Linked Events

Carol

Madrid-Vila Real-Madrid
18th - 23rd May 2014
full details - entry form, regs, entry form
www.guildofmotorendurance.co.uk
Come and join us - you'd be mad not to!

Moleman

Looks like it could be fun. but abit expensive for me I'm afraid. £750 for five days not including having to get yourself & car to Madrid & back on top of that looks like it could add up.  :( 
Besides I can't get most people to go futher than Cheddar gorge.  ;D

benchmark51

I did a drive to Madrid and it was mega. Got some brilliant roads over there. I carried on to Valencia and followed the road south right down  to Gib. Then right up through the middle of Spain. Just couldn't stop! Eventually got to Amsterdam then back through The Black Forest and back to Calais. I did 4.5k miles in 6 weeks. My only breakdown was the temp sender popped! Love driving through and around Europe.

Moleman

That sounds like a good trip mate.
It would be great to spend a month going around Europe. I would love to go through Swizerland & Italy one day if I could.  :)

benchmark51

The trip before that involved buying a ex gpo J2 van at stapleton road auction for £40. That got me to the middle of Yugoslavia. I got arrested in Dubrovnik for filling the harbour up with popcorn. It was the first time I cooked it and I used the whole container in one go. Popcorn everywhere! Van broke down shortly afterward and is probably still there, as I got out and walked. Ended up in India where I had the granddaddy of all delhi bellys and got flown back to London. But now I just stick to Europe.

Carol

I agree - it is hard to get people motivated and out of their comfort zones! But I must say that once people come with us and realise they, and their cars, can do it they come back year after year. Great friendships have been forged over our 10+  years of eventing, 3 marriages and several children - we must be doing something right!
As to the price - it includes 6 nights in top rated spa hotels, several circuits - including Vila Real - trophies, road books, rally plates and souvenirs. Not bad when you compare to classic events!
Go on - take the plunge - you'll never know til you try!

Bulldog Bri

Would love to do this, but finances are just not there yet  :'( Maybe in a few years (no dogs, kids other car projects. mortgage or won the Lotto)

How do most get their cars down there for the start? Drive there and back? or transported?

8)