Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Castle Combe Supercar Saturday 31st October 2015

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 06, October, 2015, 08:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Wow what a turnout for October! :o 8)

I didn't even manage to take pictures of all the cars that turned up. These were at the start but boy did the weather turn out nice in the end.  8)

sanzomat

I'm really jealous! I see the Raffo Belva guy came too (Tone?) Would have liked to have met you and seen that beauty in the flesh.

Facial Hair Optional

That Raffo was certainly no riff raffo (ooh, that sucks), it was a real beaut of a car.

I can hand on heart say that today at Combe was a very special day for me and one of the best days I have had in decades. Met my old best mate who I lost touch with around 25 years ago after our Club Lotus days ended and we were like two kids all day long. Turns out he runs a Caterham hire company now (what are the bloody odds!!!) plus has his own Radical!!  :o

I had a flippin fantastic day, he took me round the track in his Caterham Tracksport and scared the living daylights out of me, boy oh boy can that guy drive. He drifted it on purpose through every single bloody corner and was sideways just for fun (which I have no doubt slowed him down), with a combined weight of over 200+kgs of humans on board and only 140bhp he still lapped in under 1:22 -on road tyres!!!! The only two cars that got past us were a Radical and that Porsche mega thing (£650 grands worth I think?) which set it's silencer on fire!!! Fanbloodytastic!!! My arms and legs still ache from clinging on!!

I'm sure he will be joining the club - another VFC member for sure  8) 8)

Crunchie Gears

Very envious!  Great day for it and it sounds like it was good fun. :D. It curtainly beats cutting the lawn and breaking the lawn mower  :(

'The Gaffer'

Looks and sounds like a great day, maybe next year for me as soon as my workload drops :(

robp

Great to see everyone yesterday. It was a good turn out from the club.

I enjoyed two passenger rides in Drift cars. Wow!  I have seen the drifters at Combe many times but I have always wanted to see what it was like to be inside the car.  What a ride!  Mega sideways and car filling with tyre smoke.  Those guys have some serious skill and some serious cars. 

I was lucky I booked early as there were a few casualties among the drift cars (a crash, mechanical issues and a fire) so there was not enough cars to go around by the afternoon session.  First come, first served so I was alright jack!

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 31, October, 2015, 07:06:41 PM
That Raffo was certainly no riff raffo (ooh, that sucks), it was a real beaut of a car.

I can hand on heart say that today at Combe was a very special day for me and one of the best days I have had in decades. Met my old best mate who I lost touch with around 25 years ago after our Club Lotus days ended and we were like two kids all day long. Turns out he runs a Caterham hire company now (what are the bloody odds!!!) plus has his own Radical!!  :o

I had a flippin fantastic day, he took me round the track in his Caterham Tracksport and scared the living daylights out of me, boy oh boy can that guy drive. He drifted it on purpose through every single bloody corner and was sideways just for fun (which I have no doubt slowed him down), with a combined weight of over 200+kgs of humans on board and only 140bhp he still lapped in under 1:22 -on road tyres!!!! The only two cars that got past us were a Radical and that Porsche mega thing (£650 grands worth I think?) which set it's silencer on fire!!! Fanbloodytastic!!! My arms and legs still ache from clinging on!!

That'll be Steve Kirby then - say hi to him from me.

Cheers Adrian

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Daley Down Under on 01, November, 2015, 10:00:18 PM

Cheers Adrian
Indeed it is Adrian! I will email him later and pass on your message. He is planning to join the club now I think  8)

paintman

I noticed Piston-heads had 20 Porsche Carrera Gt's for sell like the one at the show, £460,000 to £855,000.....
(2004 reg with 173 miles on the clock!! :o

Interesting spec., 604bhp with a top speed of 205mph......nice!! ;)

No wonder he went bye the Caterham!

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 02, November, 2015, 12:14:14 PM
Quote from: Daley Down Under on 01, November, 2015, 10:00:18 PM

Cheers Adrian
Indeed it is Adrian! I will email him later and pass on your message. He is planning to join the club now I think  8)

Thanks FHO  :D