News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Lamborghini Murcielago/MR2

Started by Peggyontherun, 03, September, 2011, 06:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggyontherun

Lamborghini Murcielago kit car built on a Toyota Mr2 Mk2 Turbo

When i bought the car the previous owner tried to make the frame but with no such luck was the kit going to fit onto that frame. I got the frame from Extreme sports cars in Hull and a few other pieces

Frame and bits and pieces removed to bare shell

New fuel pipe re-routed

Panels all dry fitted

Ariel shot

Side shot

Door trial fitted

As the wing mirrors come as two i decided to mould them into one unit

Here they are painted

More to come...

'The Gaffer'

Hi Peggyontherun and a warm welcome to our club.

I had to edit your post as your pictures were HUGE.

Please tell us a little more about you and your build, it looks quite a project.

Hairy Santa

welcome, quite interesting photo's, look forward to seeing finished car

paintman

Welcome to the club.

Nice looking project you got on there.....look forward to seeing the finished car. ;)

Tony

Peggyontherun

Cheers for the replys the kit i bought it from a chap here in Ireland he tried to make the frame for the kit to sit onto but wasnt working
for him so he gave up and left the kit there he tried to fit a Lambo diablo kit to this car but the portions didnt look great so he gave up on that.

I bought the kit just over a year ago i sourced the company that made the kit extreme kit cars in Hull and i purchased the frame and a few other bits. They claimed that they didnt make the kit that it was splahed by somebody else so i really dont know where the kit came from even tho all the panels lined up perfectly well and on there frame so am still to this day confused  ???

I have been working on this car for the full year and have sourced many parts from around the world mainly the US

When i bought the kit i seen that the chap had the diablo kit there so i asked as part of the deal that he throw in the diablo dash as this will be my new dash well customised a bit  :D

Well about myself i have owned quiet a few cars and i am a petrolhead i would have to say i live in South of Ireland so any of you guy that ever come over give me a buzz and i will show you around my last replica was a Dave Jones 360 built by a guy in Sunderland his work was 100%.
Here is a picture of it

I built this about 9 year ago it took 2 year and won nearly every show that it was entered. A bit extreme but that was the good old modifying days  :o

Peggyontherun

I custom made the interior with fiberglass and fillers so i can shape it to what i want a bit of work involved but worth it

The big hole are for some speakers two 800watt and two 6x9 these wont been seen as the back of the seats will hide them

Pillars all fiberglassed and fillered

This was taking a while back

Peggyontherun

As i got a very good deal on some dynamat i couldnt turn it away

The door hinges there was a good bit of sanding in here

The door trial fitted

The wheel arches had to be modified a bit the joys of it  :)

The lambo replica pulled out beside my 7 series to show how small this car is in heigth

Peggyontherun

The rear of the car the read fans are out of a toyota yaris and i have modified them they do nothing and they do work only for show

The rear underneath

As i had to get big spacers made up for the rear as the alloys need to come out a fair distance
as this car will never be sold as i have put to much time and effort into it i will be the only one driving it
and i have built this car not for speed but for just cruising around.

Exhausts fitted

Peggyontherun

The whole car needed to be sheeted all around and sealed (Was dreading this)  :'(

The front section

Underneath

Some mad shapes being made up all done by hand i dont have any machines for bending
just a hammmer and a bench

Peggyontherun

Front all sealed and finished

An ebay item i got it engraved in my local jewellers

The front bonnet fiberglass my home made latch in place

Rear exhaust closing panel made

Peggyontherun

The bonnet gas rams trial fitted

Front section all fiberglassed and fillered to clean the area up

Window regulator this is out of a VW golf and it will be cut to fit the lambo door

Spacer made up

Peggyontherun

Got this side glass from America a chap that works for GM motors doing all there glass made these for me as there £800-1000
off Lamborghini direct

Area all masked up ready for some paint

Four layers of paint it took

Finished

Trail fitted

Peggyontherun

Right am in the process of getting one of these rear wings made up i have given my design to a local
machine shop and they said they will cut the spoiler out of Aluminum
What do you think of the spoiler ?? anybody that has seen it says that it will suite the car.

Cardboard mock up

Peggyontherun

I primed the front booth section today

Couple of pin hole all re-fillered

All sanded by hand

re-primed will sandit back in the morning and give it another coat

'The Gaffer'

Wow, some progress there.

Spoiler? Not so sure, would have to see it in the flesh so to speak.

Peggyontherun

The spoiler i wasn't too sure on either until i made that cardboard mock up and i do have to say its grown on me it does suite the car it takes the square look off the back of it

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 06, September, 2011, 09:20:51 PM
Wow, some progress there.

Spoiler? Not so sure, would have to see it in the flesh so to speak.

Peggyontherun

There was a few more pin holes

All sanded

All primed

Small bit of work on the bonnet not much

Sides being done next

A few bits to be re-fillered

Sides re-fillered

Got the top dash bonded in all the weight that i could find was used

Peggyontherun

The top bit of the dash getting put into place

The windscreen for the Lambo picked it up today

Dash nearly dry

Passenger side top dash just have to leave over night to dry into place

Furore Phil

Wow  :o that looks sooo cool. I think the stereo should be excellent too. I used to have two 10" bass speakers in the back of my old TR7, if I turned it up too much the headlights would pulse in time with the beat !

Peggyontherun

Dash all fiberglassed in

Front windscreen trial fitted

Windscreen just needs to be trimmed my local glass shop said they will do this no problem

Closing panel template

Template all completed

Closing panel made out of light stuff still a bit of trimming to do

Looking out the window

Peggyontherun

Glass being sent off to the glass cutters

The glass back took the chap 20 minutes to cut it putting the side border on

Ariel view

Window trial fitted, fitting perfect now

The extra closing panel tested again

The bottom section of the window getting its border

Bit of work on the side

Getting there

Bit of filling going on

Sanded and re-filled

David H

o my god. :o :o :o

That is sooooo much work.

Respect. thats not a kit car.... there is no kit. Your making a car.

Fair play.

Spoiler looks ok but you will have to go seriously badass on the stance to suit.

paintman

Are you working full time on the car.....or in your spare time? ::)

Tony

Peggyontherun

Cheers lads yip the full car being built only the chassis of the mr2 was left  ;D and yip am working on the car full time about 4-5 hours a day now as i have other stuff on as well so its coming along day by day

Peggyontherun

The side being built up with the template window

Lots of sanding

Windscreen for the Lambo was picked up today ready for the glass shop next week the window with the
mad black border was only a template :-)

Passenger closing panel ass shaped getting there

Drivers side bit of sanding to go

Bit of shaping going on

'The Gaffer'

Great progress there :)

Your post is very pic heavy and slow to load for me, I think others may say the same? Why not try adding pic to post feature above the post window?

It's your choice of course ;)

Peggyontherun

The window pillars are nearly all built up id say another day at them and it will be finished
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/jkl001.jpg/
Passengers side coming along a bit of work gone into this as the pillars are shaped to suite the Nissan Maxima windscreen
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/jkl002.jpg/
Coming along nigley bits of filling
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/jkl003.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/jkl004.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/jkl005.jpg/
This Austin 6 pulled up an English chap owners her and is storing it for the winter ahead here its in great condition he says its in his family since 1930 his dad bought it brand new in Halifax what a classic
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/jkl006.jpg/

Peggyontherun

Filling in a few bits

Side view

Closing panel for the window all fiberglassed

Trial window re-fitted all gap looking gud

Closing panel fillered

Sorry for the big pictures am in a rush sorry once again  :'(

New window lined up ready tomorrow for cutting in the local glass cutters fingures crossed he will do a good job

Small pin holes that have to be re-filled

Closing panel drying

Window pillars all primed

YellaBelly

Waaay to slow for me too when loading. Sorry mate, but I won't be opening this one again as it's just too picture heavy, which is a shame as I'd like to see it progressing.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YellaBelly on 22, September, 2011, 07:53:41 PM
Waaay to slow for me too when loading. Sorry mate, but I won't be opening this one again as it's just too picture heavy, which is a shame as I'd like to see it progressing.

Agreed. Peggyontherun has been advised to use our add pic to post feature that simply adds thumbnails but hasn't used it ???

Peggyontherun

Sorry guys ive used the add pict on you site sorry was just in a rush the other day will use this from now on Sorry once again

Few pin holes re-fillered

Closing panel coming along

Winscreen back from the glass cutters

Getting there

All primered

Closing panel sanded

Getting the door rubbers all trial fitted

YellaBelly

Grin-a-lot

That's a very cool set of photos although it makes my job of re-wrapping my exhaust seem trivial!

'The Gaffer'

Peggyontherun

Cheers lads sorry about the big pictures ive just been so busy with the kit car i dont have much time to
do anything else.

Bulldog Bri

Thought I had a slow computer, but these load quite fast for me  ???

8)

Peggyontherun

Here is the new engine that was built for the blue corvette thats being built behind me. On its was from good old USA
http://www.facebook.com/MuscleCarEngines?v=wall&sk=wall#!/video/video.php?v=510975890201

The new window trial fitted again before its off to the Printers for a new border all around the window and a few other bits

Side closing panels getting them to fit and going to get them carbon fibered like the dash

A bit of work on this one

Drivers side groove for the door rubber all being filled and sanded

As the front windscreen is at the printers getting the border all around it i had time to make the original closing panel between the bottom of the window and the lower closing panel here we go

All marked out (easy part)

All cut out and painted am debating weather to get this part carbon fibered or not ?

A few pin holes being filled on the drivers inside roof

Template window back in and bit of filling going on

Corvette with lambo doors trial fitted

Peggyontherun

Ok got half of the interior primed today as the whole of the interior was custom made by hand its taken a few months to make and alot of sanding to get it to this stage

Bulldog Bri

Lovin this thread. How much longer do you think this build is gonna take?

8)

'The Gaffer'

Hope you get the chance to drive the completed car over to Bristol one day :)