Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Queen's Square Sunday morning meet 11th October

Started by Moleman, 28, September, 2015, 09:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

This is a really good chance to meet up with car enthusiasts from all over Bristol. it is held on the Sunday morning from about 9am at Queen Square, Bristol, City of Bristol BS1 4QS

We are now supporting the Avenue Driver's Club in their efforts to sustain this magnificent free public event and thanks to all who have signed up (for free)  If you haven't follow this link to do so.

http://www.avenuedriversclub.co.uk/joinus.html

I know we are always immaculately behaved but I am going to ask three things.  We wish to make a positive impact on the Square and for Bristol as a whole. 
(a) If you see some litter could you pick it up and put it in the bins (not ours but we will help)
(b) If somebody does make noise, very politely explain the situation to them so that the show is not banned as a result - that also applies to burning rubber and the like
(c) Invite as many members of the public as possible to enjoy this benefit for Bristol

So this is a great venue with a good atmosphere so who is up for it?

This one is getting really popular now so it is best to get there early if you can. Though we will be giving this one a little review soon so come along & see what you think?  :)

So who else is up for this?  :)

Facial Hair Optional

(d) if you see anyone sitting on, touching, leaning against, letting their kids play on, swing on, hit with sticks or other objects, damaging any cars please ask them to immediately stop and politely explain why!!  ;D >:( >:( :o :o

benchmark51

Brandy Barrel

Yep this is a definate this Sunday as the other half in Thailand playing with elephants for a week.
But will be in tin top cos still no gaskets from burton!

Hairy Santa

alastair

I can't make this one. Sorry.ill keep my fingers crossed for a dry day.

sanzomat

I'm a probably! Hardly seems any time since the last one!

Facial Hair Optional

Not sure, I still have a bad taste in my mouth from last time. Can't see me bringing the ASBO tbh  :( >:( :(

Iancider

Yes probably

I'll be parked next to next to FHO's kid proof vehicle.  Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Bet you couldn't find a yellow one of them eh Ian?? :D

Check out my groovy new moving avatar  8)

Moleman

I'm out Saturday night so it depends on how good a night I have.  ;D

robp

Lucky Ed

I won't make this one as my engine strip will start on Saturday, it's defo a piston/ring problem with low compression on no.1 & 2, it'll be interesting to find out whats happened in there!

On Sunday I've been invited to join Dino again at Brands, along with my daughter and the Conolly's, and it's too good an offer to pass up, even though the company of you guys at Queen's Square will run it a close second ;D

If you're interested, don't forget the whole days racing is live on ITV4 from 10.00 on Sunday.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 08, October, 2015, 07:17:49 PM
I won't make this one as my engine strip will start on Saturday, it's defo a piston/ring problem with low compression on no.1 & 2, it'll be interesting to find out whats happened in there!

On Sunday I've been invited to join Dino again at Brands, along with my daughter and the Conolly's, and it's too good an offer to pass up, even though the company of you guys at Queen's Square will run it a close second ;D

If you're interested, don't forget the whole days racing is live on ITV4 from 10.00 on Sunday.
You jammy b :o r (blighter)  ;D Have a great day Ed, oh yeah, and don't let him drive any car you may have with you!!  :D

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 08, October, 2015, 08:08:06 PM
Quote from: Lucky Ed on 08, October, 2015, 07:17:49 PM

You jammy b :o r (blighter)  ;D Have a great day Ed, oh yeah, and don't let him drive any car you may have with you!!  :D

I did point out to him that his rapid upturn in form seems to coincide with him attending our track days, and driving vastly superior machinery than a GT3 - he didn't seem convinced ;D

I could let him try out the Ford Ranger, he won't be able to break that............ will he? :o

Facial Hair Optional

£ for lb I bet our cars are better (and lighter)!! Those GT3s are no doubt quick but how much are they again??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 08, October, 2015, 08:57:36 PM
£ for lb I bet our cars are better (and lighter)!! Those GT3s are no doubt quick but how much are they again??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o

Out of interest my car and Dino's GT3 have the same power to weight ratio at 380 bhp/tonne. Having said that the Porsche has had a little more spent on it development wise, and mine has the aero of your average house brick :o

Facial Hair Optional

They must spend a small fortune on those Porkers I reckon. I saw a 7 style car on sale the other day with lots of aero stuff fitted, it looked awful but I guess it must have worked or they wouldn't do it. I'll see if I can find it and post it here.

I'm not quite sure why 7's have such bad aero given their small overall size, as long as they have flat undersides and no windscreen you would think they would not be too bad?

I'm thinking of designing a new 'bonnet' for the ASBO to improve it's aero too. Too many big gaps for air to enter the cockpit area and cause drag atm. The yellow one has rear diffusers fitted too!

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 08, October, 2015, 09:25:49 PM

I'm thinking of designing a new 'bonnet' for the ASBO to improve it's aero too. Too many big gaps for air to enter the cockpit area and cause drag atm. The yellow one has rear diffusers fitted too!

Surely when you're sitting in the cockpit, there's no room for any air to get in :o :P

.... bring it on ;D

Facial Hair Optional

It's surprisingly roomy Ed thank you! (you are catching Colin's disease now! takethepissitis!!)  ;D

Moleman

Nice one Ed you beat me to it.  :P

Ed surely you need to say to Dino "Well I let you drive my car around the track now it's your turn to let me drive yours?"  8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 08, October, 2015, 10:11:58 PM
Ed surely you need to say to Dino "Well I let you drive my car around the track now it's your turn to let me drive yours?"  8)
Yep Colin's got a point there, fair's fair! (I'm ignoring your other comment Mr Moleman)  :-*

Moleman

Facial Hair Optional

Planning to yep. Don't overdo it Saturday night mate, it would be nice to see you Sunday morning even with a hangover!!

Iancider

Okay,

I will be parked next to FHO's Yellow Abrahams!

Facial Hair Optional

Good man Ian, I'm bringing a shotgun, taser and tear gas!

Moleman

Facial Hair Optional

Anyone else besides Ian and me going!!??

If you do manage to stay sober tonight and make it tomorrow Colin is there any chance you could bring your fancy tyre pressure gauge please mate? I would like to see if my cheap and nasty piece of c :o p is even remotely accurate if poss!!

Or.. if anyone else has an accurate gauge maybe they could bring theirs?? I'm gonna order a good one this week but not sure yet what sort/make etc. I hear the fluid filled ones are good?

Bulldog Bri

Afraid I'm out. Anna's working tomorrow morning and I've no chance of getting the young un up in time. He can barely do a school morning :'(

8)

sanzomat

I'm planning to come. Thought I'd leave Yate about 8.00 if you wanted to mini-convoy FHO.

Bri - I won't bring the spring compressor tomorrow then! Catch up soon.

Facial Hair Optional

Could do Dave, 8am is the latest I'd leave though. I think I got there at about 7.45 last time which was a little early tbh, defo need to be there by half past 8 latest. I'll text you in the morning if it's looking like our times will coincide, feel free to text me though mate. I'm sure we can make it work  :)

Moleman

Well I made it & what a great turn out from our club. Nice cars & good to see everyone there.  8)

Facial Hair Optional

Moleman

Got a few leave in my car but it was worth it.  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 11, October, 2015, 08:59:19 PM
A few? There were so many in mine that a squirrel had set up home in there!!  ;D

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 11, October, 2015, 09:14:13 PM
A few? There were so many in mine that a squirrel had set up home in there!!  ;D
Nah! ;D Just looking for some nuts :P

8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 11, October, 2015, 09:19:22 PM
Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 11, October, 2015, 09:14:13 PM
Nah! ;D Just looking for some nuts :P

8)
Now I know why Colin parked on the pavement the other side of the road from usual!!

Facial Hair Optional

Daley Down Under

Facial Hair Optional