News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Sunday morning blat to Nailsworth

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 29, July, 2016, 10:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

I am organising a blat this Sunday morning to Nailsworth to meet up with a few guys from Pistonheads at the Weighbridge Inn for bacon butties and a chat. Atm there are a few of us kit car lads going and the more the merrier.

Timings are roughly 8.30am til 10.30am and then maybe a little run about after that. If anyone else from the BKCC wants to come along please shout on this forum and I will post full details here.

I have been told the butties are free but I will believe that when I see them!!!

It's not a huge run (about 20 miles or so up there and maybe a few more on the way back) but the roads are great ones and the weather is looking very good for us.

Here is the proposed route as it currently stands (I doubt it will change tbh)

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Tesco+Extra,+12+East+Walk,+Yate,+Bristol+BS37+4AS,+United+Kingdom/Cross+Hands+Hotel,+Old+Sodbury,+Bristol+BS37+6RJ,+UK/51.6020884,-2.2118279/51.6384161,-2.1615239/The+Weighbridge+Inn,+Minchinhampton+GL6+9AL,+United+Kingdom/@51.5889326,-2.207694,11z/data=!4m22!4m21!1m5!1m1!1s0x48719b8429d07877:0xdc3417b57ff89d37!2m2!1d-2.4116812!2d51.5396359!1m5!1m1!1s0x48718fbda43c1f75:0x46a987f50a0671f6!2m2!1d-2.3423142!2d51.5290105!1m0!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x48710ced08a277ff:0xfe6666cca3b0fe7e!2m2!1d-2.2014499!2d51.6923252!3e0?hl=en

Brandy Barrel

Still have that damn oil leak, looks like a crack somewhere, if we can plod it up and the bridge is open I'd like to come. Thanks for the heads up. I need to run the car more, DIY seems to dominate at the moment.

benchmark51

Sounds like a plan :). However, I'm in the midst of changing my radiator and although it is in I haven't finished it yet. It's a Honda Civic rad or was made for one, with 3 tubes and a 52mm thick core in ally. Size is a bit different from the old one, so needs a bit of 'jiggery-pokery' to get the nose-cone to fit  ::).
Not too happy with the fan performance either. Maybe further away from the core would be better, to allow the produced air flow a chance to develop before entering the core. Seems a lot of airflow is wasted at the sides. The fan is about 5mm away from the core at the moment.

Put me down as a very possible, will let you know later.

Facial Hair Optional

Ok mate, good luck with the fan and rad issue

benchmark51

Been faffing around with the radiator 'cos the nose cone wouldn't fit :-X. Now it does, but have moved the rad further forward and lower also fitted the fan on the back and set it to suck instead of blow and now get the airflow going through the core nicely. The hoses are a bit of a lash up but are working ok. Went out for an hour mainly 30, 40, 50 mph and the temp' never went above 85 'ish. Gave it some welly up over Tog hill and it stayed much the same. So we'll see what happens tomorrow. You stopping at the Cross Hands aren't you? What time?

Facial Hair Optional

I nearly said to you to move the fan to the other side Dave, I hear they quite often work better that way round.

Yes will be at Cross Hands in the morning, we plan to LEAVE there at 8.15am If that changes I will text you mate ok but I can't see it changing now.

benchmark51

Nice weather and fairly traffic free roads - purfick! :D. Felt a bit guilty having free bacon rolls and coffee, but who am I to argue? Back home by 11am, in time to cook dinner. Will be hard at work having a kip on the sofa while the film is on this afternoon I think ;D.

Facial Hair Optional

It was ace mate wasn't it! You did however miss an epic drive home. In the end it was just me and Col but what a race.... er I mean ride we had on the way home! I am guessing you had a lot of your own fun blatting back with Fullpint Steve though???

Don't feel guilty about the food and drink mate, I made a very generous donation to the landlord's (Dave - vantage man from PH South West forum) chosen charity.

All in all one of the best trips out I had in ages. Thanks for the support to all who attended, I will post some pics as soon as I can. In the end there were around 11 or more of us turned up to meet the PH guys - excellent!!!

benchmark51

We had a brisk run back behind Gary who peeled off at Tetbury. Fullpint and I continued to Old Sodbury where we went our separate ways. Ratbag behaved well and stayed just below 90 deg. Will check plug colour tomorrow, but confident my re-jetting has worked.

That bump in the road, just before the pub came as a bit of a shock to my a**e, I'll remember that one! :o

fullpint

Oh yes that bump!!!!! I peeled off at the X Hands (turned left) was a lovely B road that took me thru lower Combe..

Facial Hair Optional

Yes that bump was vicious! I didn't see it til too late and I think nearly everyone behind me hit it too - nasty.

I often drive that road from the Cross Hands to Combe Steve, it's one of my very favourites. Next two days are rainy but it's gonna improve after that so I hope to be out again soon.