+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BROKEN GTM

Started by andygtm, 21, May, 2010, 08:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andygtm

Just as I was really enjoying myself the car goes and breaks down. The gear selector rod, well tube actually has snapped. Hopefully get it sorted by welding a sleeve over it. The gear selection has always been iffy so I hope maybe this had something to do with it. The mechanical handbrake needs sorting too. Off the road for a couple of days and not weeks I hope. 

Daley Down Under

Good luck with the repairs - I know how it feels.  That said, Marlboro car is turning over but wont start.  Something electrical but bearing in mind I've got a couple of plugs unconnected I'm not surprised.  Back on the road Monday when the new prop arrives from Chards.

Adrian

Bulldog Bri

Sorry to here you've got problems though they sound like it should be a simple fix. Hope you get it sorted soon. Good luck with it all...

8)

'The Gaffer'

All sent to try us guys :(

andygtm

Finally got the broken selector rod off. It's being repaired by a friend  tomorrow. Back on the road by the weekend hopefully to enjoy that sunshine. The wife wants to go to a wedding in it on saturday which is nice. ;)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: andygtm on 25, May, 2010, 07:23:09 PM
Finally got the broken selector rod off. It's being repaired by a friend  tomorrow. Back on the road by the weekend hopefully to enjoy that sunshine. The wife wants to go to a wedding in it on saturday which is nice. ;)

See, could have been a lot worse, see you again soon :)

andygtm

Nice to be back on the road again. Gear selection better but still iffy. Suppose I need to drive it more often to master it. ;D