Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Exeter Kit Car Show 22nd - 23rd Oct 2011

Started by Cob68, 15, September, 2011, 06:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Cob68

Is anyone up for a run down to the Exeter kit car show this year, it's on the 22nd -23rd Oct. I know most unlike myself but I put in my calendar so I would not forget this year. Cheers Tony

paintman

Yep, I'm going.      Hope it's warmer than last year.....and drier! ::)   Saturday pi**ed down all day and Sunday it was 3 degrees! :(

Sumov8

Yes I will be up for a trip to Exeter and have put a note in my diary ::)

robp

Yes, I went last year and would like to go again in convoy with the club.  In my diary.  As usual, if it's raining I'll probably make my own way in the tintop.

Moleman

I am going but not sure which day yet due to work.
I will be up for going down in convoy but can't give a def answer until abit closer to the date.

'The Gaffer'

We had 2 convoys last year, one for each day. Seemed to work well :)

YellaBelly

Well, pending some reasonable weather for the paint job, and a really kind and understanding IVA man, I might manage to join in one of the convoys this time :)

Fingers crossed......

John

Grin-a-lot

I'm away with work for the show so can't make either day sadly.

Dixie

Well I am going.  Froze my arse off last year and that was in the Viper which has a great heater.  The Dax heater is sh*t, so going to wear my thermals.

M

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YellaBelly on 18, September, 2011, 09:30:23 AM
Well, pending some reasonable weather for the paint job, and a really kind and understanding IVA man, I might manage to join in one of the convoys this time :)

Fingers crossed......

John

That will be quite an occasion John :)

Quote from: Dixie on 19, September, 2011, 02:18:19 PM
Well I am going.  Froze my arse off last year and that was in the Viper which has a great heater.  The Dax heater is sh*t, so going to wear my thermals.

M

Hard top time Mark ;)

Dixie

Not as rich as Mr. Searle  ;D, plus because he copied my paint code, I can't copy his hard top, otherwise he'll never let me forget it!!

:D

Cob68

Next you will be saying I copied your front lights, I knew I saw them somewhere.

paintman

Quote from: Cob68 on 20, September, 2011, 08:13:47 PM
Next you will be saying I copied your front lights, I knew I saw them somewhere.

Well you have got 2 just like Dixie.......lol ;D

evolution

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 18, September, 2011, 08:46:53 AM
We had 2 convoys last year, one for each day. Seemed to work well :)

It did until Taunton when I'd realised I had forgotten my hard top.  Must be honest, my brother was really not impressed with me and I discovered there were no drain holes in the floor so clearing 2 inches of water out of the seating area was entertaining.  The seats were less forgiving than my brother and required new bases and foam.  The things I do for a day out with my fellow kit car owners. :D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: evolution on 23, September, 2011, 07:13:52 PM
The things I do for a day out with my fellow kit car owners. :D

You know the club is worth it ;)

Daley Down Under

can't believe I will miss this years event. That said we have been in Brisbane for.6 days now and not seen a cloud yet. No news0on Marlboro Car export yet
Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 25, September, 2011, 09:35:46 AM
can't believe I will miss this years event. That said we have been in Brisbane for.6 days now and not seen a cloud yet. No news0on Marlboro Car export yet
Adrian

Can't you just pop over for the weekend mate? ;)

Hope all is going well and that you will be able to export Marlboro Car despite bureaucratic nonsense.

evolution

It looks like it's the 22nd (saturday) for me, collecting brother on way down as last year.

Dixie

danwilko

this a good show to go to then?

lots of spares and parts etc or is it just companies showing off there new kits?

and im guessing the stoneleigh one is the best to go to?

Cob68

Hi Exeter is a good show, lots of part stands etc and for me the closest. I would also prefer the Sunday ie 23rd. Cheers Tony

dave_bence

I'd also prefer to go on on Sunday 23rd, but I'll keep my options open in case the weather is good on Saturday, but crap on Sunday.

Last year on the Sunday, several of us met at Gordano services, convoyed down the M5 and met some more kits and owners at Taunton Deane (I think) services. That worked well if anyone wants to do the same this year.

'The Gaffer'

paintman

Probably do the Sunday like last year and join up on route.

Tony

evolution

I've made a booboo. Thought 23rd was saturday doh!  Will be going 22nd as cannot make the sunday.

madmarkymark

Plan to go down on the Sunday (23rd) - home commitments permitting ...

dikkie

I'm planning on going down Sat, as long as it's not absolutely awful weather!!
would be up for a convoy if anyone else is heading down then...

evolution

Quote from: dikkie on 17, October, 2011, 06:00:31 PM
I'm planning on going down Sat, as long as it's not absolutely awful weather!!
would be up for a convoy if anyone else is heading down then...

Convoy ok but have to make small detour at Bridgwater to collect my brother.  Could meet up again at services past bridgwater junction as would only be 15 mins if that

Sumov8

I have to work away in the week and may not be back until Friday night, If the Sunday run is going ahead where do you want to meet up ::) ::)

peterw

Hope to be there on Sat afternoon, tin top only, got a 12hr night shift on Friday though

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Sumov8 on 17, October, 2011, 09:24:55 PM
I have to work away in the week and may not be back until Friday night, If the Sunday run is going ahead where do you want to meet up ::) ::)

How about these BKCC Convoy meeting points...

Meeting at M5 Portbury Gordano Services Lorry park for 9am. Leave at 9.15 for 45 min drive to M5 Westbound Taunton Deane Services for second meet point at 10.00am. Leave at 10.15am for 45 min drive to Westpoint (EX5 1DJ) for show arrival at 11.00am. Line up our cars together in the car park.

The same can apply for Sat and Sun convoys.

paintman

Quote from: paintman on 02, October, 2011, 01:07:01 AM
Probably do the Sunday like last year and join up on route.

Tony

Sorry change of plans.....won't be coming. :-[

The Great Redmondo

Myself and another Cobra owner (John) will join in the fun on Sat meeting at Gordano.

Moleman

I will meet up with you guys on sunday at the gordano services, though I may have a prob if its raining as i've just found out my roof doesn't fit properly. so if the weather is crap I may have to come in the van.  :'(

Krazyken

Car & I will be on the Marlin stand on Sunday as an example of a car that has been well & truly thrashed for 5+ years and still going strong.

pedro

Decided to don winter woolies (or at least the flying jacket) :D and go on Saturday. Look forward to meeting at Taunton Deane services at 10:00.

'The Gaffer'

It is important that people respond as to whether they are attending the show and convoy meet points. No one wants to be a 'Billy no mates' waiting for no one :)

evolution

danwilko

ill be at gordano tomorrow (sunday) if anyone else is going?
will be in the racing puma though if thats ok, as mine is no where near done  :D

dave_bence

I'll be at Gordano tomorrow (Sunday) at 9.00.