Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Geometry!

Started by Billy Bob, 20, April, 2010, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy Bob

Hello all
    Sorry again for the silly question, having got more used to the gears, clutch and general bangs/clunck/ and noise (the faster you go the less car noise there is..... how handy :-) I am starting to get onto the other little issues that you find on a car that you have not built yourself. Everything that makes it personal!! But anyway the first thing I want to check is the geometry, I have a very accurate 'Hunter' rig in the workshop where I work and am going to nip the car in for a geometry check as it is quite aysimetric and understeers on right handers a little (little is a lot on these things!!) I will be looking through all of the build books when I get home but if anyone knows a link to a good site that shows the Westfield BEC specs any chance you can post them on here or is it a case of getting Westfield to supply/ do the geometry???? (very Noob question I know!!)

Thanks all, hope your making the most of the sun  :D

8)

'The Gaffer'

Best place to ask would be on the Westfield Forum here http://boardroom.wscc.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi

Do you have another pic of your car, our server dosent like your little thumbnail pic for some reason :(

Quote from: Billy Bob on 20, April, 2010, 01:30:49 PM
the faster you go the less car noise there is..... how handy :-)
I like that ;D

Billy Bob

Thanks I will take a look, I'll also dig out a pic and upload it, I dont have one on this computer at the moment! Will give me something to do tomorrow evening!
Thanks for the help!! :-)

Daley Down Under

I found Mark Walker (tech guy at the factory) was very helpful in giving out fast road/trackday geometry settings for my old Megablade.  You just have to persevere - he can be a bit busy.  Fraction toe-in at the front and max 1.5 degrees negative camber (without an anti-roll bar) rings a bell.  That worked well with A048s and slicks. 

David H

Yep, echo that. Call Westfield mate. Mark Walker will know.