AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BKCC Corner Weight & Geometry Clinic + BBQ Sat 19th May 2012 -£20 2 PLACE'S LEFT

Started by Krazyken, 14, January, 2012, 06:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Camber Dave

our workshop is on Lordswood Farm 
2 miles South of Sherston - 5 Miles north M4 J 17 - Wilts
Postcode for Google Maps and Satnavs is SN16 0JZ
I'lle post a Map in April with the other Info

Dave

robp

Cob68

Hi, can you put me down as reserve, will teach me not to check the web site more often, the one year I am not away.

Sumov8

Phil

What kind of time scales do you think this will be over i.e 14:00 - 18:00?

Just been told its my daughters 18th birthday on the saturday and i have dropped a *ollo** as I am also expected to be at her party!! Doh! Doh! Doh!!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Sumov8 on 01, April, 2012, 07:21:18 PM
Phil

What kind of time scales do you think this will be over i.e 14:00 - 18:00?

Just been told its my daughters 18th birthday on the saturday and i have dropped a *ollo** as I am also expected to be at her party!! Doh! Doh! Doh!!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Ooooopps, I'm sure Dave can get you on the scales at a time to suit, drop him a PM :)

Psymon

Hopefully car will be done can i be put on the reserve list please.

i also need to check dates as i am off to the spanish Gp around that time.

Cheers Si.

chrislandy

Hiya,
I'm going to have to bail on this, I found a fuel leak at the weekend and I'm not going to get a chance to fix it before the event :(
Chris.

'The Gaffer'

robp

Dixie

Is this first come first served on the day?

Or do we go by list position.  I dont want to turn up and have 15 people in front of me as I have stuff to do in the afternoon.

If no one has cancelled, I will give my place to Tony Searle (Cob68) next on the reserve list.

Mark

Cob68

Hi I still want to go so if  we can not have more than 15 I'll take Mark's place and pay him. Cheers Tony

dikkie

Unfortunately I have been unable to get my car going this weekend so it looks like I'm going to have to pull out too...

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dixie on 14, May, 2012, 10:37:45 PM
Is this first come first served on the day?

Or do we go by list position.  I dont want to turn up and have 15 people in front of me as I have stuff to do in the afternoon.

If no one has cancelled, I will give my place to Tony Searle (Cob68) next on the reserve list.

Mark

Mark, its up to you, if you want to be one of the first on the scales I'm sure will be accommodated.

As dikkie has cancelled today, I will give Tony his place and you will still be able to come.

Tony, you will have to liase with dikkie via PM to pay him via paypal or whatever you decide between you.

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 23, April, 2012, 09:34:12 PM
Robp do you want Chris's place?

Quote from: robp on 24, April, 2012, 03:04:44 PM
Yes please.

Rob, you have been added, perhaps you could PM chrislandy and Paypal him £20.88. TD have already been paid so this would be the easiest way of sorting this. Cheers.

EVENT WAS SOLD OUT - BUT NOW 2 SPACE'S NOW LEFT  But, get your name down quick if you want a place or be a reserve.

1.   Ed P (PAID Paypal)
2.   Dave Bence (PAID Paypal)
3.   Hairy Santa (PAID Paypal)
4.   Brian Youster (ACKCC) (PAID Paypal)
5.   The Gaffer (PAID)
6.   chrislandy (PAID Paypal) robp added from reserves
7.   basher! (ACKCC) (PAID PAYPAL)
8.   Dikkie (PAID Paypal) Cob68 added from reserves
9.   Sumov8 (PAID Paypal)
10. Dixie (PAID Paypal)
11. Yzfmini (PAID Paypal)
12. stevel (PAID Paypal)
13. Alistair (PAID Paypal)
14. Now free
15. Now free

BBQ Only
1.  Moleman - BBQ (PAID Paypal)
2.  TimC - BBQ (PAID Paypal)

Reserves
16. robp
17. Cob68
18. Psymon
19. ?
20. ?
21  ?

Room for 3 more reserves and 2 guaranteed spaces.

Brian

Looking forward to seeing you all, what time does it start?

Brian

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Brian on 15, May, 2012, 02:00:06 PM
Looking forward to seeing you all, what time does it start?

Brian

Brian et al. I have had confirmation that Dave at TD would like the first car on the scales at 9am so those that would like to leave early should aim to get there for 08.30.

A staggered arrival throughout the day will be fine, although the BBQ I would imagine will be fired up towards lunchtime.

The workshop is on Lordswood Farm 
2 miles South of Sherston - 5 Miles north M4 J 17 - Wilts
Postcode for Google Maps and Satnavs is SN16 0JZ

See you all there.

Sumov8

Phil

I would like an early finish as its my daughters 18th Birthday on saturday as well so will aime to be there for 08:30

See you through the day

Steve

Dixie

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Sumov8 on 15, May, 2012, 09:58:12 PM
Phil

I would like an early finish as its my daughters 18th Birthday on saturday as well so will aime to be there for 08:30

See you through the day

Steve

Steve, if you like, just drop Dave at TD a PM and get a early place on the scales, shouldn't be a problem.

Quote from: Dixie on 15, May, 2012, 10:50:55 PM

Just seen the weather forecast, doesn't look good. :(

Ain't over till the fat lady sings Mark, look at the forecast the day before, not 5 days before ;)

YellaBelly

Love to get mine there before the test but I'd need to trailer it :( Just borrowed tony's trailer, again :), for the DVLA inspection and hoping to use it again for the test assuming Bri's doesn't clash.

Shame really, it's only 6 miles from me :(

stantman

If there is still a spare space I can make saturday.

Cheers

Stantman

Camber Dave

Hi Guys
I've been a bit preoccupied with Stoneleigh so I overlooked the posting about the open day.

Phil has posted the Postcode/Address above. Please enter via the Yard entrance marked by the concrete mushrooms rather than the Farm house gate under the tree.
As in previous years there will be horses in the paddocks by the drive so keep the speed and noise to modest levels.

I will put up my show displays up for a bit of background info but feel free to ask about us suspension and chassis design. 
It's your day so take the opportunity to learn about your cars.

Ben and Helen are unavailable to run the BBQ but Tom is on hand to start the cooking but jump in to help and keep things running smoothly.

Check on the site or come along as a guest and you may well get a place as there were 2 spaces on Wed evening!
Any other queries post here, PM or ring 079778 948883

Dave

basher!

Sadly, I will have to drop out too as I've just moved house and there just aren't enough hours in the day at the moment.
Apologies for the short notice and hope someone else makes use of this chance.
Ashley :'(

Dixie

I am away in Leek this week, and didn't want to have to wait about all day, so not 100% sure what i am doing.  50/50 chance I will be able to make it.

Got the Piston heads do "Caring for kids" on Sunday as well.

So what with being away during the week and at a weekend, I will loose any brownie points I have gained. :D

Plus my iPod weather app shows Saturday as a washout, but that is in Shepton Mallet and we do have our own little ecosystem.

Mark

Lucky Ed

Due to pressures of work I really need to leave by about 11 30, so if nobody minds it would be great to be near the front of the queue.
I'm planning to get there at about 8 45 with Dave Bence - hope this is ok

Cheers
Ed :D

nigel

Hello ,

I would like to take one of the places that are left .Is it a case of turning up and paying ?

Regards

Dixie

Hi Nigel

Do you want my place?  I have already paid, but you can send me the money some how.  Gaffer is this ok with you???

M

nigel

Quote from: Dixie on 17, May, 2012, 09:27:53 PM
Hi Nigel

Do you want my place?  I have already paid, but you can send me the money some how.  Gaffer is this ok with you???

M
Hi Dixie '

Yes please that would be much appreciated ,If i get  your address i could send you a cheque or give the cash to the Gaffer ,which ever you prefer ?

Cheers
Nigel

Cob68

Hi Nigel, I am meeting Mark on Sunday so no problem for me to pass on. Cheers Tony

Dixie

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Ed P on 17, May, 2012, 07:31:03 PM
Due to pressures of work I really need to leave by about 11 30, so if nobody minds it would be great to be near the front of the queue.
I'm planning to get there at about 8 45 with Dave Bence - hope this is ok

Cheers
Ed :D

Ed, just ask Dave at TD, I'm sure he will help you out.

Quote from: Dixie on 17, May, 2012, 09:27:53 PM
Hi Nigel

M

Thats fine Mark, get cheque from Nigel.

probablyleon

Can I come along as a spectator? If my car was ready I would have jumped at the chance but this is sadly not the case. That said, I think I might learn a fair amount just by being there. I'm happy to contribute to the food (or not eat)

Camber Dave

Morning Guys

Just a reminder / introduction for new attendee's.

Each  car will be driven/pushed on to  the elevated set up patch and will be weighed and cornerweighted and the Camber and Tracking recorded. On one or two cars with adjustable castor that will also be recorded.
I will then recommend which and by how much any of the settings need to be changed.

Then with help from the group you carry out adjustments which I check and fine tune on the patch in the afternoon.

Each car takes 15 to 20 mins - more if the wheelbase is different than the previous candidate.
So for 13 cars this could be over 4 Hours - with the rechecks to follow.....
So we break up the day with the BBQ

This is a club activity so you help each other with the adjustments to all learn a bit more about the cars.
Also if you arrange cars into say 3 groups of similar wheelbase the day will move faster as it can take 5 mins to alter the set up patch (12 x 5 mins = a whole hour of waiting around.)

Bottom line - Setup your own car and get a burger for at least a £150 discount on the full price

Dave

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: probablyleon on 18, May, 2012, 06:39:43 AM
Can I come along as a spectator? If my car was ready I would have jumped at the chance but this is sadly not the case. That said, I think I might learn a fair amount just by being there. I'm happy to contribute to the food (or not eat)

Not a problem at all, see you there. There are already the max of 15 people booked for the BBQ so I would bring sandwiches just to be on the safe side.

EVENT WAS SOLD OUT - BUT NOW 2 SPACE'S NOW LEFT  But, get your name down quick if you want a place or be a reserve.

1.   Ed P (PAID Paypal)
2.   Dave Bence (PAID Paypal)
3.   Hairy Santa (PAID Paypal)
4.   Brian Youster (ACKCC) (PAID Paypal)
5.   The Gaffer (PAID)
6.   chrislandy (PAID Paypal) robp added from reserves - Rob to arrange payment with Chris.
7.   basher! (ACKCC) (PAID PAYPAL) Stantman taking Bashers place - To arrange payment between them.
8.   Dikkie (PAID Paypal) Cob68 added from reserves
9.   Sumov8 (PAID Paypal)
10. Dixie (PAID Paypal) Nigel paying Dixie.
11. Yzfmini (PAID Paypal)
12. stevel (PAID Paypal)
13. Alistair (PAID Paypal)
14. Now free
15. Now free

BBQ Only
1.  Moleman - BBQ (PAID Paypal)
2.  TimC - BBQ (PAID Paypal)

Reserves
16. robp
17. Cob68
18. Psymon
19. ?
20. ?
21  ?

Room for 3 more reserves and 2 guaranteed spaces.

Dixie

Sorry Dave I wasn't aware it was so quick.

Wrongly I had visions of hanging about all day with my thumb up my a**.

Mark

Hairy Santa

all in all it has been a good day, the weather held, dave was in great form, brill barby, good company  - ye a good day

thanks Dave - for putting up with us 

dave_bence

Yep, another very interesting and enjoyable day at Track Developments ;D

Thanks to Dave and Tom for all their hard work and to those who helped with the cooking - very nice food 8)

Good to see some new faces too!

I've put a few photos from the day at the bottom of this gallery:

http://www.davebence.co.uk/photo_galleries/other_events/index.html

Brian

Thanks Dave and all of you at BKCC for inviting us Apple County people. It was good to meet you all again, a very good day.

The photos are good a rare one caught me working on the Westy!  :D

Brian

chrislandy

Gutted I had to miss the day, that Dakar looks a beast and looks like there was some really interesting motors there.... :(

Cob68

stevel

Brilliant day, really enjoyed it for many reasons, great to see a good turn out and look forward to seeing you all again.  Learnt a lot more this year and good to see so many people really getting great value out of this event.  Top marks to Dave and Tom for all the help and advice.