News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

April Spring Action-day at Combe

Started by fullpint, 30, March, 2013, 05:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

27th April is Spring Action Day at Combe. This will be the last year the wife runs this events for the Cento-Rebels. Yet again we have a great pitch in the paddock area.
She has 6 tickets up for grabs so first come basis only.
£5 per ticket. This will gain entre for one car and driver into the paddock area.PM if you are interested and I will forward the wifes details so you can deal direct with her regarding payment and ticket collection/postal details.

Moleman

It's looking like I can't do this one mate. It even clashes with penbury trackday which i'm also not going to be able to go.
sorry.  :(

Jasperpilchards

Hi there, moleman just pointed out that you had some tickets for combe. Do you have any left if so id be interested in 2 tickets 1 for me and my car+ 1 passenger
cheers

rob

robp

Yes, me too. Sorry for late ask; change of plans.

fullpint

Tickets are all allocated now! Mind you, you never know that on the day (as with most events) some people who are meant to be collecting there tickets in the morning they may not show up.. If so then the wife may have a ticket or two left over which could to dropped off by the gate.. Can't promise this tho.
Feel free to pm me a mobile number  with name and if we get a no-show I can call or text.

fullpint

robp and may be jasperpilchards will be joining us..
Hairy Santa may also be coming if he's free..
First Action-Day can be very eventfull!!!!!!!!!!! Last year a Fiat Coupe ended up-side down on camp  :o. Hopefully nothing too major this year.
I will be there about 9am till about 2pm then its back home to deal with the woof  ;D

fullpint

8) So far the weather is looking GREAT. A little frost to clear but hopefully the sun will shine.
£15 on the gates but I'm sure if you come after 2pm they may just let you in!!! Over 100 clubs stands so should be busy with loads of track action  :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D ;D

fullpint

:Dk a weee cold but a great day. Both Rob's and Hairy Santa came along. Rain stayed away!! Well until I left to do my dog then I was followed all the way home by a hail cloud so got a little wet.
Robp; Cheers for taking my lad out in your Westy. I think he enjoyed it.
Cant seem to upload any pics at the mo so will try again later..

Jasperpilchards

Was a great day! Until the hale on the way home! Lucky for me it came down while I was n the petrol station otherwise I think I'd of had a face like a welder a bench! Thnk ill pack the helmet next time.. Some good looking motors and good to meet some more club members.
And a big thanx to full and half pint for organising the pitch  :D

Hairy Santa

was a good day, thought the drifting was excellent

thanks to half and full pint

only took a couple of shots

fullpint

robp

Many thanks to Fullpint and Halfpint for getting me into the event and on to the track. 

It's been a while since I've driven around Combe.  I was a little nervous as there had been a few 'incidents' during the day.  Fortunately, I was the first car out in my session so I went for it to get ahead of the masses.  R888s were working well after they got up to temperature.  I managed to catch a some back markers after a few laps.  The Westfield was running well.  It's the first time I've been on circuit since my brake mods.  They were working well but I needed more track time to really get confidence to push them more.  I also need to adjust the biasing slightly.  I have some in-car video footage plus some trackside action during the drift sessions which I will try to upload to the site/YouTube.

As usual there was loads to see at the event.  I'm planning to go to the Classic and Sportcars day in June if it doesn't clash with my holiday (need to check dates).

Hairy Santa

Quote from: robp on 28, April, 2013, 11:59:57 AM
Many thanks to Fullpint and Halfpint for getting me into the event and on to the track. 

It's been a while since I've driven around Combe.  I was a little nervous as there had been a few 'incidents' during the day.  Fortunately, I was the first car out in my session so I went for it to get ahead of the masses.  R888s were working well after they got up to temperature.  I managed to catch a some back markers after a few laps.  The Westfield was running well.  It's the first time I've been on circuit since my brake mods.  They were working well but I needed more track time to really get confidence to push them more.  I also need to adjust the biasing slightly.  I have some in-car video footage plus some trackside action during the drift sessions which I will try to upload to the site/YouTube.

As usual there was loads to see at the event.  I'm planning to go to the Classic and Sportcars day in June if it doesn't clash with my holiday (need to check dates).

You were not hanging around  ;D

Lucky Ed

Looks like you guys had a good day out. I'm sure Rob was as quick as ever, I've yet to drive Combe - it's on my to do list,  was intending to go the tail end of last year but a combination of crap weather, a very unstable car, the lack of run off and more importantly the lack of bottle, I decided against :o ;D

fullpint

robp

Here is one of the drifting sessions.  The poor guys fourth around the corner in the blue car over cooked on the exit and had a bump in the wall.  Both occupants were OK thankfully.

robp

Finally uploaded some in car footage from this day. 

robp

It was the first time I used a remote microphone on the GoPro.  It is positioned down on the right side of the transmission tunnel.  Sometimes my leg covers it so I may need to move it under the dash.

Daley Down Under

Rob - were you feeling ok? A few tin tops passed you

Adrian

robp

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 11, May, 2013, 09:11:26 AM
Rob - were you feeling ok? A few tin tops passed you

Yes, disgraceful isn't it.   :D

fullpint

Car looks well planted Rob. You picked up the pace lap after lap. Son will be showing this to his mates I expect  8)

'The Gaffer'

Ha, your passenger looked well pummelled at the end of that session.

Dont think I've ever seen you overtaken Rob, there must have been some pretty tuned up tin tops out there. Or was it that you pull your handbreak on at the end welding your brake pads to the discs ;)

Mic placement is good, nice to hear an engine for once instead of that irritating wind noise like in most track videos out there.

fullpint

;D Rob took my lad with him.. He loved it.

Moleman

I didn't know you could get them for the gopro? I will have to look into one of these. Wind noise is all I seem to get on track.  :)