News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Rapid Fit Looms

Started by Mr Phaeton, 07, February, 2010, 11:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Phaeton

Hello all.

Has any body purchased a modular rapid fit loom from S-V-C (Stafford Vehicle Compounents)? If so, would they recommend the loom, or does any body recommend another loom, and if so what is it and where does it come from?

Any feed back would be great..........Cheers all

Mr Phaeton.....(Matt)

'The Gaffer'

Hello Matt.

Hows that Phaeton coming along?

I am guessing that you need a loom for the kit car? In which case I very much doubt it would be standard with many items removed that were originaly on the doner.

I would also guess that the type of pre made looms you mention would be common car specific, and if so would be complete overkill for your Phaeton.

My advice would be to make your own and save a shed load of money. Keep us up to date :)

Mr Phaeton

Thanks for your thoughts....

I was originally planing on building my own loom, however, when i look into material cost, the price seemed to soon add up, need to make a decistion soon if I'm ever to get her on the road this summer!!!

Furore Phil

Hi,

Just to make it more confusing - I would say the complete opposite !

Making your own loom is going to be very complicated and expensive. You'll probably need a dozen different colours of wire and they have to be the correct spec for cars. I doubt you'll able to get all the parts for less than they can do it.

I have used an SVC loom in the past and I was pleased with the quality and instructions.

The Phaeton looks like it has fairly standard 7 style dimensions, so it should fit ok. Give them a call to see if anyone has fitted one to your car, or if they even have a specific one for your car. They may have a loom pattern specific to your car, so could knock one up for you.

Check to see what other phaetons have fitted.

I think the one made for my Furore was made by them, but there is no maker marks.