+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bradley Stoke Carnival Car Show - Bank Holiday Monday 26th August

Started by Krazyken, 24, June, 2013, 07:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krazyken

I have been asked by Bradley Stoke Radio to consider putting on a car show at the Bradley Stoke Carnival on Bank Holiday Monday 26th August.  This will be a large one day event for all the family funded by the Town Council with BSR doing a LIVE outside broadcast.  It will be a big event with live music and you will get your chance to be interviewed about your car live on air.

They are looking for a combination of kit, classic and motorsport cars, total of around 20-30 so I have also invited our friends from BPMC who we are sharing the track day with this weekend.  If we can provide enough interesting cars between the 2 clubs that would be great, as it keeps things nice and simple between the 2 clubs. 

If you can come along for a great family day out and display your car please put your name down below with details of your car.

Click thumbnail of the event flyer below to see it full size.

Moleman

I can make this one Ken. We are doing the Cheddar run on the Sunday so a nice carnival the next day will be cool. I've also got a trackday at combe on the tuesday so a action packed car fest for me.  ;D 8)

so  1, Moleman = westfield.
     2, ?

anyone else?  :)

WALNUT

I dont do any track work, but you can put me down if your short of takers.
                                                                                                    WALLNUT

Krazyken

Wallnut

Many thanks mate, your always welcome at any of my events, it's a long time since you, me and Foggy took the p*ss out of each other over a pint. 

I am hoping for a good showing from the BKCC chaps so please put your name down if you are able to make it.

Moleman

YellaBelly

Unless the Boss has any other ideas for me, should be up for this one too :)

Krazyken

Bit more news on this.  The theme of the day will be a Brazilian Carnival located at the Jubilee Centre in the middle of Bradley Stoke.  The parade will run from the Jubilee Centre at 1pm accompanied by a Samba Band and return after a short route around Bradley Stoke.

The event is being organised and funded by Bradley Stoke Town Council who are also providing costume workshops for those taking part in the parade in the weeks leading up to the event.  Please, no jokes about giving Hairy Santa a Brazillian  :o.
I will send the "provisional" official flyer to Phil and ask him to post up on this thread,  What I need is a few more cars, so anyone else?

Hairy Santa

sounds like it could be fun, I'm up for this

main question is  - are they doing breakfasts at all  ;D

Bulldog Bri

Krazyken

Not sure about the breakfasts Pete but I will ask the question and post up the answer. ;)

YellaBelly

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 16, July, 2013, 10:37:23 AM
....main question is  - are they doing breakfasts at all  ;D

They might do Brazillian toast mate :D :D

[smg id=1320]

'The Gaffer'

Moleman

People going so far :)
1, Moleman.
2, Wallnut.
3, Yellabelly.
4, Bulldog Bri.
5, Pilgrim Anna.
6, Hairy Santa.
7, ANYONE ELSE UP FOR THIS?

Moleman

Any more takers for this then? :D
Please put your name down if your a maybe?  :)

Krazyken

I now have some more details on this and have renamed the thread as Bradley Stoke Carnival Car Show.  The event will open at 1pm so please arrive between 12-1pm so that the cars can be lined up in an attractive display.  There will also be cars there from BPMC and the Avenue Drivers Club so a good mix of Sports, Kits & Classics.  As the event will be funded by the Town Council there will be full food, drink and toilet facilities at the event.

In summary the main points are

• Brazilian Style Carnival
    Samba Band and street parade
    Live broadcasts by Bradley Stoke Radio
    Car Display courtesy of all you BKCC members
    A good afternoon and show for all the family

If anyone else is interested please put your name down and I will post up the final details about a week before.

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Krazyken on 06, August, 2013, 09:55:10 AM
I now have some more details on this and have renamed the thread as Bradley Stoke Carnival Car Show.  The event will open at 1pm so please arrive between 12-1pm so that the cars can be lined up in an attractive display.  There will also be cars there from BPMC and the Avenue Drivers Club so a good mix of Sports, Kits & Classics.  As the event will be funded by the Town Council there will be full food, drink and toilet facilities at the event.

In summary the main points are

• Brazilian Style Carnival
    Samba Band and street parade
    Live broadcasts by Bradley Stoke Radio
    Car Display courtesy of all you BKCC members
    A good afternoon and show for all the family

If anyone else is interested please put your name down and I will post up the final details about a week before.

Brazilian style carnival in Bradley Stoke -  :D

fullpint

Quote from: Moleman on 24, July, 2013, 07:23:53 PM
People going so far :)
1, Moleman.
2, Wallnut.
3, Yellabelly.
4, Bulldog Bri.
5, Pilgrim Anna.
6, Hairy Santa.
7, ANYONE ELSE UP FOR THIS?
Fullpint is up for this at the mo  8) can stay till 230pm  :D

Krazyken

Just for Hairy Santa

THERE IS FOOD - A BURGER VAN ;) ;D :P

There will also be drinks and toilets in the Jubilee contre.

Dazzer

Moleman

People going so far
1, Moleman.
2, Wallnut.
3, Yellabelly.
4, Bulldog Bri.
5, Pilgrim Anna.
6, Hairy Santa.
7, Fullpint.
8, Dazzer.
ANYONE ELSE UP FOR THIS? :)

Bulldog Bri

Here's a map to help those to find the centre (Sat nav. BS32 9TA)

I've been tasked with organising the cars, Colin could you bring the club banner, there may be somewhere to hang it.

8)

peterw

Sumov8

All depends what time we get back from Upton Music Festival as we are up there for the Bank Holiday weekend, but as this event is at the end of my road I am sure I should be able to get there early afternoon. ::)

Krazyken

Now have the final details.

The car display will be at the Jubilee Centre in the centre of Bradley Stoke.  The main spine road through Bradley Stoke is unsurprisingly called Bradley Stoke Way.  In the middle of this road is a large roundabout with The Leisure Centre & School one side and a large Tesco the other.  From which ever way you come you will need to turn right of left so that the Leisure Centre & School are behind you.  Ignore the turning to Tesco and carry on over another roundabout and the Jubilee Centre/Playing Fields will be on the right.  I was made aware yesterday that the Parade starts at 1pm however the display on the field starts at 11am.  If you can make this earlier time please do so but if not please arrive between 12-1 as previous posts.  Bulldog Bri has agreed to sort out the display, we all know he's good at this so please park as Bri directs you.

Many thanks

Ken

Moleman

Sorry mate. my car is running but not running good enough to drive anywhere at the moment.  :'(
I may pop along at some point though.  :)

YellaBelly

Is there a meet-up point for this one and time, or is it make your own way?

Bulldog Bri

Me, Anna and Wallnut are meeting at the Willy Wicket pub on the Ring road for 11:30 welcome to join us.
8)

YellaBelly

fullpint

I cant set off until just gone 1130  >:( Waiting for the son!! He's nicked the wife's seat but can't get up early.. Dad's already been to work, walked my dog twice and ready to go... Hopefully we wont get lost...

fullpint

AWESOME day.. Kits cars got a lot of interest..
But not as much as those dancers! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P! I think Pete may have one or two photos so I will just post a couple of the cars.. Loved that E-Type 8)

peterw

Krazyken

According to all the red bloodied males who attended, their exact words were: -

THIS IS THE BEST CAR SHOW EVER - EVER - EVER - EVER - EVER!!!!!

Click on the photos above to see why, more photos to come.  Form an orderly queue for next years event! :P :P :P

Check out the picture of Walnut.  He is going to die one very happy man! ;) ;) ;)

Bulldog Bri

Another great day for the club, one to remember for next year. Loads of interest in the cars, once we found our way in. Ands lots to SEE! ;) Think they may need to set aside a bit more room for parking next time, as I'm sure there may be a few more coming along.  :P ;D :P ;D :P

8)

WALNUT

Only Ken could put a show on like this, already booked my place for next year
                                                                                                          WALNUT

garry h

Not sure why but will definitely be going to this one next time  :P :P :P :P :) :) :) :
Just hope Wallnut leaves some for me !!!!!!!!  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Hairy Santa

Brill time at the carnival, weather fantastic, great company and some nice cars

told ken I would only come next year if he could stop people just siting in your cars 

Not on really is it

Moleman

Now I'm getting really fed up that my car is still not working!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Grin-a-lot

:o

£10 says that's the last time Wallnut and Santa clean the inside of their cars!

Anyway Bradley Stoke 2014 - who's in?

Krazyken

Walnut and Santa were like kids in a sweet shop all day.  Many comments were made by both about never cleaning their drivers seats again - EVER!!

I will leave it to Walnut to say what he is going to do with his nearside front wing..............

Walnut over to you! :-*

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 26, August, 2013, 08:44:27 PM
:o

£10 says that's the last time Wallnut and Santa clean the inside of their cars!

Anyway Bradley Stoke 2014 - who's in?
It was decided this years no-show'ers, back of the queue. Lol.

8)