Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Club meal at The anchor Inn in Tintern.

Started by Moleman, 07, July, 2015, 09:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Sumov8

Colin
Option 1 Plus 1    Cheers and thanks for the time and effort again!

Gary RH7

Moleman

Option 1 = Route via Chepstow, Devauden and up to Monmouth, into the the Forest of Dean via some excellent roads and then down the Wye valley road to Tintern.  It is about a two hour tour so leaving Morrissons at the Mall at about 10:00.  Total distance from the mall to Tintern via the tour is 67 miles.  On the return leg people can make their way back via the 466 to Chepstow and over the bridge or follow me for an add-on via some very pretty roads to St Briavealls castle and then to the Old Ferry Inn under the old Severn bridge this add about 12 miles to the return journey.  Morrisons post code is BS10 7UD and it sells the cheapest fuel in Bristol.

Option 2 = Anyone who is on the route can join it where they please.

Option = 3, You can make your own way there as long as you get there by 12.30pm for a meal.

Choice is yours people  8)

Any more for this? I will need to know pretty soon so please let me know which option you are doing & if your bringing a +1 for the meal booking ;D

This will be a weather dependant trip which may get changed to a different date if it is a crap day  ::) ;)

Thanks Colin.

So far we have moleman
                      Iancider +1                    option 1
                      Facial Hair optional
                      Sumov8  +1                   option 1
                      damouk
                      Sanzomat
                      Almondsburyhills
                      GaryRH7                       option 1 (maybe)

Can you guys let me know which option you are doing & if your bringing a plus 1 thanks.  :)

Any more for this then?

Facial Hair Optional

Option one for me pls Col.

Still waiting to hear about my plus 1.

mikebishop

Hi, I'd be up for it Colin if not too late.

Weather dependant as you say, s I have no roof :(

Facial Hair Optional

Plus 1 is now confirmed as a yes please Col. So that's me and Beyonce, er.... a mate coming. Angelina Jolie was apparently already spoken for by another BKCC member  :(

Moleman

Option 1 = Route via Chepstow, Devauden and up to Monmouth, into the the Forest of Dean via some excellent roads and then down the Wye valley road to Tintern.  It is about a two hour tour so leaving Morrissons at the Mall at about 10:00.  Total distance from the mall to Tintern via the tour is 67 miles.  On the return leg people can make their way back via the 466 to Chepstow and over the bridge or follow me for an add-on via some very pretty roads to St Briavealls castle and then to the Old Ferry Inn under the old Severn bridge this add about 12 miles to the return journey.  Morrisons post code is BS10 7UD and it sells the cheapest fuel in Bristol.

Option 2 = Anyone who is on the route can join it where they please.

Option = 3, You can make your own way there as long as you get there by 12.30pm for a meal.

Choice is yours people  8)

Any more for this? I will need to know pretty soon so please let me know which option you are doing & if your bringing a +1 for the meal booking ;D

This will be a weather dependant trip which may get changed to a different date if it is a crap day  ::) ;)

Thanks Colin.

So far we have moleman
                      Iancider +1                    option 1
                      Facial Hair optional +1    option 1
                      Sumov8  +1                   option 1
                      damouk
                      Sanzomat
                      Almondsburyhills
                      GaryRH7                       option 1 (maybe)

Can you guys let me know which option you are doing & if your bringing a plus 1 thanks.  :)

Any more for this then? please let me know soon as I have to book numbers for the table.

Almondsburyhills

Moleman

Any more for this then?

This will be a weather dependant event so the date could get changed it the weather is bad.

Facial Hair Optional

Current BBC1 long term forecast is a bit iffy. Fingers crossed it improves this week. What we need is some more Combe weather!!

Iancider

As I am currently car-less I will be navigating from Molemans passenger seat.

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

If the weather turns out to be sh :o te mate will this still go ahead or be cancelled? Someone mentioned to me that they may go up in an "Audi" (whatever that is!), can't recall who it was, some bloke inna skeleton car wivva busaru engine or sumfin?  ;D ;D :P :P

Moleman

This will be a dry weather event only so we may cancel it on Sunday morning if it looks dodgy.
So please check Sunday morning to check that it is still on. I will put a confirmation post up by 8.30am Sunday.

Moleman

The weather ain't looking good so nobody leave until I post if it is on at 8.30 am tomorrow

Sumov8

Weather update at 17:19 in Bradley Stoke its just started to P*ss down, will check again in the morning, just pushed the car back into the garage after polishing it, so I guess its my fault

benchmark51

Facial Hair Optional

Was over in the valleys earlier today, the weather was great until about 5pm when it did a 'Shearwater' again!  :o

Luckily we were back in the garage just in time. Some fab roads over there though isnt there. I may have to move house now!

Moleman

This event will be postponed!
Weather forecast is heavy rain all day. I will reschedule it very soon.

Moleman

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 23, August, 2015, 09:24:32 AM
This helped my decision this morning.  :(

Very wet then Colin! Bloody rain.  :(
It was lovely over there yesterday too.

Moleman

I'm thinking to reschedule this one to Sunday 13th September instead of going to Queens Square since it clashes with Bristol Half Marathon?

What do you think people?

damouk

Facial Hair Optional

Yep why not!

Maybe we might get some actual sun, that yellow stuff that used to be in the sky before it got all full of wet stuff! Like we had in 1976!!  :o

Ah yes, I remember it well  :P

Iancider

Looks good to me - not sure if I'll have a car but I will still aim to attend.

Ian

Sumov8

Sorry gents I will be in France that weekend, but I'm sure you will have sunny weekend

Moleman

That is a shame Sumov8. But lucky you.  :)

So far for 13th Sept then we have Moleman                            option 1 
                                                  Iancider                             option 1
                                                  Facial hair optional             option 1
                                                  Damouk                            option 3

The second Sunday at Queens Square is going to be postponed to 20th September instead now. I will put this up on a new thread.

Any more up for this run out? I will need names in advance to book the table & reserved parking.  :)

mikebishop

Yes the 13th sounds fine, I'll be there not sure about the plus 1 yet.

Brandy Barrel

Aha maybe it was my disappointment that I couldn't go that it rained.
But yippee I can go now, so count cam n I in.
If you want a really good drive around I could di a route, just depends on how long everyone wants it.
One of the better roads is the shire Newton road towards usk, through usk and out on the chain bridge road, then back towards raglan, off onto the monmouth road, then down the wye valley to tintern, I'll drive it and see how far it is.
You could also stop at the iron horse cafe just out of usk, a bikers/ modified car enthusiast cafe.
Yes there are some brilliant roads if they aren't too narrow, which there are a few you can get caught out on.

Moleman

So far for 13th Sept then we have Moleman                            option 1 
                                                  Iancider                             option 1
                                                  Facial hair optional             option 1
                                                  Damouk                            option 3
                                                  Mikebishop                        option 1
                                                  Brandy Barrel                    option 2

Any more up for this run out? I will need names in advance to book the table & reserved parking.  :)

You will get a few options  = 1 , Slightly earlier start for a little run along some nice roads.
                                       = 2, Anyone who is on the route can join it where they please.
                                       = 3, You can make your own way there as long as you get there by 12.30pm for a meal.

Iancider

There is a slim chance I might have a car by then,

If not I will be riding shotgun with Moleman.

Ian

Moleman

Any more up for this then?
I will need to know very soon to book the table & parking

This will get cancelled if the weather is bad.  ::)

damouk

It would seem like my +1 will be coming along to this one too if it goes ahead.. second time out in the v-storm and it will be a 30 miler

Facial Hair Optional

At the mo it's looking like me and no plus one. But I have to say, so far the weather forecast isn't looking promising (again)

There is an easy solution to thus though, we get the government and the rest of the world to agree to move the weekends to another part of the working week when it never bloody rains!!! Or we all find jobs where we work Saturday and Sunday and have two week days off in lieu, cos it only ever rains on kit car blat weekends!

Moleman

I will put a put up at 8am on the Sunday morning like last time to let you know if it is on or off.

Meeting point will be the same as before, 10am Morrisons car park at Cribbs. Lysander Rd, Bristol, South West BS10 7UD.

sanzomat

Just back from France and catching up on the last couple of days posts. I might come along for just the drive if the weather is fine but other commitments mean I'd have to zoom off without staying for the meal. I'll have to decide in the morning, not just the weather that might stop me...

Facial Hair Optional

I'm now 50/50 on this at the moment Colin. Andrew has been over and back 3 times and it's all done but I now have other stuff to do like clean and polish and get other cars ready for sale (you know what I am talking about!!)  ;)

Oh yeah, and I have 3 perms and a blow dry booked in and they have to do be done by lunchtime and people are queueing around the block for your famous back, sack and crack!! You've started a craze mate!!  ;D ;D ;D :P :P :P

Moleman

No probs guys thanks for keeping me posted.

Good luck FHO

damouk

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 11, September, 2015, 07:15:17 PM
I'm now 50/50 on this at the moment Colin. Andrew has been over and back 3 times and it's all done but I now have other stuff to do like clean and polish and get other cars ready for sale (you know what I am talking about!!)  ;)

Oh yeah, and I have 3 perms and a blow dry booked in and they have to do be done by lunchtime and people are queueing around the block for your famous back, sack and crack!! You've started a craze mate!!  ;D ;D ;D :P :P :P

So which cars are going to make way for that 1.0?

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: damouk on 11, September, 2015, 07:20:32 PM
Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 11, September, 2015, 07:15:17 PM

So which cars are going to make way for that 1.0?
Took me a while to figure out what you meant Damo! Which 1.0 are you talking about here then? Has someone been whispering in your ear?  ;D

damouk

A little something red maybe? Just being observant that's all  :o