AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New Toyo R888R's 195/50/15 best price I've seen yet!!

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 28, July, 2015, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Facial Hair Optional

That is £24.65 PER TYRE cheaper than Demon Tweeks for the same size!!  :o

benchmark51

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 28, July, 2015, 01:34:41 PM

That's cos the're  remoulds mate :P

damouk

I got my 225's for £114 each, they must be selling off the r888's cheap ready for the r888r's

Facial Hair Optional

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 28, July, 2015, 02:02:36 PM
Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 28, July, 2015, 01:34:41 PM

That's cos the're  remoulds mate :P

I bet they'd work well on the track Dave...... NOT!!!  :o

Facial Hair Optional

PS. Just in case the price on that link changes, it was £93.50 for Toyo R888R's in 195/50/15 inc. VAT and delivery (just so we are all clear!!!)  ;D

paintman

That's a great price....might grab myself a couple. ::)

damouk

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 28, July, 2015, 06:52:54 PM
PS. Just in case the price on that link changes, it was £93.50 for Toyo R888R's in 195/50/15 inc. VAT and delivery (just so we are all clear!!!)  ;D

Ha my bad, I must learn to read.. :-\

Facial Hair Optional

They have gone down to £92.90 today!!!  :o

I can't see them being this price for long and maybe never again.

If you are after 195/50/15's (which sadly I am not  >:() I'd snap them up while you can tbh  8)

paintman

They dropped too £74 each today, so I bought a couple of 195x50x15 Toyo r888r's for £148!!!! :P

Bargain or what!! ;D ;D

sanzomat

Quote from: paintman on 29, July, 2015, 09:16:02 PM
They dropped too £74 each today, so I bought a couple of 195x50x15 Toyo r888r's for £148!!!! :P

Bargain or what!! ;D ;D

Was that on Oponeo? If they were that price in 16" I would have had some! Hopefully the Yoko AD08R's will do me fine.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: paintman on 29, July, 2015, 09:16:02 PM

Bargain or what!! ;D ;D

You are kidding me!!!!! WOW! I've been keeping an eye on their price and saw it went down by 60p but I must have missed that huge drop and you must have got VERY, VERY lucky!!!!!  8)

Facial Hair Optional

Just checked, you mean on the Oponeo website!!!!!

Right lads, Toyo R888R's 195/50/15's on Oponeo now for £74.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iancider

This is like a Dutch auction - do I wait a few days until they get to £50?!!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 31, July, 2015, 08:10:58 PM
This is like a Dutch auction - do I wait a few days until they get to £50?!!
Stick or twist Ian? Bust, they are gone, just looked and they are not on their list today so I guess they sold all of that batch. Not surprised at that price!

I ordered my tyres today btw, 2x205/50/15 R888's and 2x215/50/15 R888's.

£406.30 inc delivery. Happy with that given their size! From Tyreleader.

Just waiting for the email now that says 'sorry mate we don't have any left but can get them for you next year' !!!!  >:(

Iancider

Facial Hair Optional

My Toyo's arrived at 9am this morning. I ordered from www.tyreleader.co.uk

Very happy with the prices and service. Be aware that although it is a .co.uk website, they come from Germany. Ten days from ordering (very late on a Friday night!) to arrival with TWO weekends included, so actually quite quick I think (only 6 actual working days included in the whole start to finish time).

I subsequently found one pair a bit cheaper on http://my-cheap-tyres.co.uk/  though. Make an note of that site cos even when you put 'my cheap tyres' into google it does not come up!! They need to optimise their search engine blah blah, I found it by accident after I had ordered and could have saved another £40!!!!!!!

On a related subject, anyone tell me what the difference is between 7J wheels and 7JJ please??

sanzomat

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 10, August, 2015, 09:30:17 PM
On a related subject, anyone tell me what the difference is between 7J wheels and 7JJ please??

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html

This explains it as well as you'll find but I'm not much clearer - something to do with the shape of the bead seat on the inside of the rims.

sanzomat

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 10, August, 2015, 09:30:17 PM
My Toyo's arrived at 9am this morning.

Not sure how much "scrubbing in" your new 888's will need but if you are fitting them before the track day on Monday you might find them a bit squirrely for the first few laps. I found my new boots a bit on the loose side on the way to the riverside last Thursday. I was thinking my back suspension was knackered (might still be!) as it was feeling a bit wierd. I've now put a couple of hundred miles on them and they are feeling much better but perceived wisdom is that new tyres usually need some use before they start to grip properly.

Lucky Ed

That'll be good news, if that's the cause of your loose rear end Dave 8)

DZ ran my new 888's in at the Action Day at Combe, and I can defo say they are well and truly scrubbed in :o

Facial Hair Optional

sanzomat/dave - great link that to the tyre/wheel info and lots of other good stuff on there too - cheers for that.

I am going to attempt to get the tyres on the car asap and then do an initial heat cycle (yes I have been reading!). Apparently it changes the bonds in the rubber and gives better grip and longer life. They HAVE to rest for at least 24 hours after it's been done though, that is when the rubber molecules reform in a new formation (or sumfim!!)

After that I will try and clock up some scrubbing in miles by Monday. I put new rears on the Tiger a month or so back, only Uniroyals but it was defo noticeable that they were new and a bit 'squirrelly' as you say.

I have heard before that this is something to do with the releasing compound they use to get the tyres out of the moulds when they make them? It takes time to get worn off (or sumfin!!)  ;D

After about 50 or so miles they settled down well.

It didn't help that the 1st time they were fitted they were on the wrong side of the car (they are directional) I won't admit to doing it but what a weird feeling driving the car that was!!  :o :o :o