News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

altanator problems

Started by Mikey1986, 21, November, 2009, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey1986

Hey Is anyone building a robin hood zero with a 2ltr pinto? was just wondering what altanator you used and what the part number it is?
hope someone can help! mikey

paintman

My Robin Hood s7 got a Pinto in it. The alternator is  XIA3174 from a Sierra. The're about £80 new if you get them on line.

Hope this helps.  Tony         ??? ;)

Mikey1986

Is that the original altanator, cuz ive tryed to put the original one on and it doesnt fit so ive heard that some people use jap altanators of daihatsu hijet/charade .etc. and modifiy a bracket to fit, any idears?? thanks for your help

YellaBelly

I'm planning on using my original Sierra donor alternator. I made a bracket up out of 5mm x 25mm bar, and although it's only tacked up, it seems like it will be OK and there will be enough clearance.

I'm overseas at the mo, but I can put a couple of piccies up when I get back at the weekend if it's any good?

JB

Mikey1986

yea that would be sweet, thanx. i hope its sunny where u are! lol

YellaBelly

Quote from: Mikey1986 on 23, November, 2009, 08:28:47 PM
yea that would be sweet, thanx. i hope its sunny where u are! lol

It's a hell of a lot drier too! Looks like I may be bringing some drier weather home thursday according to the forecast. I'll see what I can do :D

Mikey1986

hay did u have a good time on holiday? do you have any news on the pics??

YellaBelly

Quote from: Mikey1986 on 03, December, 2009, 08:37:19 PM
hay did u have a good time on holiday? do you have any news on the pics??

If you're asking me mate, unfortunately it was work :( and unless you want any pics of how a mobile WiMAX network works I'm afraid I can't help lol! :D

JB