News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Tetbury Classic Car Show 2015

Started by Moleman, 02, December, 2014, 08:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Tetbury Classic Car Show is an event we have gone to a few years now which is a good venue.  8)
More details of the event will be released at a later date in the mean time you can click on the link for a view of last years event.  :)

http://www.tetburyclassiccarshow.org/

Moleman

Anyone up for this one then? If so I can book a club parking stand for us.

benchmark51

Yes, definitely. Really good show last year

Facial Hair Optional

Always wanted to go to that one Colin, so yes all being well I will come along.

Pilgrim Anna

Shame don't think we will make it to that one as got a surprise day out at Harry Potters studio on the Saturday and will be nackered! ::)

Iancider

I am aiming to do the Great Western Steam fair on the 5th and the Shelsley Walsh Breakfast on the 6th so I don't think I could manage this as well.

But don't let me dampen the enthusiasm - it is a good show.

Ian

Moleman

Gary RH7

Torn between this and Haynes now. This is closer so might opt for this. :-\

Iancider

I think it is okay to have more than one event per day - we can all share our experiences and perhaps swap over the next year.

Ian

Smithy

S'up chaps?
Back again to say I hope you'll look in on the Tetbury Show again this year. We've got 500+ cars registered and lots more space up at Sir William Romney's School. More food too, more rides, more everything!
Web site's here (you know....) http://www.tetburyclassiccarshow.org/ and the programme (or please buy one on the day!) is here: http://issuu.com/davewilprint/docs/classic_car_show_programme_lr

Show opens to the public at 11:00 but if you want to get there earlier - anytime after 9:00 really - and speak to Tim, he will give you lots of space to set up together and generally make a fuss of you. If he's not already rushed off his feet.

The only person you won't see is me! I'm off on holiday. (Memsahib's orders.) Gutted to be missing it. :-(
If you get there, would you please take more good photos?
All best, Smithy

Moleman

Thanks mate it is looking like only a few of us are coming to this one this year.  :(

benchmark51

Well thats a couple more than last year ;D

damouk

I will try and get to this one as well..

Facial Hair Optional

If there is a group blat to get there I may well come but tbh I don't fancy staying there all day.

If any of you guys do go MAKE SURE you go and watch the Woolsack races!!! I nearly entered for that one year (when I was young and super fit after I had come out of the forces) It's great to watch. Try and get a place sat up high on the stone wall near the top of the hill. Trust me you'll enjoy that!

Smithy

Quote from: Moleman on 28, August, 2015, 09:10:31 AM
Thanks mate it is looking like only a few of us are coming to this one this year.  :(
No probs Mr M! A few will be as welcome as a lot - and as usual with us if you're not having any fun there's no problems if you want to slope off, either. (I take my car to a few shows every year - I've never stayed all day at any of 'em. I'm fickle!)
Re: Woolsack Day - that's usually the last bank holiday in May so you've missed it, but it's a good wheeze.
Also on in May in Tetbury is the Wacky Races, which is the first bank holiday in May.
We're well served for daft events in Tetbury.
(And we locals all have an extra finger too of course, which is sometimes handy.)
:o
:D

Facial Hair Optional

B*mmer, missed the Woolsack races again!
Extra fingers are always handy when it comes to tinkering with cars for sure.

benchmark51

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 28, August, 2015, 08:15:57 PM
B*mmer, missed the Woolsack races again!
Extra fingers are always handy when it comes to tinkering with cars for sure.

I've been collecting extra fingers from motorist for years
;D

Iancider

QuoteI've been collecting extra fingers from motorist for years
;D

I nearly lost a couple getting a Diesel filter out of a Honda yesterday!  >:( :(

Moleman

I lost half a thumb years ago so an extra one would come in handy.  :)

Any more for this then? I will probably arrange a convoy up there next week. 8)

fullpint

Enjoyed this one... All depends upon if the wet-stuff is forecast!!!

Iancider

Long-range weather forecast for Sunday is looking pretty good.

Ian

Moleman

Looks like it's just the two of us then. Even I'm not sure when I can go now as I'm in town the night before so it willl be on a see when I'm ok to drive bases.  ::)

benchmark51

Hmm, seems like I'll be leading the convoy of one again this year!

Moleman

I am still going I just don't know what time.  :)

Gary RH7

Gary RH7

Could not make it as I had to get a set of dolly sprint wheels from Walsall. It was the only day seller was available.

Anybody go?

Moleman

Me either. Wasn't sure I was ok to drive after the night before.  :)

benchmark51

Moleman

Iancider

QuoteI went.
How was it Dave?  :)

Errr - Lonely? ;)

benchmark51

Quote from: Iancider on 08, September, 2015, 08:44:42 PM
QuoteI went.
How was it Dave?  :)

Errr - Lonely? ;)

Not at all, quite a few clubs turned up to a bright, sunny well attended show. Open beer tent, hog roast, burgers, pizza. Good selection of motorbikes, buses, yanks, kits, classics, vintage and a little steam engine giving rides. Some autojumble too. Large separate field for public parking. There was tuition on those two wheeled things you stand on and run over Usain Bolt with!

Facial Hair Optional

;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 08, September, 2015, 10:15:06 PM

There was tuition on those two wheeled things you stand on and run over Usain Bolt with!

Segways!! I'd love one of them! Could cause mayhem on the High Street

benchmark51

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 08, September, 2015, 10:37:45 PM

There was tuition on those two wheeled things you stand on and run over Usain Bolt with!

Yep, thats them

Smithy

Quote from: benchmark51 on 09, September, 2015, 08:29:33 AM
Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 08, September, 2015, 10:37:45 PM

Yep, thats them

BM - pleased you went and that you liked the show, I understand we made a good sum for charidee (over 8K which is excellent) so thanks for your support.
Ironic you liked the segways - they made a few quid the first year but this year we lost money on them 'cos the sponsor pulled out, but win some lose some!
All best,
Smithy

benchmark51

That's good. The organisers certainly earned a good result. One of the better shows and miles better than some of the 'dross' I've been to this year.

Gary RH7

Quote from: benchmark51 on 13, September, 2015, 05:01:31 PM
That's good. The organisers certainly earned a good result. One of the better shows and miles better than some of the 'dross' I've been to this year.

Dave, I missed this one due to family commitments. How did it compare with Allington Farm or South Gloucester???

Gary

benchmark51

They had their similarities, but Tetbury was a bit better as it was very organised. Good marshalling to get you in and out, well laid out in definite rows. Food was excellent (and cheaper). Straw bales were put out to provide seating near the hog roast, which was next to the beer tent. There was some autojumble and various stalls too. Felt more car focused as Allington had a constant 'Farmer Giles' theme to it. Massive parking for the general public, away from exibitors. All on a very warm sunny day too. :)

Smithy

If I may - the three shows are a bit tough to compare really.

South Glos has about 250 cars usually (including mine!) and lots of other varied stuff. (We're all about the cars and had something like 700 this year.)

The Allington one is more about the whole farming and huntin' shootin' thing too - but is more like ours for kids rides and so on. And it's contributed to hugely by Chippenham Lions; we're helped out by Tetbury Lions, so no competing's intended btw., (since, errrr, I'm the president of the Tetbury lot.)

Room for all three shows I hope - separated by a few weeks, as they are. Ours keeps getting bigger, mind you....

Uh, we have consistently better weather!

I'm bunging 680-odd photos on the web site if you fancy a look? Tell me if you're in there BM? I'll put you in this months magazine as well. ;-)

http://www.tetburyclassiccarshow.org/photos-2015.html

Gary RH7

Thanks for the summaries Dave and Smithy. Will defiantly try and get there next year. Looks cool and there were a few examples of cars I have owned in the past. Always good to reminisce.