+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

A drive around wales.

Started by alastair, 03, July, 2013, 04:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alastair

Ok, so I was speaking with Phil the other day and he mentioned about a load of us possibly taking a trip out to wales one day and driving around some of the lovely roads and seeing some of the beautiful scenery. I mentioned that i had been to a few nice roads in south wales recently and video'd one in particular, the A4069. Its one of the roads that top gear use and i can certainly see why. Its has relativley fresh tarmac which is silky smooth and not one pot hole! Here's a link to the video.

underdog

i went up there few wks back in my mates kit cars. took some footage of them at the hairpin. 

robp

A4069.  Yes please.

Anyone know a interesting route to get there without too much motorway/dual carriageways?

Moleman

I would be up for this as soon as i'm mobile.  :)

alastair

Quote from: robp on 03, July, 2013, 08:10:18 PM
A4069.  Yes please.

Anyone know a interesting route to get there without too much motorway/dual carriageways?
Once accross the bridge you can aim towards mirthirtidvil ( thats probably spelt wrong!) And go accross  the black mountains. Thats not too bad a drive and much better than motorway route.

Grin-a-lot

I'd be interested in this too, maybe M4 to Chepstow, north to the Forest of Dean and then due West to breacons and black mountains etc. could be awesome fun!

Krazyken

I will be up for this in the MGF

'The Gaffer'

Definitely up for this, a Saturday is best for me, but lets see who's free on what days.

Roads look great in the vids.

fullpint

Just watch out for bikers. Its great for the two wheeled club..

Sprint 7

Much the same as Dartmoor but quite a bit closer to home ,so count me in providing I have fixed my brakes. Hissing sound from the servo area when sat in the car .A tad tricky trying to apply brakes (and have the bonnet off at the same time) from out side the car .Also the revs go up by about 800 rpm when I apply pressure to the pedal. Any ideas chaps. Servo pipe leaking or knackered servo maybe? :(