+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Week Before Christmas Daytime Meet?

Started by Grin-a-lot, 14, December, 2010, 10:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grin-a-lot

Anyone free next week sometime that would fancy meeting for a pub lunch/drive etc?  I've not got any specific plans but thought we might be able to make the most of a nice Winter's day with a bit of a drive and a bite to eat.

Back before the sun goes down.

'The Gaffer'

I dont think there will be too many wanting to take their cars out, especially with the snow forecast and road salt about. There are also people who dont bother taxing their cars over the winter.

Dont want to put a dampner on a meet though ;D

Grin-a-lot

You might have a point there; perhaps I havent entirely thought it through!

'The Gaffer'

Dixie

My Viper is in London, not taxed.

Dax in the garage, not taxed.  Plus if it was, I wouldn't take it out in the salt, eats alloy wheels as I found out last year.

Hope you're lucky.

Mark

paintman

I would have come but I just ripped out my dashboard to recover it.....

Hairy Santa

well the Bristol trade centre cafe is now open for grub on a Sunday, so how about there 10.30 ish if anyone is game,  maybe a bit of a drive after depending if anyone can still move after the food  ;)

what do you all think

foggy

Sorry I can't make it as the Hood is not finished and probably won't be until about February. Cold weather is preventing me working on it in the evenings.

xr2 stu

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 15, December, 2010, 12:35:24 AM
well the Bristol trade centre cafe is now open for grub on a Sunday, so how about there 10.30 ish if anyone is game,  maybe a bit of a drive after depending if anyone can still move after the food  ;)

what do you all think
i'll have to have a word and try and get my mate out for it only 5 min's down the road from me wont be in a kit car tho as his dax is of the road being fixed ready for the summer

YB DAX

yea i may take a drive down with you stu,
have to use the subaru tho,  :(

regards,  Tom

Daley Down Under

Get the feeling the weather might scupper us for this weekend.  I was out in the Spire this afternoon - glorious but a bit nippy.  Hat and gloves a must - got colder washing all the salt off the alloys and ally bits.

Adrian

YZFMINI

I would come. but i started cutting out some of the rust so i have a few holes and no rear light or fuel tank.
YZFMINI

Daley Down Under

xr2 stu

Quote from: YB DAX on 17, December, 2010, 01:22:48 PM
yea i may take a drive down with you stu,
have to use the subaru tho,  :(

regards,  Tom
you picking me up than lol i'll text you about it

YZFMINI

Thanks Adrian.
should see what is left of the boot. but i got the new pannels to fit, so now just got too weld it all back up and spray it.

I finish work on Tuesday. so depending on when this is i'll come as a passenger if there is a space going in any bec's (My fav type of kit cars).
Col

xr2 stu

me and tom shound be they if it's not to icey and the snow stay's away lol

xr2 stu

did any one go today a bit to cold for me and not feeling all that good

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: xr2 stu on 19, December, 2010, 06:23:12 PM
did any one go today a bit to cold for me and not feeling all that good

Dont think anyone would have been out today unless they had to. Ive been lounging around the house all day in my dressing gown :)

xr2 stu

lol i ended up in the garage in the aftertoon working on the car i got bord beeing at home and the wife siad she wanted to go round her mums (were the car is) and i side am only going round if i get to work on the car for a bit lol

paintman

I braved the weather to do a bit of flooring in Trowbridge......big mistake!!

Took me an hour to get to the job..... the builder's merchant there shut early 'cause of the snow......did a couple of hours work till I run out of wood then an' hour and a half to get home!!

Should have stayed in bed like Phil!! ::)