+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Donington 1st & 2nd September

Started by Krazyken, 16, August, 2012, 07:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krazyken

As the last thread went off the point, I thought I would start a new one as both myself and Dave Doom will be there for both days staying at a local B&B.  Who else is going and do we need a club stand?  Please put your names down below.

1. Krazyken
2. Dave Doom

Moleman

I would love to go but wont be able to commit until later & not sure if i will be to late to book a B&B by then.  :-\

YellaBelly

Me and the boss are plannig on going for the day, but not sure which day yet.

stevel

Likewise I fancy going, not sure which day and weather dependent.  I will drive up on the day, maybe take Charlie my lad with me.  Might even take a for sale sign aswell!!

YellaBelly

Quote from: stevel on 17, August, 2012, 12:32:56 PM
Likewise I fancy going, not sure which day and weather dependent.  I will drive up on the day, maybe take Charlie my lad with me.  Might even take a for sale sign aswell!!

What are you selling Steve, the car or your son? :D

stevel

Depends on the price, the car is priced to sell ready for the next one but Charlie is really not replaceable, would not be without him  ;)

evolution

Quote from: stevel on 17, August, 2012, 04:06:20 PM
Depends on the price, the car is priced to sell ready for the next one but Charlie is really not replaceable, would not be without him  ;)

How clean does he keep your car?  :D

robp

I'm attending a trackday at Donnington on 3rd September so I may pop up to the show the day before.

stevel

Anybody going on Sunday still not decided yet if it id worth it, would be good if others are there?

Moleman

I will be going to the haynes car show mate. It's just abit easier to get to. but if your still selling the tiger then it might be worth you going to donington show with some for sale signs?

evolution

Went to show yesterday. Final run for Evolution and I and thoroughly enjoyed run. Show was not dissimilar to Newark so a bit poor. What did make up for it though was the racing at Donington Park which my brother and I watched until gone 4 (it was £15 if you only wanted to watch the racing with no access to the show).

robp

I was at Donington yesterday for a trackday with Focused Events.  Weather was perfect.  It was the first time I've had my car on a big track since having the suspension set up.  I had some new tyres too.

They made a big deal about noise at the briefing and also emailed a load of noise info before the event.  It is a 98dB drive by.  I was a little concerned as my car is 94dB at 4500rpm under no load.  It's a lot louder at 7500rpm at full throttle.  However, the static test is at 1 metre and the drive-by is going to be trackside at the nearest.  Anyway, I hadn't need to worry as car was fine.  You could ask for a test on your car while you were out on track and mine came in at 94dB so no worries.  The whole noise thing makes me laugh as the track is right next to the East Midlands airport and there are aircraft taking off overhead every couple of minutes.

I was there with my friend Adam in his Caterham and the two of us had a great time blasting around the circuit.  I love Donington especially the section from Redgate to Coppice.  Melbourne loop was open but that's a bit of a bore. 

All went well until mid afternoon when I was flying down the Craner Curves.  I hit the brakes and the pedal went to the floor!  Managed to save the car but there is a big crease down the centre of the driver's seat now!  20 minutes after returning to the pits the brakes were fine again, firm pedal, etc.  I went out on the circuit again all well until about 5 laps and same started happening. Car is back in my garage now so situation will be investigated.  Any ideas?

YellaBelly

Yep, you're a hooligan!  :P ;)

But seriously, maybe the brake fluid boiled?  :-\

'The Gaffer'

Bad seal in the master cylinder maybe?

Pleased you had a good time!!

Lucky Ed

Deffo sounds like boiling fluid if the brakes have come back once cooled down.

You could try Krazy Ken, he was over stocked with EBC racing fliud, you might be able to relieve him of some.

Krazyken

Yes plenty of EBC Race Brake Fluid in stock, £10 per 500ml bottle or £18 for 2.