::) :P

Krazyken

Moleman