+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Since I joined and Merry Christmas

Started by Gary RH7, 21, December, 2015, 12:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Incidentally Gary, how long have you had the Hood? And is this a recent problem or has it been like the through the whole of your ownership?

Gary RH7

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 28, December, 2015, 07:27:30 PM
Incidentally Gary, how long have you had the Hood? And is this a recent problem or has it been like the through the whole of your ownership?

I had to laugh at this one.
The first MOT I could find was 1992 and to be honest I cant remember ever taking it on the motorway for a long trip as the trips in those days were probably short. I only did 2K miles in just over 20 years. It wasn't until I joined you guys I have started to drive it properly. So, It has probably always been like it since I built it.

I have just done a bonnet mod by raising the back end just over one inch to give more air flow so I can test tomorrow.

Facial Hair Optional

Fair play mate, built by yourself and owned for over 20 years, is that a BKCC record??

If you removed the original Triumph cooling fan blades would there be room to fit your electric fan on the engine side of the rad so it sucks through the rad and is not blocking the other side? Might help a little?

If you go out for a run 2moro mate let me know. I may be able to get out I am hoping. You have my mobile number, text or call if you need to  :)

Gary RH7

I have the bonnet lift temp mod done so I could give it a blat on the M4 west to test it and could meet up somewhere around Tormarton but you will have to suggest where as I don't know that area. Will contact you tomorrow morn.

benchmark51

I may get out tomorrow if the weather permits. Could do a meet if anyone is interested.