News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

MAC#1 Fettling

Started by Lucky Ed, 24, November, 2014, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Ed

The MAC has now been set up, courtesy of Dave @ Track Developments. Luckily the base settings from MAC#1 Motorsports were pretty close, and I hadn't touched the back end much except for the new shocks, so it was just the front end set up to do.
I've ended up with 7 degrees of caster, this should make it a lot more stable on track and it has allowed me to run less camber, so it should be less twitchy on uneven surfaces.

A great job done yet again by Dave, and the morning came with another masterclass in suspension geometry which I can only take in bite sized bits before by brain overloads :o

On the journey back I called into Infinity exhausts to see if they could make me a new can, as I'm fed up repacking the old one and only ever just scraping through the noise test at Combe. No probs they said as they had just done a supercharged Westie, so they knew what was needed. 24hrs later I picked the car up, job done all fiited with new brackets. The noise level on my fleabay meter has gone down from 98db to 91db.

The exhuast side of the car certainly sounds quiet, so I expect they will just do me now on the induction noise coming from the other side :o ;D

Hairy Santa

good job all round by the sounds of it

track time now  8)

Daley Down Under

robp

Nice job, Ed.

You're all ready for some more track fun now! 

Lucky Ed

Quote from: robp on 24, November, 2014, 04:14:39 PM
Nice job, Ed.

You're all ready for some more track fun now! 

BHP have put an extra day on Fri 5th Dec................. I'm thinking about it ;D

Krazyken

Go for it ED - It must be at least 2 weeks since you last broke something on track - it seems like ages! :P

Iancider

Impressed!

Glad you have new shocks at the back the last shock was at the front!

Moleman

'The Gaffer'

Nice one Ed. Good work all round.

dave_bence

Nice work Ed 8)

That's a very serious case of Upgraditis ;D

Brandy Barrel

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Brandy Barrel on 10, June, 2015, 07:09:17 AM
Do mac1 still exist?

Yes Mac#1 Motorsports are still operating in Sheffield, mainly selling BEC kits, but also doing a lot of finishing and IVA work.
Great guys to deal with, but can get overloaded with work, so not always the quickest.

Brandy Barrel

Ohh ok
I have a Mac as well, but have tried calling so many times I've lost count.
So thought they he'd gone bust as no answer...ever

Lucky Ed

They had a fire at their old place and moved some time ago.

Mark and Colin 0114 2511016