+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Sunday 27/12/2015 Queens Square Meet

Started by Hairy Santa, 23, December, 2015, 04:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hairy Santa

anyone game for a meet at Queens Square Sunday the 27th, (day after boxing day) weather dependant  9.0 am

pass it on but keep it low keyed

should be quite clear on the roads - wishful thinking

anyone up for it ?

Facial Hair Optional

Yep. Glad it's not too early Pete!!  ;D

I think this would be a good little BKCC Xmas meet up if the weather is ok, great idea Pete 8)

Will the cafes be open being as it's Xmas I wonder? If not a packed brekkie and hot flask it'll be then!

Roads should be ok unless there is panic buying in the sales!!! The square will be empty though I'm pretty sure of that.

There seems to be repeated weather fronts sweeping across the region from West to East, if the Sunday morning falls inbetween fronts it could be very nice like today was. Fingers crossed.

benchmark51

It's a possibilty for me if the weather is ok. Went out for a quick 20 today to blow the damp away. I put Ratbag away after washing the mud off and have loads of condensation on the ceiling of Ratbags house. Might put a solar fan in to get some air circulating in there.

Hairy Santa

Don't think the Cafe's will be open so might pay to take a flask

if we get any warden probs I suggest we just drive round and round the square occasionally blowing our horns - seeing as war has been declared by the man with the red trousers  ;D

Facial Hair Optional

The Tiger is pretty loud, 103+dB at Combe testing, much more on full chat - where did you say he lived again??  ;D

Gary RH7

We don't have any men in red trousers in Chippenham but if I see one should I run him down? They might be taking over :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Moleman

Sorry I have to drinks lots of alcohol with friends on boxing day so no driving for me on the 27th.  ::)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 23, December, 2015, 11:00:22 PM
Sorry I have to drinks lots of alcohol with friends on boxing day so no driving for me on the 27th.  ::)

You seem to be doing that a lot lately Colin, anything you want to tell us??  :o :o :-* :-*

Crunchie Gears

Might be able to do this!

Have to check drinking and weather :D

benchmark51

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 23, December, 2015, 11:25:28 PM
Quote from: Moleman on 23, December, 2015, 11:00:22 PM

You seem to be doing that a lot lately Colin, anything you want to tell us??  :o :o :-* :-*

Are you in the AA Colin?

Moleman

Haven't you heard it's the festive season! Everyone is singing about it being the season to be jolly ??? :P :P :P :P :P :P

Facial Hair Optional

Yes, 'tis the season to be jolly, not 'jolly well smashed out of your face half the time!'  :-* :-* :-*

Don't forget Bernie says 'think before you drive!!!'  :P :P :P

Facial Hair Optional

And you forgot the 'fa-la-la-la-laaaa-la-laa-laa-laaaaaaa' bit Colin, see that's what too much booze does to you!!  :o :o :o

Hairy Santa

do you think a better response might be forth coming if I put it on a car club site ?  8)

Facial Hair Optional

Iancider

I am going to show a very tentative interest in this.  I unexpectedly have the Westie fro a few more days and I am missing using it.

Sunday is today predicting dry and warm and wouldn't it be every so tempting to rally at QS then cruise along Cheddar Gorge via Burrington Combe?

mmmmmmm?

Facial Hair Optional

Also atm Boxing Day is looking good too Ian! If it's dry I will be able to keep up my tradition of a Xmas Day or Boxing Day blatt on nice empty roads.

That trip would be tempting but sadly as it stands (it may change) I only have a couple of hours that morning free and wouldn't have time to do that trip  :(

Hairy Santa

Looks like rain tomorrow morning so this one is a non starter  :-\

Iancider

Checking the weather forecast at 17:00 today -

The outlook for Queen's square is not good for tomorrow at 9:00.  It is now a 60% chance of heavy rain at 9:00, falling to 10% light rain by 12:00.  So I am going to suggest an alternative.  The weather will be better from midday at Cheddar so I am going to suggest a run-out. 

Rendezvous at the Rising Sun at Backwell to depart at 12:30 then to the Gorge via Burrington Combe.  We could mingle sociably in the gorge or head off to Priddy to the Queen Victoria for Lunch for any that feel underfed in the last couple of days.

The afternoon has only a 10% chance of light rain falling to just 5% in the late afternoon.

Crash Test Dummy and I are definite for this no matter what the weather.  We need to get out!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 26, December, 2015, 05:08:31 PM
Looks like rain tomorrow morning so this one is a non starter  :-\

I havent seen the forecast for tomorrow yet but I got out for 20 miles today. It was nice but very blowy.

As for tomorrow, well I don't trust the accuracy of apps if that is what people are using, they are not very popular with weathermen I know that much!! I'll wait and see what Points West says.

If it is raining then I will be in the garage fiddling with the ASBO instead.

Facial Hair Optional

Am still considering this trip Ian but atm it's looking like time will be against me.

Points West weather is predicting that the rain will clear Bristol centre by 11am or even earlier and earlier still for Backwell and the Gorge so you should be well clear of it by 12.30pm.

If I don't make it have a great day with CTD

Crunchie Gears

Unfortunately I am out :(. Just too much rain for me. Sorry.