News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Camshaft Installation Garage

Started by CrisisWolf, 27, September, 2014, 09:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrisisWolf

Looking to upgrade the camshafts in my Zetec powered Westfield. Looking at Pipercams website and http://www.andersonracingengines.com/ came up. Anyone have any experience/dealings with them before?

Iancider

I don't know them but I could recommend Interrpro in Thornbury based on my recent very positive experience.

http://www.interprobristol.co.uk/

Ian

paintman

Just had a fast-road-cam put in the Hood at J b Racing and they said they only use Kent cams "'cause they are the best".

Don't know if that helps.

Tony

Dixie

Quote from: paintman on 29, September, 2014, 09:12:14 PM
Just had a fast-road-cam put in the Hood at J b Racing and they said they only use Kent cams "'cause they are the best".

Don't know if that helps.

Tony

I agree with Tony, Kent cams are good with lots of information.  Crowler are also good.  If it were my money, Kent all the way.

CrisisWolf

Just dropped them an email for recommendations on which cam (think I know which one tho) and to get some prices.

Thanks guys.

Lucky Ed

I can highly recommend Kent Cams, I had great results with their kit and are very approachable if you phone their technical dept. Having said that they told me their FOCUS2 cams would fit my Zetec Blacktop without any machining work, but the cam lobes were so big they wouldn't rotate in the head, and the lift was so high I had piston to valve contact. I was happy in the end though as I ended up with nearly 230bhp.

A cam change in a slivertop is less work and cheaper as it doesn't need re-shimming and the less wild cams will retain the std. followers. Choose carefully ;D