Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

"Summer Classics" Car Show - Easter Compton - 13-14th Aug 2011

Started by 'Mendip Wurzel', 16, April, 2011, 02:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Sumov8

Myself and Alan (Almondsbury Hills) still wish to go and throw a tent if the weather holds out
practise for the Classic Le Mans next year in a new tent.

Will be there Thursday evening for a few hours poss 19:00 - 21:00 ish ::) ::)

Daley Down Under

If the weather is good on Saturday I will pop down. Cant make the Thurs meet so will chance it at the gate

Adrian

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 25, May, 2011, 12:28:35 AM
Ok, I will contact the organisers this week stating we wish to attend as a club.

Those who have showed an interest so far.

1.  Mendip Wursel
2.  Wallnut
3.  Hairy Santa
4.  Paintman
5.  The Gaffer
6.  Yellabelly
7.  Foggy
8.  stupott901
9.  Krazyken
10. bulldog bri
11. Denzle
12. Sumov8
13. Almondsburyhills
14. Bulldog Bri?

Any more?

It appears they have camping facilities if anyone is interested.

Moleman

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 08, August, 2011, 10:51:31 PM
So, everyone that would like a ticket I can meet at the Lock Keeper on Thursday eve 11th Aug 2011 - 7.30pm.  Who else is up for that?

I have managed to get a ticket for the sunday to show my westy with afew friends who are going to show there cars. So I won't be to far from your stand & I will hopefully see you all then.
If you are going to the lock keeper I might still pop down anyway just for the ride & to say high. Is it the one in keymsham?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Moleman on 10, August, 2011, 10:20:18 PM
Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 08, August, 2011, 10:51:31 PM
So, everyone that would like a ticket I can meet at the Lock Keeper on Thursday eve 11th Aug 2011 - 7.30pm.  Who else is up for that?

I have managed to get a ticket for the sunday to show my westy with afew friends who are going to show there cars. So I won't be to far from your stand & I will hopefully see you all then.
If you are going to the lock keeper I might still pop down anyway just for the ride & to say high. Is it the one in keymsham?

Yes Keynsham, hopefully you have had the email too?

Hairy Santa

Hi Guys

Phil has handed the tickets for the show to me as he couldn't make this evenings meet

if anyone wants one as there are a few left then please give me a PM or a ding on 07790 700056 ( prob best on the phone ) and will see what we can arrange

'Mendip Wurzel'

Weather looks good enough so I am going this morning (Sunday)

Almondsburyhills

What a great show, a mixture of all types of vehicles...thanks to all who turned up and made an enjoyeable weekend...a few kit car enthuiasts with some interesting machinery joined in our group which made a larger display,must of smelt the bbq......weather was good, so  glowing like a tomato now...look forward to next meet.

Moleman

It was good. I will have to park up by you guys next time. I thought your stand was gonna be full. It was a shame we didn't have the banner to tell people who we are but maybe next time as it looks like it's gonna be a yearly thing.  :)
Thanks for the coffee & sausage sandwich.  ;D

Hairy Santa

Turned into a good show as the weather got better over the 2 days, some very nice cars

nice to see old freinds and a newby or two

Thanks for the coffee and sausage sandwiches - hit just the right spot

well worth a visit next year

i like my trike

nice to meet some of you today ( I have the mini/trike thing )

I was brave and drove home on the motorway !

hope to meet up again sometime
rgrds

'The Gaffer'

Sorry I didn't make this show, got a few personal issues to deal with at the moment. Did anyone mange to take any pics?

WALNUT

Hi ( I love my trike ) Sorry I never remember names, you must be very brave, or mad, to trval on motorways, what is the top speed of your trike.                                                                                                                                                                                     
                                                                                                                 Tony

'Mendip Wurzel'

i like my trike

Trike is only 4 speed so revs get a bit high (4k) over 75-80 mph. Not much of a motorway cruiser on account of it being a bit like a shopping trolley :-)

Had a great day though. Whats the next one?
cheers
Tony

Sumov8

Well the weather definitely improved on the Sunday, the Saturday disco was something to experience but they did try their best
Great idea to have a service van in the club as it came in quite handy, plenty to see and do and as previous posts well worth a visit next year
A few pictures below:-