Electrolytic Rust removal, as promised

Started by Dibbler, 18, May, 2014, 09:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dibbler

Bulldog Bri

Great set of photo's there ::) Makes it look so simple ;D

8)

Dibbler

the honest answer to that is, it really is that simple! If you have any rust removal needs & you have a container that will take the part, give it a go, it's going to save me hours.

My next rig will be my green wheelie bin (now that it isn't needed any more), allowing me to submerge much bigger parts.

I am also considering what will be the next one, getting a cheap kids swimming pool large enough to take the bonnet, doors, & tailgate for my Capri seems like it should work.

If I thought I would live to tell the tale, I would dig a Capri sized hole in the garden, line it with polythene & de-rust the whole shell using the molasses & water technique for 3 months.

If anyone has a farm, a corner of a field & preferably a digger for the hole, I'm game if you are lol!

Iancider

I love the upscaling bit but be careful.  If you get seen burying a car in chemicals in a field - expect a visit from the Rozzers - embalmers need to be licensed!

Dibbler

That's the best part of that method, just molasses & water (IE sugar water) so it is 100% non toxic & can be disposed of almost anywhere.

If I had the land I would just do the job & then use a spike on a long stick to puncture the bottom. The liquid would seep out over a couple of weeks, job done.