Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Classic Vehicle restoration show- CKC invitation

Started by Iancider, 26, August, 2015, 06:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Iancider

Hi all,

We have an invitation from Complete Kit Magazine to exhibit INDOORS at the Footman James Classic Vehicle and restoration show on the 7th and 8th of November.  We need a very quick response here to grab our places.  Read about it below.

http://www.bathandwest.com/footman-james-classic-vehicle-restoration/3/cGFjaWQ9NjUwNzkmZWlkPTIxNw==

Please indicate if you would like to display and indicate if you would like to display on one or both days.  Being indoors I will guess you will be making the commitment to be there well before opening and will only be able to leave at the end.  I think the number of places will be negotiable and there should be plenty.  I need an approximate scale by the weekend please and e can firm-up and expand somewhat from there.  Following the great success we had at Castle Combe, Ian Stent is looking for our support again.

Go for it guys!

Ian

Moleman

Dixie

Iancider

Typo!

The show is the 7th and 8th of November so two opportunities!

Ian

Moleman

paintman

Moleman

OK we will need 6-8 cars for our BKCC stand inside the show.  8)

Good news is that anyone who commits to showing in your car in the hall it will be free. (the good thing is you will have somewhere warm & dry to stay if the weather is crap)

Bad news is you will have to be there by 9am & stay until it finishes until 4pm.

Complete kit car magazine are hoping to give free tea & coffee to all club exhibitors inside the hall but this is not a definite  as yet.

You can of course still show up on the day & show your car in the outside exhibitors parking but you will still have to pay full price.

We will also be allowed to bring the Go inspire car & promote the charity if we wish.  ;D

So please let me know if you would like to show your car in the hall & which day you can do?
If you can do both then we might have to allocate one of the days if we get too many wanting the same day.
It will be on the first come first serve basis so get your name down quick.  ;)

So Moleman  = Can do both days
Any one else?

Facial Hair Optional

I would consider doing this Ian but it's a bit too far away for me to commit just yet as I have changes in the offing that may effect whether I can get a car there or not.

Will you guys be driving your veeeehicles there or trailering them do you think?

Moleman

benchmark51

I might, but don't want to be 'locked in' for 7 hours.

damouk

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 27, August, 2015, 10:56:11 PM
I would consider doing this Ian but it's a bit too far away for me to commit just yet as I have changes in the offing that may effect whether I can get a car there or not.

That doesn't sound good mate

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: damouk on 28, August, 2015, 10:34:55 AM
Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 27, August, 2015, 10:56:11 PM

That doesn't sound good mate

No all is ok mate, it's just that I have so much going on atm that it's hard for me to predict this far out whether I would be able to make it or not and I don't want to say yes and then let people down that's all.

I have to concur with Dave though, I don't fancy being locked in for 7 hours though my mate who came to Combe as my passenger reckons there is loads to do and it's a great day out. I always struggle to sit still in one place for long, I'd rather be out in my car or tinkering with it tbh  :)

If there's an autojumble maybe I can find some 'go-faster' bits to buy or trade stands that may one day come in handy, that'd be an extra incentive to go I must admit.

damouk

Ahh ok, I have just re read your original post and I had the wrong end of the stick so it were.

I agree, although there is loads to do there from the last time I went.

I Had a thought it could be an ideal opportunity to do some work on the car, rather than it just being a static display. Or even as there will be a good few club members some work on the GoInspire project car.

Iancider

Okay, we have a theme there:
QuoteI always struggle to sit still in one place for long, I'd rather be out in my car or tinkering with it tbh

In the morning we have a big debate about upgrades for FHO's car and in the afternoon we rebuilt it and put on a great animated show.  Two advantages (a) he gets an improved car and it was worthwhile going (b) he can't escape until it is done!

Deal?

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If I end up with a car that can match the VFC boys (Very Fast Crew for those not 'up' on the Castle Combe day out!) then I'll be happy with that Ian!

Moleman

OK so is there anyone interested in doing the inside stand for the day & if so which day?

Iancider

I could be up for both if we could make it a fund-raiser for Go! Inspire.

Ian

Dixie

Moleman

So far for the inside club stand we have 2 for Saturday & 3 for Sunday. 2 being me & Ian for both days.  :(

This is not looking good people. Come on there must be more for this?  :)

Facial Hair Optional

I'd like to say yes now Colin but I'm afraid I can't be sure til nearer the day due to my current circumstances being a little unpredictable. Can I also ask mate, what happens if it tips it down on the day, are you still gonna drive there?

Moleman

Yes I will stick the roof on & dry off when we get there.  :)

benchmark51

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 15, September, 2015, 09:38:37 PM
I'd like to say yes now Colin but I'm afraid I can't be sure til nearer the day due to my current circumstances being a little unpredictable. Can I also ask mate, what happens if it tips it down on the day, are you still gonna drive there?

Wear a hat! :P ;D

Iancider

QuoteCan I also ask mate, what happens if it tips it down on the day, are you still gonna drive there?

Anything is possible after Shearwater!

Facial Hair Optional

Yeah I think a hat and coat will be my only option! Brollies work but only at a standstill! I think I may have to get one of those all in one gizmos that carp fishermen wear when they tell their wives they are away fishing all night!  :D

benchmark51

I think I may have to get one of those all in one gizmos that carp fishermen wear when they tell their wives they are away fishing all night!  :D

What's that? A log fire in a cosy pub! ;D

Facial Hair Optional

I was thinking more of a onesie with a nice brunette zipped up inside it!  ;D

Crunchie Gears

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 15, September, 2015, 10:13:47 PM
Yeah I think a hat and coat will be my only option! Brollies work but only at a standstill! I think I may have to get one of those all in one gizmos that carp fishermen wear when they tell their wives they are away fishing all night!  :D

Try a Senz umbrella they are good got 60 mph.  I got my wife one for Christmas last year.  I liked it so much when it came I gave it to her in November.  I am hoping she gets me one!

Www.senz.com/en/

Moleman

Is there anyone else even considering it as I need to know if I'm wasting my time on this one please.  :(

It would be nice to know even if it is a no.

Crunchie Gears

The Sunday is rememberance day and so  I will be visiting an event if not the service.  Therefore I will not make the Sunday and will not get a pass for the Saturday.

I am out.

benchmark51

I will very likely go, just can't do a long stay

sanzomat

I'm a no I'm afraid, sorry, committing to a whole day can be tricky with carer responsibilities - that's why I've often shot off early (e.g. Tyntesfield, Highnam...)

Moleman

Dixie

Colin.

I am going to have to cry off this.  Dax is currently stripped down, and I am not sure if/when it will be back together.

Sorry to be a pain in the ar*e.

Mark

CC Cyclone

I don't have anything that will get there under its own steam at the moment but I will likely pop along in the tin top and say hello.

Moleman

It will be good to to you James.  8)

OK so far Me & Ian will be there both days with our cars with the Go Inspire in the middle of us. Pretty poor turn out if I'm honest but no worries if it is not your thing.  :(
We hope to do a bit of fund raising for the project as we really need to get some funds up together to take it a step further now.

I can hopefully pick up the Go Inspire chassis on the Friday from Dave Gallop & take it there that afternoon but is there any one who could take it back on the Sunday evening for us please?

There is still room for others to join us :)

Gary RH7

I would love to show my old Triumph kit off to some of the old guys who get to this type of show.
Only problem for me would be the weather. I will do Sunday if the weather is good. (sorry Ian just not man enough)

longtimecoming

Another sorry but no, from me Colin, same as Sanzomat, Carers duties stop me from doing anything other than a fleeting visit. That and not having a complete car to show. Looking forward to seeing the Go Inspire car. I hope at least lots of members do call in and say hello and donate to the project.

Iancider

A little poetry:

I said I would and I know that I should
And I could and I would but I shan't
I've never said won't
Or that somebody said don't
Cos I've reasons to say that I can't
While I'm telling you lies
I'm avoiding your eyes
Because Truth and Gospel they aren't!

Gary RH7

Colin, I am going to decline as I cant be 100% sure that I could attend in my kit  I don't want to book a place and disappoint someone who could have used the space who possibly has weather gear. I have spent nearly 2K getting my old car to something pleasurable to drive this year and I can't justify more expense on weatherproofing it. Sorry :(
If the weather happens to be good I will still use the kit but park outside but If it rains it will have to be the tin top sadly :'(

Any help you need with Go Inspire let me know but I cant return the chassis for you on Sunday. No tow bar.

peterw

Why does everything happen on the weekends I have to work ? >:( >:( >:(