+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Haynes Roadster

Started by MrFozzieBear, 21, May, 2009, 08:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFozzieBear

I've done somthing stupid and forgot to get my haynes roadster manual off a freind before they went on holiday and now my plan of building the bulk of the chassis over the weekend has hit a brick wall.
Im wondering if anyone has the book if they could scan and email me if  the  first stages of the chassis build if i u2u my email.
I know your not ment to copy them really but i want to try my hardest not to buy a second book, and i don't think halfords will accept that that oily hand prints where on it when i bought it. ;D

Thanks.

Richard

Sorry not got one.
I had a quick look as sometimes on Amazon you can browse the first few pages of books on screen, no luck this time.

If it is in the local library you might be able to photocopy the relevant pages.

Bulldog Bri

Hi

Yep my mate still has the book... I have the Green cover type Build a sportscar for £250 then he got the Haynes roadster book as well. I will pop over later and pick it up. send me your email through Privte message and I'll get it back to you

8)

'The Gaffer'

Yeah, I had a quick look for downloads, but it looks like Brian has come to the rescue anyway.

What a hero!!   :)

MrFozzieBear

Quote from: bulldog bri on 21, May, 2009, 08:54:45 PM
Hi

Yep my mate still has the book... I have the Green cover type Build a sportscar for £250 then he got the Haynes roadster book as well. I will pop over later and pick it up. send me your email through Privte message and I'll get it back to you

8)

Email sent, Thanks.

'The Gaffer'

The forums first success story  ;D.

Nice one guys!!

Bulldog Bri

Wow. scanners just cooling down now, Lol. I've scanned of the whole of the chapter on the chassis for you and it's on it's way.

If you need any more let me know.

Cheers for now

8)

MrFozzieBear

They've just started to come through thanks Brian.

Bulldog Bri

Hey Fozzie. how'd you get on today. hope you got all the plans through and you've made a start on your chassis. Good luck with it all mate.
8)

Richard

Not found one for this manual, however there are some "Bentley" download versions available if you hunt around for other Haynes type manuals, be warned they are very big files if you have some MB download limits.

MrFozzieBear

Hey, Yes i've started the chassis, i didn't manage to start it friday in the end few things came up, however started yesterday and hopefully by the end of tomorrow i should have the basic chassis minuse part of the back because im going to get some pieces lasercut all tacked up, couldn't have done it without the scans, Thanks again,
I'll try and get some pics i haven't taken any yet because im getting to wrapped up in the build.
Its taken a little longer than i would have hoped because some of my pre-cut tubes for the front frame where wrong so i've had to make it by hand and i wanted to get it perfect. :D

Bulldog Bri

I've a good pipe bender still in my garage if you need to borrow it for the tubes around the back of the chassis. Just give me a shout.
8)

MrFozzieBear

Quote from: bulldog bri on 24, May, 2009, 11:41:28 PM
I've a good pipe bender still in my garage if you need to borrow it for the tubes around the back of the chassis. Just give me a shout.
8)

Thanks for the offer brian, However i've given the tubes to a mate at work who's kindly bending them for me, He's just trying to start up in making components for kitcars, Show cars, etc.

Bulldog Bri

Good luck to your mate in making parts for cars, good and handy for you to.  ;)
8)

MrFozzieBear

Its fantastic some of the things he makes excellent quality, hes just started out making fuel tanks for haynes and locosts. superb welding and finish, hes doe's header tanks etc, i've mentioned this website to him so he'll be signing up soon, hes nearing completion of his build.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: MrFozzieBear on 24, May, 2009, 11:58:52 PM
Its fantastic some of the things he makes excellent quality, hes just started out making fuel tanks for haynes and locosts. superb welding and finish, hes doe's header tanks etc, i've mentioned this website to him so he'll be signing up soon, hes nearing completion of his build.

I'd be happy to put up a link for his business  :)

MrFozzieBear

That'll be good, i'll mention it to him, its still early days at the moment so he hasn't got a website just yet but he said he'll be joining soon though.
I'll post a link to the haynes site if i can find it where someone was talking about one of his tanks with pics.

MrFozzieBear

'The Gaffer'

He's quite welcome to advertise his services here regardless  :)

YellaBelly

Bri, I have sent you a message re: pipe bender.

JB

Bulldog Bri

Yeah I'll bring it along... It's a beastie  ;D

8)