News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Wheel PCD adapters

Started by fletch_306, 13, October, 2015, 09:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fletch_306

Has anyone had any experience using adapters to adapt the pcd of the wheel bolts. I have a Tiger supersix which has vw golf front uprights 4x100 and ford cortina 4x108 rear. It has had the rear changed to the vw PCD but this creates an issue for me now I want to change the drums for new ones and I have to get them re drilled if I want to have the vw PCD or I could return them to them ford bolt pattern and use adapters making this easier for the future.
Any suggestions guys what should I do is it worth getting the adapters or should I find someone to drill the drums? Plus if you know someone who could make the adapters I would happily keep it in the family club wise.
Cheers and I hope that makes sense.

Fletch

Swampy

Hi Fletch.

Check out ebay for the costs of wheel adapters ... i have used some fk ones in the past changing a 5x100 stud (old vw) to new 5 x 112. They were well made and these were light as made from aluminium. There are loads of variants to decide from with hub mount, pcd, adapter thickness and material all being choice options to consider.
If you chose to re drill the hubs and they have a good hub centric centre i.e. fit the rim centres, then drilling them shouldn't be to much of an issue and may be cheaper.

Good luck :)