News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Track developments Dave Gallop

Started by jmad, 28, February, 2016, 03:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmad

I know it has been said a few times on here about the work that Dave does on car set up, and I have posted a couple of times recommending him.

My fury went to Dave last summer for the suspension to be set up. Prior to it going in the car was very rigid and it was a constant battle to keep it on the road unless you were on perfect Tarmac. As soon as it saw a bump or a ripple it would be off doing its own thing. In the summer Dave changed all the springs and set the corner weights and it definitely improved things and to be honest I would have been happy with how it was, but Dave wasn't happy with the lack of adjustment on the front suspension so it was agreed that he would have it back over the winter for some "bigger" adjustments and to fit an anti roll bar.

He did the work in December but due to weather, family, work and floods today was the first chance I have had to get the car out. It is like a different car the car is transformed gone is any sense of tramlining or skittishness (technical term) it just feels totally planted at the front. I hate to say it but I think it may have improved the car more than the shiny Tillet Carbon seats did !!!!!!!  ??? 8). Joking aside I am really shocked how different the car feels.

My only real concern is that I am running out of excuses for the Combe track day!!!!

sanzomat

Fantastic news.

Having the right suspension set up will give you the confidence to push on that bit harder so You won't need any excuses!

Moleman

That is good to hear. You will enjoy the track day even more now.  8)

Iancider

I think David is Welsh for magician.  If it isn't it should be!

foggy@smr

Just emailed Dave to ask a few questions, as I think the Westie would benefit from being set up correctly.

Lets see what happens....  :P

Iancider

foggy,

It may improve beyond your expectations - Dave is that good!

foggy@smr

Quote from: Iancider on 24, April, 2016, 12:45:36 AM
foggy,

It may improve beyond your expectations - Dave is that good!

Thing is, I know the car had been set up years ago when it was racing, but the car was sat for 3 years before we bought it plus we have stripped it to bare chassis, so may as well do it once and do a proper job   ;D