+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Stoneleigh Kit Car Show 2016 1st / 2nd May

Started by sanzomat, 26, November, 2015, 01:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercub84

I live in Swindon. Is anybody going to stoneleigh this year from Swindon, as maybe go up in a group

Vindicator

Hi TC84, I'll be going in the tin top but not sure which day yet.
Ian

tigercub84

Are there many people going to stoneleigh this year from this club. Thanks

paintman

I'm going up with Dixie, Cob69 and 5 others (Cobra club I think) on the Sunday.

Don't know for sure how many are going.....Ian should know roughly. ::)

stevel

Unfortunately this will be the first I will miss for 7 years!  Silver Wedding Anniversary, Melissa is taking me away so cannot complain.  When I say taking me away, I actually mean she has booked a nice break for us and I am paying!  Thought that counts.......  Have a great time guys.

Bulldog Bri

That's a shame Steve. See you next year then. ;D

8)

Brandy Barrel

Looks as though most are going sunday, so are we.
I know Bri started this list.....
From what I can see, there is:

FHO
Benchmark
Moleman
Cc cyclone
Tigercub84
Sanzomat
Vindicator
Bulldog Bri
Camber Dave
Iancider
Gary RH7 weather pending
Jmad
Pilgrim Anna
Peterw
Paintman
Brandy barrel
If your not going sunday make a note on the list and repost, probably good if anyone has numbers or others to add then repost.
I dont have a clue about timing as i've never been before, i would imagine its gonna be an early start.

Facial Hair Optional

I'm only 50/50 on making this atm I'm afraid  :(

sanzomat

Quote from: Brandy Barrel on 26, April, 2016, 08:21:35 PM
Looks as though most are going sunday, so are we.
I know Bri started this list.....
From what I can see, there is:

FHO
Benchmark
Moleman
Cc cyclone
Tigercub84
Sanzomat
Vindicator
Bulldog Bri
Camber Dave
Iancider
Gary RH7 weather pending
Jmad
Pilgrim Anna
Peterw
Paintman
Brandy barrel
If your not going sunday make a note on the list and repost, probably good if anyone has numbers or others to add then repost.
I dont have a clue about timing as i've never been before, i would imagine its gonna be an early start.

I'm out now - bit short of big end bearings at the moment following yesterday's trackday :(

paintman

Sorry for not making it clear, I shall be going with Dixie and Tony (cob69) in his Merc.....see you all up there!

johnH20

Sorry I will not be able to join you with my car ( Newbie ). Was at Snetterton on Wednesday and after some issues with charging it seems my battery is knackered leading to an early retirement! I am hoping to source a new battery at Stoneleigh so I will drop by and hope to meet some of you during the day ( most probably Sunday ). In the meantime ( if I can make it work ) here is a picture of my rather different Cyclone.
Best wishes
JohnH

benchmark51

Iancider

Self Made Man

Hi all, I am coming to this, but I don't actually own a kit car and tend to just lurk the forums ;) hence not being on the list. I just wanted to point out though, if any of you are thinking about getting accommodation Sunday night before driving back, I've just found a place in Statford-Upon-Avon called the Charlecote Pheasant.

Usually £115+ a night but is coming out as £59 (including buffet breakfast) for Sunday night at the moment (last minute deal I guess), breaks up the journey home and keeps the missus happy as she can wonder around shakespeareville Monday.

Apparently there's only a few rooms left, so if you've left it all to the last minute like me you need to be speedy :)

tomcatt4

Greeting from Poland
I'm going there from Poland tomorrow morning.
I have a flight from Poland to London Luton Airport and then a coach to Coventry. But I don't know if I will catch any bus from Coventry to the Kitcar Show tommorow at 11 am.
Is somebody who is going there from Coventry or London Luton and have two seats for two guests from Poland? ;-)

Brandy Barrel

Looks like everyone is dropping like flies, we have also got problems with things not working dicky indicators and no horn now.
So we are reverting to the TT to get there.
B

benchmark51

I still intend to go in Ratbag, may have to use the tranny instead though. ::)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Brandy Barrel on 30, April, 2016, 08:44:14 PM
Looks like everyone is dropping like flies, we have also got problems with things not working dicky indicators and no horn now.
So we are reverting to the TT to get there.
B

Last time I took a TT  I got 'hairdresser' comments for months!!  :o

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 30, April, 2016, 09:16:29 PM
I still intend to go in Ratbag, may have to use the tranny instead though. ::)
What time you leaving Dave?

benchmark51

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 01, May, 2016, 12:19:12 AM
Not set in stone but 8.30 ish.

Ok mate. Same here, not set in stone. Have been thinking half the night and am on the verge of taking the ASBO up. Would love to turn up in it. Just not had many miles it her to get my confidence up. If I breakdown (no reason why I should though really) I'm stuffed!! No idea how I would get her home as no breakdown cover atm.

Gonna wait to hear from Mike Bishop to see if his Tiger starts and then decide what to do. A cold and possibly damp kit car trip but a great feeling when I get arrive, or a nice snug and very comfy X5 journey - hmmmmm  :-\

If we are on the road anytime near your journey time I will call or text you Dave ok.

benchmark51

Ok,  see you on the way. Don't worry 'afgan rules' apply - no-one gets left on the road.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 01, May, 2016, 06:02:22 AM
Ok,  see you on the way. Don't worry 'afgan rules' apply - no-one gets left on the road.

Diamond geezer!!!  ;D

Sumov8

Gents

Cant make this weeknd as I am building brownine points for Le Mans by decorating the kitchen
Hope you all have a great weekend! :)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 01, May, 2016, 06:02:22 AM

Hope you made it home ok Dave??

benchmark51

Yes, flew home without problem. Had to refuel near Tetbury but got home and dinner cooked just in time for F1. Saw 'one finger' do a colin into the wall! Priceless, especially the cussing that followed -bleep bleep. ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 01, May, 2016, 11:16:25 PM
Yes, flew home without problem. Had to refuel near Tetbury but got home and dinner cooked just in time for F1. Saw 'one finger' do a colin into the wall! Priceless, especially the cussing that followed -bleep bleep. ;D

Yeah that was classic!