Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bristol Motor Club Family Day Out.

Started by Moleman, 06, May, 2013, 09:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Bristol motor club are having a family day out at castle combe on sunday 23rd june.
Some of you guys will remember they did a AC Cobra day last year & this year is 50 years of GT40,Lamborghini,911 & the DB5. So they are calling it the Grandes Marques Tribute.

The event is free for all exhibitors but the track will be opened up to do some parade laps if you wish to take part? That will be a small charge of £10 (details to follow)
There will be other attractions like kids zone for younger members of the family & even a chance to cycle around the circuit at lunch time so bring your bikes!  ;D

I'm going to ring the co-ordinator tomorrow to get all the details but I know you need to fill in a form & pay the £10 circuit fee by 14th June if you want to do the parade laps?
I'm hoping to book a spaces for B.K.C.C. so we can park up together so please put your name down if you wish to go & if you would like to do the parade lap   :D
feel free to ask me any questions.
Colin.

Moleman

Is no one up for this? It is free unless you want to do the parade laps in the morning & afternoon?  ::)
If It's a no then no probs I wont book us spaces to park up. Can you guys just let me know?
thanks.   :)

fullpint

parade laps.......... May be the Mk Indy can get to go round Combe then!!! I'm sure they don't sound check cars on a parade lap ;) ;) ;) ;)
Sounds like it could be a good day if the weather holds.
I'm up for it Colin..

WALNUT

Ill be up for that
                       Tony

'The Gaffer'

Me and Speedy should be up for this.

Pilgrim Anna

Hi Phil,
                   Im  definitely up for that! ;D Will make sure Im not working LOL.

Moleman

Anyone else up for this one?
please put your name down if you do?
Can you also let me know if you want to do the parade laps as you will have to pay a £10 fee for this by 14th June if you do? If so then please put Parade laps next to your name?  :)

Going so far,
                    1, Moleman
                    2, The Gaffer
                    3, Speedy
                    4, Wallnut
                    5, Fullpint
                    6, Pilgrim Anna
                    7, Bulldog Bri (I'm gessing? :))
                    8, ?
There is a simple form for this which I have & will pm you guys for the details at the start of june to send them off in one go. Along with your £10 cheque if you want to do tha parade laps.
Don't forget it is free if you are not doing the parade laps :D

Moleman

Is anyone else up for this one?

Those who have said yes can you please let me know if you want to do the parade laps as there is a £10 charge for this?

I will have to fill out a form for you guys but it aint as bad as others & will let you know the details next week & you can pm me the info next week & I will send the forms off all in one go.   :)

fullpint

Bulldog Bri

Moleman

They told me someone from the club had already done the forms Bri.  ;)

Little change of plan.
Those who would like to go please click on this link to download the form to send off with your cheque if you wish to do the parade lap.
http://www.bristolmc.org.uk/Pre-event/Grandes_Marques_day.htm
I can also send you the forms if you would rather I did this if it's easier for you? Just send me a PM with your adress.

I will also try to book a B.K.C.C parking area so would anyone Else be up for this please let me know pretty soon?  :)

There is a dead line to book a place on this one. :)

Moleman

When you fill in the forms please put our club name down has they will allocate us parking spaces together. ;)
Thanks Colin.

fullpint

Just filled out my form and will post it off tomorrow along with my cheque for £10  8)

Moleman

Has anyone else filled in a form & sent it off yet? :)

There is a deadline which is fast coming up! So if anyone hasn't down loaded the link for the forms or would like me to send them one please don't hesitate to ask?  :)

people going so far = 1, moleman (with form sent off).
                                2, Bulldog Bri (with form sent off).
                                3, Pilgrim Anna (with form sent off).
                                4, Fullpint (with form sent off).
                                5, Walnut
                                6, The Gaffer
                                7, Speedy

Anyone else?  ;D

WALNUT

Ive sent of a form, but dont think I put club name on it.
                                                                                 Tony

Moleman

No probs I will ask afew days before the deadline how many spaces they Have for our club & make sure there is enough.  :)

Has anyone else filled in a form & sent it off yet?

There is a deadline which is fast coming up! So if anyone hasn't down loaded the link for the forms or would like me to send them one please don't hesitate to ask? 

5, Walnut  (with form sent off).
                                6, The Gaffer
                                7, Speedy

Anyone else? 

WALNUT

I might need 2 parking spaces for  my car    LOL
                                                           Tony

Moleman

You have only afew days left to send your forms in for this one!

Even if you are thinking of going to this one but not sure if you can make it just fill in a form & send it to them anyway as it won't cost you anything.  :)

'The Gaffer'

YellaBelly

Colin, is it to late to post the form or can I email it?

JB

Edit: Ignore that, I've just realised she lives about 10 minutes from us so I'll deliver it by hand :)

Bulldog Bri

Just in case your late doing the form, or not sure about going out on track, we did the forms on the day last year, as Zoe was in the marshals room.

8)

YellaBelly

Krazyken

Colin

I will take place no. 8 in my MG but will not be doing the parade lap.  I have downloaded the form and will send off today.

Moleman

5, Walnut  (with form sent off).
                                6, The Gaffer (with form sent off).                               
                                7, Speedy (with form sent off).
                                8, Krazyken (with form sent off).
                                9, Yellowbelly (with form sent off).

I will speek to Zoe next week to confirm that we have reserved club parking spaces so we will be able to park together when you get there.
I will also look into a meeting place if you want to go up there in convoy or just meet there on the day.

Who would like to meet first & go in convoy if I arrange a meeting point? I can't see what time it starts but I would gess about 9-10ish? (I will find out next week).  :)

Hairy Santa

I will probably pop up, but not sure at the moment so wont bother with the form as it could stop someone else getting out there

Should be a good day  8)

Moleman

when I speak to Zoe i will see if I can get some extra spaces for our club to allow for last minute guys that turn up! & incase people forgot to put our club on the form.  ::) :D

fullpint

Had my stuff emailed to me today.
I'm entry number 170, Well over 200+ car could be on display and I'm gonna sneak out on the track  ;)
Now all we need is some good weather PLEASE

Moleman

I haven't had my info Yet but I will ring Zoe tomorrow to make sure we have enough spaces reserved for at least 12 spaces for our club.
I will take the banner to put up when we get there so you guys know where we are parked.  ;D
When I find out what time it starts i will head up there for the time you can get in.
What time are people planing to get there for the day? Do you guys what to meet up before hand & go in convoy or not?  :)

YellaBelly

Colin.

I didn't manage to get my form in before we went on holiday, so not sure if I can still do the day?

Moleman

Jellabelly= I spoke to Zoe today & they are not taking anymore forms as they are running out of space fast. I will PM you my mob number as what you can do is call me on the day when you leave & If there is space in our allocated club plot I may be able to fit you in. If not you will still be able to go for free but you may have to park in the spectators area. (it is still free to get in).  :)

It is looking like we will have a club area in Zone A & I will comfirm this as soon as I get the email conformation from zoe. So when you get to the gate tell the marshal you are with B.K.C.C. in zone A.
I will be getting there by 9am to set up the sign, You guys can get there anytime but the earlier the better is if you are doing the parade laps.  :)

If anyone on the list does deside they can't make it then please give me a call then i can use your space to for someone else if this is possible.   

fullpint

Colin; I've been given a number (170) Does that mean they may line us up in order??
Display cars can arrive after 0900. Gates open to the public at 1000.
Parade laps 1100-1200 and 1430-1530 in groups of about 25.
Those doing the parade laps need to sign on at the Strawford Centre and have a FULL AND VALID RTA Driving licence for inspection
I will try to arrive at 0900 depending upon the weather!!  Hopefully those thunder showers will blow over by Saturday night...

Moleman

Your number won't matter mate.  I'm 256  :o
You just have to tell the marshal at the gate you are part of B.K.C.C. stand which is in zone A (to be confirmed) & they will tell you where that is.  :D

Dixie

my number is 21.

hope for good weather.

Bulldog Bri

fullpint

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 18, June, 2013, 10:53:14 PM
we're 171 & 172  :P

8)
Next to me then  :P :P :P.. If it rains may be I can borrow one of your hoods  ;D

Moleman

We are Zone A.
You just have to tell the marshal at the gate you are part of B.K.C.C. stand which is in zone A & they will tell you where that is.  ;D
We are sharing it with afew other clubs so try to get there early if poss. I will see if I can get the banner up first thing to help you find it.  ;D
Those who are going that didn't fill in a form may will have to park in the general public area at Westway, & I may be able to get you in if one of our guys who filled in a form can't go. but I can't guarantee this. :)

Hairy Santa

Please correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the form in relation to the parade laps and not the parking at the club pitch, how come the goalposts have now moved ?

Moleman

Sorry If I haven't made it clear enough Pete. The forms are for the parking spaces aswell.  :(  This was why In almost every post I was pushing you guys to do the forms by the deadline.

If they wasn't full for the day It wouldn't normally be a problem. I can try to fit you in later if someone leaves early as the weather aint looking too good?  :(
Colin.

Hairy Santa

Hi Col, I wasn't interested in doing the parade laps, and didn't bother with the form due to this reason - it could have blocked someone who wanted to do it

I now know for future reference, I'm gunna give Sunday a miss I think but should see you this Sat for the run to Pixash Lane, Saltford 

Krazyken

Pete

They have food there, that's all you need to know! :-* :-* :-*