AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

8th Sept, Last action Day at Castle Combe, All welcome!

Started by fullpint, 04, August, 2012, 08:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

Again the wife's car club has a few spare tickets for this event. You can also buy track time. Will post more details later..

Entre tickits are just £5 per car plus £5 for each additional person. Payment to be made via paypal to the Boss. Just drop me a pm and I will pass on her details. Don't forget your postal address so we can send them out to you.
Should be a great day.
NOTE; IF YOU WANT TRACK TIME THIS MUST BE BOOKED AND PAID FOR BY THE 12th Aug...

robp

fullpint

YellaBelly

Looks like this could be my first event in the Locost :D

fullpint

Quote from: YellaBelly on 06, August, 2012, 05:39:56 PM
Looks like this could be my first event in the Locost :D
You can just turn up on the day but you will have to park in the public car park. To park in the paddock area you will need tickets (less than half price) so drop me a PM ASAP. If track time is needed this must be paid in full by the 12th Aug or you can risk booking on the day but the prices go up!!

YellaBelly

Wouldn't do parking in the public car park! I need to see if the missus has anything planned and I'll let you know.
JB

fullpint

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/events/action_display_event.asp?BookingEventID=288
More info here if needed. Note; Track time is £35 on the day but we can get it for £28 if paid for by the 12th Aug...

fullpint

POP YOUR NAME DOWN HERE IS YOU ARE COMIMG ALONG AND NEED TICKETS;
Fullpint (Steve)

Moleman

Fullpint (Steve)
Moleman (colin)

fullpint

Fullpint (Steve)+ a few paid
Moleman (colin) + 1 paid

fullpint

Only 6 entre tickets left and for just £5 each.. Unless you want to pay £12 on the day and end up parking out-side the paddock area.
Be quick or be out of pocket  :D

Grin-a-lot

I'll take 2 adult tickets please.

What does the track session involve (apart from driving round in a circle)? Do you know how long/how many laps etc?

YellaBelly

fullpint

YellaBelly

fullpint

Quote from: YellaBelly on 20, August, 2012, 08:48:47 AM
Money sent chap :)

JB
Cheers JB, I will get the wife to post em out asap.... If you are bringing the kit car I can see the windscreen  ;D
Lets hope the weather is on our side..
Grin-alot; Ref track time. Its 15min sessions throught out the day. Can't book time thru the wifes club now since its after the deadline but if they have space you may be able to book on the day unless you contact Marie at Castle Combe before hand. Think its £35 on the day. Helmet needed and legs and arms must be covered. Car must pass sound check too... So that's me out  :o
Steve

Grin-a-lot

Thanks for the info, PayPal din-dobs will wing their way to you when I get home from work!

Moleman

Is there a certain area we are allocated to park or is it a case of go in convoy then we can park in a row?
I'm easy on what ever is best for everyone.  :)

fullpint

Her club area is usually area 'Y' which is that nice grassed area just behind the Travern..

fullpint

POP YOUR NAME DOWN HERE IF YOU ARE COMIMG ALONG AND NEED TICKETS;
Fullpint (Steve)
Moleman (colin) paid
Yellowbelly +1 paid
Grin-alot +1 paid

2 tickets left at £5 each... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*.
Just to re-cap that these tickets let you park in the paddock area. Wife's club stand (well large bit of grass area) is located just behind the Tavern marked up as Cento-rebels Are 'Y'
On the day tickets are £12

Grin-a-lot

Great stuff! I don think that me and Moleman live too far apart so we could link up (Willy Wicket?) and convoy (if you want to that is)! Could always catch up with Yellabelly nearer to Castle Combe as well so we can all arrive/park together.

Full pint - you getting there early for organising things and the like or would you want to meet up as well?

YellaBelly

I'm game for meeting up somewhere chap. It's not exactly a long run out for me so any excuse I say ;)

If you let me know which way you will be coming in and I can have a look where is a good place to meet up.

John

fullpint

I will have to leave with the wife. We usually meet at Morrisons carpark in Chippenham around 745/800 and then head for Combe around 830ish..
When you get to Combe head for the entrance for the CLUBS. Show them your pass(s) and make your way to area Y which is by the Tavern. Here's a photo showing the area we have

Grin-a-lot

Quote from: YellaBelly on 21, August, 2012, 10:12:36 PM
I'm game for meeting up somewhere chap. It's not exactly a long run out for me so any excuse I say ;)

If you let me know which way you will be coming in and I can have a look where is a good place to meet up.

John

Well I'm sure Moleman is north Bristol so I reckon we'll be coming via Tormarden near J18 M4 if that's any good?

Moleman

Hi. Yes you are right I'm north bristol & can meet you at the Willy Wicket at anytime thats good for you guys?
Then we can head up the westerleigh rd, then striaght along the Acton Turville rd / Tormartan rd.
There is a little layby just as you cross the A46 from the westerleigh rd on the acton turville rd if thats any good to meet up with yellow belly?
or another 100 yards or so in the compass inn carpark though it is a b&b & not sure if our noisy cars would be welcome early in the morning?

YellaBelly

Yep, know the Compass Inn, I pass it everytime I go on to the M4 @ J18, and several times to the DVLA and VOSA :)

If you guys are coming along the Westerleigh Rd, we could meet up at the Wishing Well pub near Codrington (just before from your direction), it has a good sized car park I think (may be a good meet place one time?) and that would give me a better run too :D

If your OK with that let me know what sort of time.

John

Grin-a-lot

Wishing well is good, I've parked me car there before without any ground clearance issues etc.

So assign we need to be at Combe 0845 ish then Willy Wicket at 0820, Wishing Well 0830 and onwards from there.

I haven't found an actual start time so guessing it kicks off at 9am.

Meant to say, tickets have arrived so thanks Mr and Mrs Fullpint!

fullpint

9am is the first track session but being an action-day you can arrive when it suits you guy's. The 'Pints' (Fullpint and Halfpint) should be on site around 845 depending upon the traffic. Therefore feel free to arrive after that. We have one of the largest areas to park on so parking wont be an issue..

Moleman

All sounds good to me. Meet you at the willy wicket 8.20 - 8.30 then on to the wishing well.  :D

fullpint

Check out the event for those coming. Looking good and the long range forecast is good at the mo  8)
NEWS FROM THE FORGE PERFORMANCE CAR ACTION DAY – SATURDAY 8th SEPTEMBER 2012 – One Week to Go!

As Summer draws in then it is time for one of the best circuit based exhibition days of the season, the Forge Motorsport Summer Action Day at Castle Combe Circuit and, perhaps it's a question of saving one of the best until last as there is so much packed in on the day that there won't be much time to draw breath.

But, for starters with the mega enthusiastic backing of Forge Motorsport there is just so much stuff going on, cars to admire, special circuit displays and of course the chance to take your own car on the circuit.

So where to do we start?

With over 90 clubs, displaying around 1,400 performance cars, the fantastic Forge Motorsport Power Paddock with displays from top tuning companies including Scorpion Exhaust, Powerflex, Revo, Pipercross, Eibac, Bilstein, Lichfield and Cobra Seats.

Time Attack Display, Drifting Display including Mat Carter of the Team Falken Drifters. 

Meet British Touring Car drivers, including Rob Austin and see Matt Neals winning factory Honda Civic.   

Fast Passenger Laps with FCM Motorsport offering fast cars to take you around the track with all money raised going to the Wallace & Gromit's Grand Appeal, Bristol's Children's Hospital Charity.

Hot Rod Display in the Paddock and on the circuit – subject to weather conditions.

Meet the team from Unity Media Magazines, including Performance BMW, BMW Car, Retro Cars, GT Porsche, Retro Ford, Banzai, Performance Ford and Performance VW.

The Forge Performance Power Paddock - almost a day out in itself.

But we are bringing you so much more.  Amongst the 90 clubs attending possibly Vauxhall have the strongest presence from a variety of clubs displaying some 150 cars, perhaps indicating the many drivers who missed Total Vauxhall Live.  Briskoda are promising 60 cars and extreme BHP 45 making them individually the largest displays but with an A – Z list including displays from just about every performance car manufacturer and model the paddock and display areas will be bulging.

Visit the Action Day and Win a Season's Racing

Amongst the other trade stands which include ACW Motorsport Plastic, Pro Garage and Walker Tools is a welcome to Racermaker, a new scheme that could win you the chance to race a BMW in the Kumho BMW Championship.  Drop by to see them and they will explain how it all works.  Look out too for DMS Simulations who have one of the most sophisticated race simulators available to test.  £7 will buy you a qualifying session with the fastest on the day winning a passenger ride in a Ferrari 360 race car (please note that the ride in the Ferrari will not be provided during the Action Day).

Drive your Car on the Track

The popularity of Castle Combe Action Days for many is the chance to take your car on the circuit for some of the best value track time in the country and it's a relatively straight forward process.

Your car needs to be to MOT standards and it will be strictly sound checked to comply with local regulations.  Otherwise, you buy a Track Pass to suit the time you would like to go out, subject of course to our availability.  Attend a safety briefing, hire a helmet and it is more or less as simple as that.  If you have never been on the circuit before then why not give it a try – the important thing is always to drive within your own limits.  After a few laps you will start to appreciate the racing lines and after that you will be hooked and wanting more.

You can purchase track time on the day for £35.00 or to ensure you don't miss out you can telephone the Circuit Office on 01249 782417 and book your time ready for collection on the day and just pay your £12.00 admission charge on the gate and collect your Track Pass from the Organisers Office – bit like speedy boarding!

Winning Club

A new idea this year has to be to reward one of regular visiting clubs.  Those that have applied and were accepted had there names entered into a draw and this year the winner has been the VAG Owner's Club.  So Club Secretaries just bear it in mind for next year, apply early and it could be your club enjoying £960 worth of free track time in your own exclusive session.

Spectators Welcome of course

With track sessions starting on the day at 9am and running right through to 5pm; 2 drifting displays, 2 Forge Motorsport Performance Displays including 'Time Attack' and cars from the British Touring Car championship and, separately a display from the Bristol Hot Rod Club who caused such huge interest with their cars last year.  Plus of course the chance to wander around the 1400 or so performance cars on display and the central Power Paddock packed with performance car accessory manufacturers.  There is so much to enjoy.

Admission is £12.00 for Adults with under 16's admitted free and OAP's at half price.  Track sessions are available at £35.00 on the day, subject to availability.

Passenger Rides with FCM Motorsport are available throughout the day, book in the Castle Combe Racing Club shop next to Race Control at £20.00 per ride with all money raised going to Wallace & Gromit's Grand Appeal, Bristol's Children's Hospital Charity.

For further information please log on to our website at www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk or telephone the Circuit Office on 01249 782417.

Track Days

If you want more track time then our Car Track Days are the answer.  You will get advice and assistance from some top instructors, loads of track time and a friendly organisational team to make you feel welcome.

The remaining track days are running on September 21st and October 5th and 26th.  Cost is £170.00 per day.  Contact the Circuit Office or book on line.

FROM THE CASTLE COMBE ACTION DAY TEAM

fullpint

8) 23 degrees and NO chance of any rain.
Pack lunch, blanket and a flask of coffee is on my menu. Not paying there prices for food  ;D
Should be a good day out. Can't wait to see the drifters out on track.
See you guys (and girls) at Combe on Saturday morning  :-* :-* :-* :D :D :D :D :D

YellaBelly

So the half-hood I've just made will serve nicely as a sun shade now instead of a rain shower cover :D

Grin-a-lot

It's going to be great, just need some strategic packing of the boot and my camera to hand!

YellaBelly

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 04, September, 2012, 09:07:52 PM
It's going to be great, just need some strategic packing of the boot and my camera to hand!

What's a boot???  :P

Grin-a-lot

Quote from: YellaBelly on 04, September, 2012, 10:23:55 PM
Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 04, September, 2012, 09:07:52 PM

What's a boot???  :P

It's the disproportionately big thing on the back of my car that allows me to store air rather than useful fuel so if there's a chance/reason to use it then I damn well will! :P

YellaBelly

Now that sir, is a good answer! :D

I must pop round to Brian's place to have a look at his 'boot space' he's made for the Locost.

If I can find anywhere to park that is with all those cars there ;D

Bulldog Bri

Do I detect a hint of jelousey there YB? lol

But I AM still trying to get rid of 2 of them, honest.

8)

YellaBelly

Not jealous mate, just think you've got your priorities mixed up ;) You need to get that Locost on the road, after all, there's only a handfull of us 'scratch builders' in the club so we need to get them all OTR  8)

BTW, did you text me your postcode, I can't seem to find it if you did?

JB

fullpint

2 TICKETS still up for grabs.. Wife just has a club member pull out, these can be collected on the day unless you want to pop up to my place (Rudloe) before Saturday?

Grin-a-lot

I've got a couple of non kitcar owning mates who might be interested, can they turn up in old old wreck and park elsewhere?