News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Can U Help R.E. Custom Made Exhaust/Manifolds

Started by Mr Phaeton, 22, June, 2010, 12:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Phaeton

Hello again....

Whilst my project trugess slowly on and I can only dream of driving it, It has almost ground to a holt.... The exhaust system.... Need to build a complete system, from cylinder head to tailpipe.  My experience/skills with an MIG are rather limited, and in order to build a neat looking side exiting exhaust system, I have come to the conclusion i'd do better to get someone to build it for me. Whilst i have done many a search on the internet, I am still none the wiser of who could do this for me.  Could anybody recommend anybody/company to me?  Your thoughts and comments would be much appriciated. 

Cheers

Matt.

Mark G

I had mine made by MK Engineering.  The exhaust is a fantastic bit of kit.  Although it is for an MK Indyblade, which they know the dimensions of so is easy for them.

Don't know if you supply dimensions to them weather they may be able to do something for you.  Alternatively, have you tried longlife exhausts. They make up an system to fit the car.  You would need to take it to them though.

'Mendip Wurzel'

The Robin Hood or Great Bristish Sporting Cars have there own exhaust bending and manufacturing setup and they will make exhaust pipes for just about anything.... a bit of a long way to drive though.

David H

Simpsons exhausts. They are reputed as being among the best. They will custom make to your car. They are expensive but quality and look the nuts. Failing that try Longlife up past Thornbury. Cheaper but still good.

Mr Phaeton

Thanks for all your comments, i'll give them a call and go from there.

gingerpaul

Quote from: David H on 22, June, 2010, 10:52:22 PM
Simpsons exhausts. They are reputed as being among the best. They will custom make to your car. They are expensive but quality and look the nuts.

If you want the best quality then this. They're expensive but their quality is first class. This is one half of my custom system from them. They look even better when they are clean, which is not very often.

I was quite lucky that I ordered a load (~10) from them for people on the owners club website as there were a lot of people building V8s at the time so we got quite a discount.

Each primary is fitted individually and then goes into the 4 into 1 joint just before the silencer. There is a lambda boss on both sides. The silencers are repackable. I could tell you more but I don't want to bore you to death. If you want more information just ask!

gingerpaul

Just found a couple of them when they were unused from when I was cutting holes in the side panels.