News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

End of year suggestions.

Started by Moleman, 15, September, 2015, 08:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

OK people apart from our normal meets I was wondering what sort of things we can do between now & December.

Some of us are definitely going to do at least one more Track day & I have the Xmas meal to sort which will be on the second Sunday of December as always to go in line with Queens Square.

I do think we need to a karting session as it doesn't matter about the weather. (but I never get much of a interest in this for some reason)

There is always the off road Karting which doesn't matter about the weather. (again not a lot of interest)

There will be plenty of fine dry weather to come so over the next few months so some could be short notice runs out to places for us yellow cars & even other coloured cars if you are brave enough.  :P

So come on people what do you say there must be something we can do? so help me keep this going through the autumn

So please if there is any thing you think could be good then let me know.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 15, September, 2015, 08:22:01 PM

There will be plenty of fine dry weather to come so over the next few months so some could be short notice runs out to places for us yellow cars & even other coloured cars if you are brave enough.  :P

I love your PMA mate!!! Let's hope you are right!

Does having a yellow bonnet stripe count towards being yellow? In any case I think I like the colour red quite a lot now  ;)

Karting? That's ok for you skinny VFC boys, it's all about power to weight!!?? Have you seen the size of me? I am even thinking of changing my name from FHO to Stuffedfull Vandoorne!!!  ;D (some of you keen racing fans will get that one!!)

I think the short notice runs could work. Mike Bishop texted me earlier tonight and asked did I want to go for a quick blat there and then! I would have too but I was tied up with family stuff  :(

Sundays are great, a lot less traffic any time of the day. Must be somewhere good to go on a Sunday? Longleat? The Lock and Weir by the river at Hanham? Bit too close maybe. There is a nice big riverside pub at Tewkesbury with plenty of parking, I forget the name but would make a good stop for a snack.

A trip to Dick Lovett Ferrari at Swindon? Did that last year with my boy, fab!! Would make a geat photo opp too, plus the Porsche and BMW dealers are right there too!

A back lane route to Weston on the mud to the seafront for some candy floss, ice cream, fish and chips, seagull attacks or whatever takes your fancy! A blast along the prom and a coast road if we can find one?

A quick blast to Conehenge, sorry - Stonehenge? (be careful there Col)  :P

Iancider

I am still up for Karting or off-roading from last year.

Good Kart tracks for serious speed: one near Swindon and one near Blandford forum (so a good run-out too).  Both in Hangers and good top speeds possible.

Ian

Lucky Ed

Hullavington Karting is not the biggest, but it's fairly local and indoors too, so it might attract a few more people.

sanzomat

For karting I quite like the Gloucester track, JDR, Its not the longest or fastest track but the karts are well maintained and they claim they are kept equal (unlike many tracks were your fun depends on how good a kart you end up with). The formats are quite good too - they do an "iron man" endurance event, 10 laps practice immediately followed by 60 laps endurance for £35 and you only need 7 people to get exclusive use of the track with that format. You will be stiff after 70 laps continuous though! I'd most likely be up for that (depending on my other commitments) and my son would probably want to join in too.

Crunchie Gears

My son and I would be up for karting dependent on time and date.

Not sure I am up for a marathon as that might be 69 laps to many for my body. :o. I know I am a wimp.

Facial Hair Optional

Talking of Gloucester, they have a dry ski slope!!!
I bet I'd still have an 'off' though!
Colin would have to wear a yellow puffa jacket with an angry hornet on the back and we'd all need marshalls and some chicanes set up for us!  ;D
On second thoughts I am just geting too old for all that lark, I can see an injury looming and not being able to drive for a month!  :(

jmad

Facial Hair Optional

I see thay have quad bikes, clay pigeon shooting, indoor and outdoor karting and all sorts there too!

http://www.simplygoodtimes.com/bristol-activities/

Including assault rifles, axe throwing and exploding archery!!!! OMG!!!!!!  :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D

Moleman

I tried to do some this sort of thing at the start of the year so I will look into a karting track & some off roading circuits for November time.

Keep them coming people.

benchmark51

Iancider

QuoteHow about morris dancing?

Is that like MG drifting?

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 16, September, 2015, 09:47:00 PM
How about morris dancing?
Why is it when I get in late at night you lot say the funniest things!!? Must be the beer (ONE bottle!), either that or it's you lot who are on the sauce!!? I nearly wet myself laughing at times. We've got Colin doing his impression of a Furry and now Dave havin a go at Morris dancing!!

paintman

Is the skid pan at Castle Combe still there.....that would make a change from roundabouts! ::)

Moleman

I haven't seen it there mate? I didn't even know they had one or even used to have one?  :)

Facial Hair Optional

They defo used to have one. Not sure now though. Good way to learn car control. And much safer than learning it as you come into Quarry or out of Camp!  :o :o

'The Gaffer'

It's tucked away behind the circuit somewhere Colin. They do 4x4 and a few other things there.

I fell asleep after watching 20 seconds of this skid pad video and it costs £180 per person.

Iancider

Yes it is at the other end of the circuit near to the go-kart track or in our terms - by Quarry.  Or take Quarry really quickly - it is just through the go kart track and out the other side!!!

paintman

I used to go to a ice covered car park at the back of Longleat House and do figure-of-8's.

The girl friend would pull hard on my gear stick......(the actual gear stick!) :-[  without telling me when and I would try to
catch the slide.

Got quite good at it after a bit of practice.

Tony

Moleman

Is there any more suggestions for the winter months people?  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Stay in with a good woman and keep warm?? Layer your clothing. Have a real log fire. Wear gloves when out in the snow. Have hot soup to keep you warm. Always carry a shovel and a blanket in your car. They're the best ones I have Colin!  :P :P

Iancider

Hovercraft,

I know a place if any body is MAN ENOUGH to do it!

Squeak Squeak

Iancider

Or HOW ABOUT

Quad biking FOR MEN - Wifey wants to have a go and she's a girl!

Iancider

Or maybe,

Stay home and knit a kit car blanket if we cant be MEN doing MAN STUFF

Facial Hair Optional

Boy you are on one tonight Ian! Can I have one of those 'man pills' you must be taking please!? :P

Bulldog Bri

Must have been the box of Yorkie bars I saw hiding in his car. ;)

8)

sanzomat

Quote from: Iancider on 20, September, 2015, 10:21:07 PM
Hovercraft,

I know a place if any body is MAN ENOUGH to do it!

Squeak Squeak

I had a go at driving a small hovercraft as part of a corporate day at the 4X4 place near Coleford, was lots of fun, quite physical and, well, weird! The rudders only change the way the machine is facing rather than changing the direction of travel. The slalom course they'd set out was on a cross fall on a grass field with cow pats so it was great fun spraying anyone nearby too! I did eventually manage to complete the slalom but my sides were splitting from laughing so much. I'd definitely recommend anyone who's not done it to have a go.

Gary RH7

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 20, September, 2015, 10:32:12 PM
Must have been the box of Yorkie bars I saw hiding in his car. ;)

8)

I think its the bionic heart ??? Where do you get them fitted Ian? I think I need one :'(

Facial Hair Optional

Are you sure you want one Gary? Has he told you where he keeps the batteries!!!!!!!!!  :o :o

Moleman

Ian does have a valid point in all of this your all talking the talk but not walking the walk. :( ;)

There is no point in suggesting these things for me to look into them then you guys not put your name down for them :( :)

I might as well change the title of this tread as Colin & Ian's big balls adventures. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Facial Hair Optional

I still stand by what I said!!!... As you can see, off-road karting far too adventurous for me!! I'm a member of SAGA don't ya know!! I get a flippin free biro if get a life insurance quote these days!!  ;D ;D

"Sundays are great, a lot less traffic any time of the day. Must be somewhere good to go on a Sunday? Longleat? The Lock and Weir by the river at Hanham? Bit too close maybe. There is a nice big riverside pub at Tewkesbury with plenty of parking, I forget the name but would make a good stop for a snack.

A trip to Dick Lovett Ferrari at Swindon? Did that last year with my boy, fab!! Would make a geat photo opp too, plus the Porsche and BMW dealers are right there too!

A back lane route to Weston on the mud to the seafront for some candy floss, ice cream, fish and chips, seagull attacks or whatever takes your fancy! A blast along the prom and a coast road if we can find one?

A quick blast to Conehenge, sorry - Stonehenge? (be careful there Col)"  :P