AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Has anyone here driven a turbo BEC??? (see link to one on sale!)...

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 31, July, 2015, 09:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Jagodo

I can't help thinking that it has too much power for such a light car. It could be below 4 seconds for 0-60 and around 10 seconds standing 1/4 mile but it could be a real handful to drive as the turbo comes in. I reckon that would be spinning the wheels to around 80 or 90 mph which could be insane fun or a quick way into the nearest hedge. It'd be fun to find out though!

Facial Hair Optional

It would be a LOT of fun!

According to the seller......

"WITH FLAT SHIFTER 0 TO 60 IS UNDER 3 SECONDS AND IT WILL BLOW AWAY SUPER BIKES SUCH AS FIREBLADES, R1, GSXR, ZX10R FROM THE LIGHTS ALL THE WAY TO 140MPH WHEN IT HITS THE REV LIMITER" !!!  :o

paintman

benchmark51

I think it's a 1.4 turbo, it gets you there and back before you start :o

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 01, August, 2015, 08:30:11 AM
I think it's a 1.4 turbo, it gets you there and back before you start :o

Which one Dave? The one on ebay is 998cc. A standard Hayabusa is 1.3 I think, though of course Santa's may not be standard. They are all damned fast though that is for sure! And if it is a turbo busa then it will be bonkers mental!!! :o :o 8) 8)

Hairy Santa

mine is turbo. 1.3, holeshot quote 330-350 bhp, power commander and wideband commander do the control work, set up by Colin

Standard Busa from memory is 175-180 bhp I think

car is 520kgs and getting lighter all the time, it is geared to 125mph top end, it used to be 140 but put different gear cluster in, now even quicker  ;)

6 speed sequential forward and reverse, but never tried backwards, could be fun  ;D / LSDiff to get it some grip

My Spectre R42's road test report is 0-60 4 sec but the busa will leave that standing, its in a different league

just right for being driven on damp roads, just carry spare underpants and toilet roll

Adrian might come back on this if he spots it, I think that was the engine (Kawasaki)he had in his Squire when we had a bit of fun at Landow a few years ago

The car advertised is worth buying in my opinion   

fullpint

So that's why you carry a loo roll in your cool box Pete... Remember seeing it at Combe last time  :D

Hairy Santa

Quote from: fullpint on 01, August, 2015, 05:25:31 PM
So that's why you carry a loo roll in your cool box Pete... Remember seeing it at Combe last time  :D

and 2 pair of pants - be prepared that's my motto - I was a sea scout   :'(

paintman

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 01, August, 2015, 05:34:21 PM
Quote from: fullpint on 01, August, 2015, 05:25:31 PM

and 2 pair of pants - be prepared that's my motto - I was a sea scout   :'(

Sure you don't mean the Brownies!!

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 01, August, 2015, 03:24:14 PM
mine is turbo. 1.3, holeshot quote 330-350 bhp, power commander and wideband commander do the control work, set up by Colin

car is 520kgs and getting lighter all the time, it is geared to 125mph top end, it used to be 140 but put different gear cluster in, now even quicker  ;)

6 speed sequential forward and reverse, but never tried backwards, could be fun  ;D / LSDiff to get it some grip

My Spectre R42's road test report is 0-60 4 sec but the busa will leave that standing, its in a different league

just right for being driven on damp roads, just carry spare underpants and toilet roll

Adrian might come back on this if he spots it, I think that was the engine (Kawasaki)he had in his Squire when we had a bit of fun at Landow a few years ago

Pete's right - the Busa Turbo is proper quick.  My supercharged ZX14 in the Spire only put out 270bhp.  Couldn't stay with Pete on the main straight at Llandow.

Cheers Adrian

Daley Down Under

PS: that ZX10 turbo Indy looks like a nice build.  280-370bhp is a bit ambitious though - what boost for 370  :o :o :o :o :o

Cheers Adrian

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Daley Down Under on 02, August, 2015, 12:21:01 AM
PS: that ZX10 turbo Indy looks like a nice build.  280-370bhp is a bit ambitious though - what boost for 370  :o :o :o :o :o

Cheers Adrian
1.2 bar Adrian. Just under 17psi.

Less than my cossie runs at (1.8bar, 25psi) but then it's not a bike engine and I guess that must make some difference?

Facial Hair Optional

Standard Hayabusa 1999-2007 is about 173bhp at the crank. From 2008 onwards it's 197bhp at crank (according to wikipedia)

Facial Hair Optional

Pete, do you have any trouble getting the power down on the road? (or track). I have found that to be the real limiting factor in most very powerful kit cars, mostly due to light weight and tyre limitations I guess?