Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

South Gloucestershire Show 2-3 Aug 14

Started by Grin-a-lot, 22, April, 2014, 04:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Grin-a-lot

There is a large (new) show taking place in North Bristol, I looked at their website today (http://www.southglosshow.co.uk/) and they talk about a car show so I dropped them a line.  They'd be delighted for us to turn up as a club, its cheap entry to the show and could be great fun.  I've got the application forms but thought i'd raise it as an idea first.

If anyone is interested then please let me know and i'll coordinate responses etc.

1.  Grin +1

WALNUT

Yes. its on 2nd and 3rd of august Westerleigh BS37 8QZ COST £5 a day

Moleman

Nice one mate. That really ain't far for most of us to go to. I'm in Darren.  :)

1.  Grin +1
      2.  Walnut
      3.  Moleman

Grin-a-lot

It's got the makings of a good day out (if the sun is shining)!

benchmark51

Yes, I can manage that one too.

1.  Grin +1
      2.  Walnut
      3.  Moleman
      4.  Benchmark51

Iancider

I will likely be able to do it but not certain yet.

chris61

Bulldog Bri

Unfortunately we're on holiday that weekend. So will have to miss out :'(

8)

benchmark51

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 23, April, 2014, 08:00:16 AM
Unfortunately we're on holiday that weekend. So will have to miss out :'(

8)

Never mind you can have a holiday some other time.  :D

Grin-a-lot

So we have

1.  Grin +1
      2.  Walnut
      3.  Moleman
      4.  Benchmark51
      5.  IanCider?
      6.  Chris61

Grin-a-lot

I've got some of the small print now and I don't think that its much of an issue for us:

Vehicle Eligibility
This event is open to any Pre-War cars and Post War Classic cars introduced prior to 1985, plus later Sports and Grand Touring cars and other cars of special interest, including Kit Cars, Specials, Replicas, American Cars, Custom and Modified cars. This event is also open to any Pre-War and Post-War Classic motorcycles prior to 1985.

The majority of post 1985 vehicles are permitted as part of a Club or trade display, however vehicles of special interest will be considered, please contact motors@southglosshow.co.uk.  The Organiser reserves the right to refuse any entry should the vehicle be deemed unsuitable, or inappropriate for this event. All vehicles must be in a condition suitable for display and to be appropriately insured.

Access
Access is from 7.30am on Saturday 2nd August 2014 and Sunday 3rd August 2014. All cars and motorcycles must be in place by 9.30am latest, as the public are admitted from 10.00am. All vehicle exhibits must remain on display until 4.00pm when the plaques will be available.

I've got a flyer which also suggests that camping is available; I only live 2 miles away but I think there's music in the evening etc so it could turn into a bit of a session!

I'll upload the flyer when I can, the computer is not really playing fairly at the moment!

danwilko

Sounds good, only 5 min drive away as well
Will we do both days?

Sprint 7

Moleman

I'm guessing you just have to email them your car details just to register for this event?
When you guys do this please put on it that you are from Bristol Kit Car club. Just so they can put us together if it's allotted spaces.
I will ask them if they save club spaces for the day or is it just turn up in a convoy to be able to park together.

Please don't worry about having to stay there all day.It's a standard thing on most shows but in all cases they will always let you go when you want too.  :)

going so far
                1.  Grin +1
                2.  Walnut
                3.  Moleman
                4.  Benchmark51
                5.  IanCider?
                6.  Chris61
                7.  Danwilko
                8.  Sprint 7

Thanks Darren  :D

Grin-a-lot

We've got some forms that we need to fill in, I'll email them out when I get home at the weekend.

They'll give us a club space which be allocated when they know numbers so don't worry about that, I'll collect the £5 from everyone and pay by direct transfer when we've got numbers.

I'm just waiting for a response on camping for anyone that's interested.

Moleman

Iancider

Sorry, I can't go - already booked to go to Hawkstone Park (As in join my Adventure) on the Saturday, returning late Sunday.  Gosh its getting busy this year!

Grin-a-lot

Ok,

So far we've got:

1.  Grin +1
                2.  Walnut
                3.  Moleman
                4.  Benchmark51
                5.  IanCider?
                6.  Chris61
                7.  Danwilko
                8.  Sprint 7

I've asked about camping and i'll let you know what the deal is; it looks like the forms need to be done by hand so i'll PM them to anyone that wants to go and if you can post them to me I can submit them, and the money, in one go.

Anyone else tempted for £5?

fletch_306

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one as I will be at carfest with the black cats display team. Have fun though guys.

peterw

No can do on this I'm in France on a canal boat then. :D

Iancider

QuoteNo can do on this I'm in France on a canal boat then. :D

Very civilised Peter - hot sun, slomo travel, fine wines, great cheeses, amazing bread and all washed down with a fine Cognac.  And then after breakfast there's lunch!

Ahhhhhhh....I am already there 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: fletch_306 on 18, May, 2014, 06:47:44 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one as I will be at carfest with the black cats display team. Have fun though guys.
Is that the Navy Helicopter boys? :P

8)

Sprint 7

Sorry , I am now officially on my hols that week. :-[ :-[

fletch_306

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 20, May, 2014, 09:56:50 AM
Quote from: fletch_306 on 18, May, 2014, 06:47:44 PM
Is that the Navy Helicopter boys? :P

8)

Yes it is Bri

Moleman

Sorry mate. I forgot to send you the form. I will get it to you by the end of the week if it ain't too late?  ::)

Has everyone else sent Grin their form? :)

WALNUT

benchmark51

I am probably going to give this a miss. If anything changes I may just turn up on the day.
Not inclined to pay just to show my car anyway, if it rains and it is cancelled refunds are discretionary not assured.
See what I feel like on the day it's local anyway and not much of a run out. :-\

Pilgrim Anna

danwilko

Should I have received the form by now? I did reply with my address didn't i? Lots on at minute :)

Moleman

Dan. Grin-a-lot has the forms & will email you them. I can forward it on to you if you like just PM me your email address.  :)

danwilko

That's ok then, just know I was asked for my address for it but hadn't heard anything else so thought I should check

Grin-a-lot

Where did we get to with this show - did anyone send their forms back?  I've not received any at home so i'm guessing you've sent them in directly.  So, who's going?

WALNUT

Sent my form off, not heard anything back yet.

Moleman

I still have my form. I asked you last month if you are still collecting them but I guess you could reply due to your job. :)

fidodido

Im up for it need to see all these cars + 1

WALNUT

Had my pass come through I only booked for the Sat. see what its like before I decide about the Sun .

Moleman

I have my M.O.T. Saturday & i'm not sure i can make Sunday but I will try.  :)

danwilko

Got my pass now, I'm only going on Sunday though as got to work Saturday
Convoy ? Or just meet down there?

Moleman

I'm not sure if I can go at the moment mate. I don't think many are going so may be best to meet up there.  :)

fidodido

Morning all how much is it to get into the show ?