News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Crossflow Oil Pressures & Gauge Calibration

Started by Grin-a-lot, 03, August, 2010, 11:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grin-a-lot

Next question!

On start my oil pressure rises quickly to approx 4 bar and when warm drops to 1.5-2 bar.  However i've got no idea whether the oil pressure gauge is correctly calibrated.

So firstly, do these pressures sound about right?  The pressure rises with the revs so I am happy that the pump is responding correctly just want to make sure it is supplying the right pressure.

Secondly, is worth getting the calibration of the gauges checked (oil, revs and speedo)?  According to the build docs there is a high pressure oil pump fitted so part of me wonders whether theses pressures should be a bit higher - but then i've got no idea if the gauge reads true or not.  I've also noticed that the speedo reads 10mph low and it made me wonder whether the others are right or not.

Anyone got any ideas on where I can get gauges calibrated?

Cheers!

Ace Fettler

Speedy cables (www.speedycables.com) can calibrate gauges and offer an excellent service. I am not a crossflow expert but those figures would seem to be ok. You dont say if the oil pressure gauge is of the electric or capilliary tube type.   Electric ones need the correct sender to read correctly and it is not unknown for senders  (particularly VDO ones) to suffer from vibration and start reading low. The one in my blade motor needs chaning every couple of years or so  :(

Hope this helps