News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

MAC#1 tinkering

Started by Lucky Ed, 27, April, 2014, 09:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Ed

Over the last couple of weeks since my Combe track day, I have finished fitting the oil cooler along with the thermostat and remote filter head. The filter had to be moved due to the lack of space between the filter and the steering column, especially with the added width of the sandwich plate that is required for the oil feed and return. The cooler looks a little odd against the offset rad, but looks central once the nosecone is on.

Another problem I encountered at Combe was just scraping through the noise test, bang on the limit of 100db. So I whipped off the can and found about 30% of the packing had disappeared, and have repacked it with what I had left over from last year. My cheapo fleabay meter showed a reduction of about 2db but its not very accurate, but at least it gives me a bit more confidence for the next test. The results at Combe seemed rather high as it was tested at Abingdon a month before and came out at 95db, so somethings wrong somewhere.

Looking forward to the next track day to test out the cooler 8)

Iancider

Nice one again Ed,

Looks like a good long oil circuit helping to get the capacity up and plenty of heat loss from the piping too.

Proper Job!

Lucky Ed

With all the new parts and the space for a decent size filter, it's put the capacity up by about 1.5 lts 8)