News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

MAC#1 Up and running

Started by Lucky Ed, 09, November, 2014, 12:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Ed

Finally got my car back on it's wheels after a bit of a wait for the parts. I've strengthened the lower wishbone brackets with some angle plates, fitted new rose jointed wishbones. The upper wishbone has a quick camber adjuster, and the rod ends an be moved back and forward in their brackets, which should easily allow me to get the required 8 degrees of caster.

Whilst I was suffering from this nasty bout of upgradeitis, I've gone for Protech shocks all round and fitted front and rear anti-roll bars. The ARB's were a bit of a faff, trying to find somewhere for them to fit without moving loads of other gear, but I hope it will be worth the effort as I had quite a bit of body roll on track.

All the parts came form MAC#1 Motorsports in Sheffield, and I can't praise them highly enough for their help and guidance in getting it all sorted. They were pleased that the car had reappeared on the radar as they often lose track of them and were chuffed that the car was being used in the way it was designed, ie driven into the ground ;D

I'm booked into see Camber Dave at Track Developments on the 17th, to get it all pointing in the right direction. You never know I might get a track day in before the end of the year 8)

Hairy Santa

Bulldog Bri

Krazyken

Great repair & upgrade Lucky!  Here's to the next time you break something!  :o

Moleman

Nice one mate. They do look much better.  8)

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Krazyken on 09, November, 2014, 07:12:29 PM
Great repair & upgrade Lucky!  Here's to the next time you break something!  :o

Thanks Ken. I haven't got much left to break - just the gearbox, diff and one driveshaft to go :o ;D

dave_bence

Iancider

Nice job Ed - and Fast!

It is all looking really strong now.

Hoping the next thing you break will be a lap record!

Ian

Daley Down Under

Well done Ed - good result.  BHP have an extra last minute date at Combe on 5th Dec. 175GBP for OPL

Cheers Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Looks great Ed, well done you have worked hard on that 8)

YellaBelly