Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Thursday Evening Club meet 1st Oct

Started by Moleman, 24, September, 2015, 10:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Our monthly Thursday evening club meet will be held at Riverside Inn, Salford Marina, The Shallows, Saltford, Bristol, BS31 3EZ

We will hope to get there for around 7-7.30pm & if the weather is not that good then bring the Tin top (please no hair dressers cars we do have standards)  :P There is always a lot to talk about & it doesn't have to be about our cars.

So who is up for it?  All is welcome whether you have a car on the road, off the road, not yet fully built or thinking of building one ;D

In November we will be doing our winter meets at the Lock keeper where they have heated umbrellas.

So who is up for it? :)

Facial Hair Optional

I saw what you wrote Colin!!!!

Can we discuss perms and extensions please?  :P

Gary RH7

See you there
Extensions for me please. Just on top :P

Crunchie Gears

Stone the Crows.  I cannot come as I am at North Weald early for a car limits day on the following day.

Have a good meet ;D

Moleman

Is there any one else going to pop along this Thursday evening?

jmad

If the weather stays good I am planning on taking the car to work on Thursday, I then need to find a nice cross country route from Exeter.

benchmark51

Lucky Ed

sanzomat

I'll try to make it. Is this now just a single venue evening, so no White harte?

Sumov8

Brandy Barrel

We'll be there in the TT
No not An HC
My BM

Moleman

It is just at the Riverside tonight people. No run out to the White Harte.

benchmark51

Quote from: Moleman on 29, September, 2015, 02:52:43 PM
Why not?

peterw

Facial Hair Optional

I hope it's not tonight Col!!!!!  :o :o :P

Lucky Ed

FHO - have you ever thought doing implants, I think I might need a 'Rooney' in the near future :D

Facial Hair Optional

Will Gorilla glue and horsehair do Ed?  :o

Moleman

Quote from: benchmark51 on 29, September, 2015, 04:01:03 PM
Why not?

We didn't do it last month & as the weather is closing in a lot of people will start coming in their tin tops.  :)

It will be the last one at the Riverside as next month will be at our winter evening meet.  :)

Lucky Ed

Moleman

Weather is looking good for tomorrow it's a shame the Sun will be down by 8. Still good for a drive to Riverside though.

Any more coming out tomorrow?

damouk

Bulldog Bri

I'll look out for you boys on the ring road. ::) I'll be in a red truck going the wrong way. ;D

8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 30, September, 2015, 06:21:06 PM
Weather is looking good for tomorrow it's a shame the Sun will be down by 8. Still good for a drive to Riverside though.

Any more coming out tomorrow?

I am hoping to be there though I seem to have got some bug the last two days, feel sh :o te

I have found this site very useful at this time of year for working out when it will be too dark to drive (if that bothers you that is).

I didnt even know there were different types of twilight! I timed it last night and the end of 'civil twilight' was what I call dark. End of daylight was fine, still light enough to drive with sidelights.

http://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/uk/bristol

The days are shortening by almost 4 minutes a day, about 27 minutes a week!  :( it's no wonder we say 'blimey havent the nights got dark very quickly lately' - it's cos they have!

Iancider

YES and Crash Test Dummy will be arriving too!

Dave Gallop has sent his tentative apologies because he is unlikely to get there in time.

Ian

Brandy Barrel

FHO I guess catching bugs n colds etc are a trade risk for hairdressers!

Iancider

I heard on the Radio

Thursday "WALL TO WALL SUNSHINE"  Met Office - Official

Facial Hair Optional

Yep Ian tomorrow is gonna be good! (though at 8pm there wil be NO sun of course!  :( )

If I'm not still feeling as sick as the dog that got the Christmas chocolates, I'll be out in the afternoon and at the evening meeting too of course.

benchmark51

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 30, September, 2015, 09:39:58 PM
Yep Ian tomorrow is gonna be good! (though at 8pm there wil be NO sun of course!  :( )

If I'm not still feeling as sick as the dog that got the Christmas chocolates, I'll be out in the afternoon and at the evening meeting too of course.

If the dog got the chocolates, chances are he'd be dead. Chocolate is toxic to dogs. :o

Hairy Santa

Just checked the candles

I will be there

Gary RH7

Went out Tuesday night in the dark to check the lights for tonight.
Rheostat for internal instrument lights not lighting up the dials enough. Had one so replaced that.
Light inside speedo not working. Fixed that but speedo didn't work after that but fixed that also.
Near side sealed beam looking sad and dull so needs replacing sometime with halogen upgrade. Later. Might need advice on wattage etc.
On the plus side my fog lights are like something out of a Si Fi film, awesome ;D Just hope I don't blind anybody.

So, see you there ;)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 30, September, 2015, 10:05:11 PM

If the dog got the chocolates, chances are he'd be dead. Chocolate is toxic to dogs. :o
Yes but it makes them sick before it kills them!! In fact it only kills them if they have a LOT. My old dog ate 3 Easter eggs once. She was sick but lived to do it again a few more times. Another thing about dogs, slow learners!  ;D

benchmark51

Checked my lights too. All my outer lights are led now, apart from the headlamps. They are adequate though. Changed my number plate light for leds not long ago, the ones that look like bolts. Suprised at how bright they are. Dashboard lights are filaments, but not going in there till I have to!

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 01, October, 2015, 09:46:43 AM
Quote from: benchmark51 on 30, September, 2015, 10:05:11 PM

Yes but it makes them sick before it kills them!! In fact it only kills them if they have a LOT. My old dog ate 3 Easter eggs once. She was sick but lived to do it again a few more times. Another thing about dogs, slow learners!  ;D

Used to have a neighbour that gave her dog a bar of chocolate a DAY! This was before it was said it was dangerous to dogs. It was fat ::) but still lived to nearly 17 :P

8)

benchmark51

Read about a retriever that ate a bar of chocolate, hours later went into shock and died. Don't think you will find a vet that would ok feeding them chocolate but your choice.

alastair

Facial Hair Optional

Luckily I only have a cat now  ;D

Looks like I wont make it tonight guys - sorry - gutted. I'm still feeling like that chocolate eating dog plus have had my shoulder injected again today so now I've got a right arm that feels like it's been dislocated as well  :(

sanzomat

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 01, October, 2015, 04:38:33 PM
Luckily I only have a cat now  ;D

Looks like I wont make it tonight guys - sorry - gutted. I'm still feeling like that chocolate eating dog plus have had my shoulder injected again today so now I've got a right arm that feels like it's been dislocated as well  :(

I'm planning to head down but probably will be lucky to leave Yate much before about 7.45. FHO - if you want a lift let me know. I'll probably only stay for one.

Facial Hair Optional

Thanks for the offer Dave but tbh mate I am really not feeling up to it right now. Mike texted me earlier, he may be looking to share a lift as his Tiger is still off the road, try giving him a shout.

Moleman

Wow what a turn out for October! :o

What a good night, about 17 of us I think & most in Kit Cars. Some of our summer meets don't get that many.  8)

Facial Hair Optional