News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

A day at the Fleet Air Arm Museum

Started by 'The Gaffer', 11, August, 2009, 10:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

I decided to take a day off today, as Speedy J, the missus, already had the day off. We decided to go to the Fleet Air Arm Museum in Ilchester.

I had been there before countless years ago, but Speedy had never been. We had a great day from checking out the exhibits, to getting shaken to bits in the somewhat unrealistic helicopter ride to the aircraft carrier simulation. Those of you who have been before will know what I mean ;D

My biggest disappointment however was discovering that the rather spooky manikin that used to jump out of cupboards and walls during the aircraft carrier tour has now been replaced with an Angus Deayton look-alike on a TV screen.
When did this happen? :o

On a plus side, everything was clean and tidy and very presentable. Most interesting was the shear size of the aircraft up close. They always look so small on TV.

The runways outside looked very appetizing for a kit car day, they didn't seem to be using the space at all.

Overall a good day out that I would recommend to anybody.

Me looking at the exhibits

Wheres the ignition key?

The icing on the cake was stopping off at Paul Hartleys restaurant to show Speedy the location and ending up buying myself a huge rib eye steak from the farm shop for tea... yummmmmy.

Richard

some of their exhibits are good, pricey for all of  us so we go infrequently, good route down.

enjoy your tea, good but pricey place for meat in Shepton as well, plenty down this way.