Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Did anyone go out for a weekend run.

Started by Dixie, 21, November, 2011, 11:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixie

Did anyone venture out this weekend?

I was too busy putting new wish bones on my wife's Ford KA, and then decorating on Sunday.

M

'The Gaffer'

I didn't manage to get out. Seems like theres always something to do at the moment other than to drive cars :(

robp

Yes, all the way to Lincolnshire and back.  Westfield didn't miss a beat but needs a good clean and a once over.

Hairy Santa

what a silly question

anyone would think this was a kit car club  :D

good for you Rob

stupott901

Yes me and Tony (Paintman) meet up breakfast on saturday, went to Crockerton near Longleat but the Cafe was closed so ended up back in Trowbridge instead was nice to get the Cobra out for a nice run after a few weeks not taking out

YellaBelly

Krazyken

I did a track day at Keevil with Dave Bence on the Saturday and then bought an MGF on the Sunday.  Both days with the top down all day, Brilliant! :D

stevel

Had a nice run down from Gloucester to Chepstow then over the old bridge and back up through Alveston and up A38 home.  Very quiet on the roads and a couple of hours of fresh air.  I must manage to get down to more club nights next year!! 

Grin-a-lot

Not me, still arguing/debating with the wife the need to put the carbs in the dishwasher..!

paintman

Quote from: stupott901 on 21, November, 2011, 07:31:54 PM
Yes me and Tony (Paintman) meet up breakfast on saturday, went to Crockerton near Longleat but the Cafe was closed so ended up back in Trowbridge instead was nice to get the Cobra out for a nice run after a few weeks not taking out

Really enjoyed the run out....came home the long way....must have clocked up around 40 miles in the end.....great weather! ;) ;)

'Mendip Wurzel'

I went to the Bath Arms, Cheddar with wife & dog for breakfast as I thought the food was quite good when we last visited as a club. Nice runout... 

Quarrycars

Went up to Golden Valley for lunch, only about 60 mile RT but a 3600ft climb.  First time out of the Mohave vally with the Furore, cruised happily at 70, ambient temperature only about 18 deg though, be happy if it will do it when it gets up to 40C.

'The Gaffer'

paintman

Bet the cars in front get a shock when they see you in their rear mirror!!......anyone taken you on yet?  (not that i approve of street racing you understand) ;)

Tony

Quarrycars

Quote from: paintman on 26, November, 2011, 04:39:01 PM
Bet the cars in front get a shock when they see you in their rear mirror!!......anyone taken you on yet?  (not that i approve of street racing you understand) ;)

Tony
People keep slowing down so they can see what it is when you pass them, bit annoying sometimes!  Had a couple of boy racers try it on at the lights, didn't fall for the bait, realised you have to be real law abiding with something this conspicuous :(

paintman

I know what you mean but that takes a lot of self control ::)......I think i would be tempted to leave them for dead!! :P

fullpint

Went out on Saturday and also Sunday. On Sunday I took my brother out in the Mk Indy for his first blast... I reckon he may well buy one now  ;D He did send me a text at 9pm saying that his ears are still ringing  :D. Tis a little loud my Mk Indy, like 115db  :o
Fingers crossed it will be dry this weekend!!!!

paintman

Your go deaf.......I said your go deaf!!