News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Mounting westfield windscreen

Started by Brandy Barrel, 26, June, 2015, 09:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandy Barrel

I guess it doesn't matter if it's westfield or any other, but does everyone mount the brackets direct to the bodywork or do you put a pad between the metal and fibreglass?

Moleman

I can have a look at mine for you over the weekend.  :)

benchmark51

I use a homemade gasket of thin neoprene rubber between the bracket and scuttle, then on the inside of the scuttle a nylon washer, flat washer and nyloc nut. On mine the entire cockpit area is steel and so I don't want water causing rust at the bolt holes. Also keeps the seating area draught free ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D lol.

SPAXIMUS

Westfield do not use any form of gasket. Use a thin smear of silicon sealer after you have dry assembled it first.

You will find that they do not exactly conform to the scuttle and make sure you measure from the roll bar as they tell you in the book.

It is easier if you are having sidescreens to use those on the pillars to line up as they should be level when you have fitted them.

A good tip is to cut two pieces of wood with a notch at the front, then you can drill the bottom hole on the pillars, then with a clamp at the back holding another piece of wood that is at right angles slowly move the length until it is perfect then drill the second hole.
The reassemble with the silicon to take up the gap that will be there.
Also use a little silicon on the grub screw as with use they will corrode in the alloy frame.