+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

2012 Classic Le Man's

Started by Sumov8, 13, April, 2011, 09:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sumov8

Any one interested in a run to next years Classic Le Man's ?

Thinking of a run on the Thursday 5th of July, Camping and returning tired and fullfiled on Monday the 9th from Portsmouth to Cherbourg.

"Travel Destinations" would be able to organise the details with possible club discount depending on the numbers

Any one interested as provisional bookings can now be made?

Steve / Alan :)

WALNUT

Im intrested.

Tony

'Mendip Wurzel'

Interesting ...... Portsmouth to Le Havre is less driving in France (131mls & 2 1/2hr), just a thought. 

Dixie

This is something I would be interested in.

Would be great to get a few of the club together. 

M

WALNUT

It looks asthough Portsmouth to Le Havre is a much cheaper route than Portsmouth to Cherbourg.  and im all for cheap.

Tony

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: WALLNUT on 15, April, 2011, 07:22:10 AM
It looks asthough Portsmouth to Le Havre is a much cheaper route than Portsmouth to Cherbourg.  and im all for cheap.

Tony

By keeping the travel distance to a minimum then I think more will come as kitcar reliabilty is a often a bit of a toublesome issue, or at least it is with my kitcar.
131mls & 2 1/2hrs travel time in France hopefully isn't too ownerous for most drivers.   

Dixie

Definately up for it.

Who has picked the short straw for organising it?

Mark :)

WALNUT

Sumov8

Gents Ladies and any not yet sure

I will leave the Post open for a couple of weeks to see if any one who may be away adds their name to the list and then start the ball rolling

Depending on the opinions of those wishing to go I am sure we can decide on the best route/day's to leave/return
due to its popularity I am advised that we need to book early even if it is only for a deposit.

Watch this space :P :P :P

Dixie

Tony Searle is in Vegas working at the mo, but I text him and he is definately up for it.

M

peterw

This is one of my main aims, however I'm not sure wether the car will be ready in time so will pass on 2012 but definately up for 13 if its going to happen.

Pete

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: peterw on 17, April, 2011, 10:36:33 AM
This is one of my main aims, however I'm not sure wether the car will be ready in time so will pass on 2012 but definately up for 13 if its going to happen.

Pete

The Classic is once every 2 years Peter, so go for it with 2012. LOL

Sumov8

O.K The link has been open long enough now so I will start to check the prices and E Mail direct to those that have expressed an interest.

Any one new will have to forward a direct E Mail to myself if they then want to be added

Regards

Cob68

Hi as Mark said please also count me in. Cheers Tony

Sumov8

Gents

For starters I am looking at using Yravel Destinations as we have been with them to the Le Mans 24 hour race before

Dates available and ferry routes are:-

Thursday & Friday departures.
Returning Monday      
Folkestone - Calais (Eurotunnel)
Dover - Calais (Ferry)
Hull - Rotterdam/Zeebrugge
Portsmouth/Poole - Cherbourg/Caen

The Thursday to Monday would be the prefered dates but I am open to suggestions for the ferry route

I will make a provissional booking with the names of those that have requested interest and see if we can get a discount

then forward a personnal E Mails to those expressing an interest

Regards

Steve

TimC

Oooo - this sounds good.  Please add me to the list.

Dixie

Which is the route with the least amount of driving?

I personally would rather spend time on a ferry than a motorway.

M

Sumov8

To date we have the following interested:-
Steve   SumoV8
Alan     Almondburyhills
Tony    Cob68
Mark    Dixie
Tony    Wallnut
Kevin   Mendip Wursel
Tim      TimC - edit added

Reservations for the 5th - 9th of July are open from Portsmouth to Caen with Travel Destination, I have sent an E mail to those listed above
it looks like we can book as a club so if any more are interested they need to let me know before I place an order.

Check out the Web site at http://www.lemansrace.com/deptcontent/travel-destinations-campsite/19/     for a look and smell the Castrol RRRRR

Sumov8

Gents

Due to the number of people dropping out of this event, I recommend any one still interested in going to Le Mans next year should place their own deposits for tickets.
We will not get a discount as a club event, so I have gone ahead and placed my deposit for a Thursday sail from Portsmouth to Caen returning on the Monday, costs have still not been confirmed, but if any one else still wishes to go perhaps we could join up on route, and share tools/spares/company.

Best of luck and may see a few of you there :( :( :(